Trade Offer

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
gaz29
Starter
Starter

Trade Offer

Postby gaz29 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:01 am

I have received the following trade offer for the team below. It is a team I took over this year and is in need of a reliable RB

I give Steve Smith (CAR)

I get J Harrison and 1.11

The starting requirements are 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def, and 4 other players at either RB, WR, or TE. As I currently have picks 1.3 and 1.5 my plan is to target the best two RBs that are available. I know Spiller will be taken 1.1 as that owner has already stated thats what he is going to do and I am planning on Dez Bryant going at 1.2

Brady, Tom NEP
Johnson, Josh TBB
Moore, Matt CAR
Vick, Michael PHI

Brown, Thomas CLE
Choice, Tashard DAL
Moreno, Knowshon DEN
Peerman, Cedric DET
Slaton, Steve HOU
Smith, Kevin DET

Barden, Ramses NYG
Colston, Marques NOS
Crabtree, Michael SFO
Gonzalez, Anthony IND
Harvin, Percy MIN
Johnson, Steve BUF
Jones, James GBP
Jones, Matt CIN
Robiskie, Brian CLE
Smith, Steve CAR

Miller, Zach OAK

Folk, Nick FA*
Nedney, Joe SFO
Reed, Jeff PIT

Broncos, Denver DST
Cowboys, Dallas DST
Jets, New York DST

Year 2010 Draft Pick 1.03, 1.05, 2.03, 3.12

Your thoughts on the trade are always appreciated
QB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB

QB: R Wilson,
RB: Elliott, Gordon, K Johnson, R Penny, Guice, I Smith
WR: Hopkins, Kupp, M Williams, MVS, Bisi Johnson, Butler, V Jefferson, Claypool
TE: Kittle, Graham, Oliver, Bryant (Cle)
K: Crosby, Rohrwasser
DB: Bates, Rapp, Flowers, Adderley
DL: Garrett, J Bosa, Josh Allen, Jonathan Allen
LB: J Smith, Hicks, R Evans, Ryan Connelly, Alexander, Barr

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:03 am

I'd take it.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:45 am

Make sure you get the kicker and i would do it! :wink: It's not a bad offer. You have more depth at WR to do that deal than you do at RB.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:10 am

id wait for skip to post, i just dont see harrision being the solution at RB in cleveland... so youd basically be trading smith for a 1.11 pick... which i wouldnt do.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:48 am

thewhyterabbit wrote:id wait for skip to post, i just dont see harrision being the solution at RB in cleveland... so youd basically be trading smith for a 1.11 pick... which i wouldnt do.
While I don't think Harrison is really the long term solution in Cleveland, I think he has trade value this year and possibly next. I have said for a long time I think Smith will hit a wall and fall off the face of the earth. I don't see a steady decline with him. That coupled with the possibility of Delhomme back at QB...I would take my chances and move Harrison and a draft pick or pair him with Kevin Smith or someone for another upgrade at RB if possible.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:52 am

I wouldn't take it. I don't think Harrison is your solution at the position. I think Steve Smith could get you back a better piece at RB or a piece that you could move for a RB.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:29 am

My good friend Gareth..I implore you to ignore the shear lunacy of those telling you to take this trade. Has everyone lost their mind!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jerome Harrison is a classic "sell high" player and you will be drinking the Kool Aid on him if you make this trade. Do not let three great games against the Chiefs, Raiders, and Jaguars cloud your judgment on what has been a very disappointing career. If you need a "reliable" RB, Harrison is not your guy.

The 1.11 is going to net the 2nd tier RB/WR's and the two great QB's will be gone. The chances of hitting a future FF starter are risky.

Jake Delhomme will not be the QB for the Panthers in 2010 and with Matt Moore, Smith played like the Steve Smith we expect him too. Whether or not one agrees with me on Steve Smith's value (I still have him in the 13-15 range in dynasty), he is worth more then what you are getting.

----------------
Now playing: Foo Fighters - Everlong

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 am

Pilate wrote:My good friend Gareth..I implore you to ignore the shear lunacy of those telling you to take this trade. Has everyone lost their mind!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jerome Harrison is a classic "sell high" player and you will be drinking the Kool Aid on him if you make this trade. Do not let three great games against the Chiefs, Raiders, and Jaguars cloud your judgment on what has been a very disappointing career. If you need a "reliable" RB, Harrison is not your guy.

The 1.11 is going to net the 2nd tier RB/WR's and the two great QB's will be gone. The chances of hitting a future FF starter are risky.

Jake Delhomme will not be the QB for the Panthers in 2010 and with Matt Moore, Smith played like the Steve Smith we expect him too. Whether or not one agrees with me on Steve Smith's value (I still have him in the 13-15 range in dynasty), he is worth more then what you are getting.

----------------
I am not drinking the Kool Aid Nate...I am not drinking the Steve Smith Kool Aid either though. There have been plenty of rumors (yes only rumors) that Fox wants to go back to Delhomme which wouldn't surprise me because he has always been a stubborn head coach. I think it should be Matt Moore as well but my point is...even with Moore at QB, I expect his play to decline very quickly since he relies almost solely on his speed. I would only do this if you could work something else out with Harrison though because like I said above, I don't see him as a long term solution in Cleveland but I expect decent numbers this year.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:07 am

I would rather have steve smith over harrison.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:52 am

Remember, I am not the only Browns fan on this board - but I will try to be fair here on my assessment as I like both players. If you note my dynasty rankings you'll see that I have Smith rated as the #17 WR and Harrison as the #20 RB. I think both players are being underrated at this point in their careers.

Smith has been an excellent WR for a number of years now. He is always a threat to miss a game or two. This past season was dreadful in Carolina as far as the passing game was concerned. Yet Smith still nearly got his 1000 yards. I'd still expect him to be a guy who will catch 70-75 balls, pass 1000 yards, and get his 7-8 TDs. Not a stud, but he's not going to hurt you either.

Ignore the opponents for a minute as far as Harrison and if you go back and watch the film there are things that stand out. He displayed the ability to run both inside and outside and good hands when he was being utilized in the passing game. He's 27 and I'd expect he'll be the starter at least this season and if he fares well another one past that. In that role will he at least match Steve Smith's output? I think so. I think the biggest hinderance he could run into is Mangini's willingness to start him.

He has the talent to succeed. He just needs the opportunity.

This is probably a deal I would make and add a WR with that pick from what is a very deep group of rookies.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:09 am

I wouldn't do that trade.

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:29 am

bigcsr67 wrote:I would rather have steve smith over harrison.
exactly. You are talking about one of your flex options - go with the sure thing. 1.11 is not enough of an enticement to make me switch.

-oo-

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 am

I am curious about those saying not to do it what their expectations for Harrison are. He went extremely late in the DLF III draft which to me was a major head scratcher. He's going to be the starter this fall and is being drafted behind a number of #2s which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:33 am

hosler427 wrote:
Pilate wrote:My good friend Gareth..I implore you to ignore the shear lunacy of those telling you to take this trade. Has everyone lost their mind!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

----------------
I am not drinking the Kool Aid Nate...I am not drinking the Steve Smith Kool Aid either though. There have been plenty of rumors (yes only rumors) that Fox wants to go back to Delhomme which wouldn't surprise me because he has always been a stubborn head coach. I think it should be Matt Moore as well but my point is...even with Moore at QB, I expect his play to decline very quickly since he relies almost solely on his speed. I would only do this if you could work something else out with Harrison though because like I said above, I don't see him as a long term solution in Cleveland but I expect decent numbers this year.
Image It tastes good... :)

----------------
Now playing: Allison Iraheta - Beat Me Up

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I'd take the deal, I think Harrison will benefit from Cleveland's new West Coast offense, and will be utilized more as a receiver out of the backfield. The Browns won't give him the full RB load, but he'll make enough of a Reggie Bush type impact with the team to make the trade worth it for you, with the draft pick added in solidifying the deal in your favor.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince