trade in DLF 2 opinions

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

trade in DLF 2 opinions

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:42 am

DLF invite 2 trade
16 teamer ppr

i gave
maclin (1.7 last year)
meachum

i get

this is my team as is, after the trade.

big ben
mendy
knowmo
stewart
royal
d.thomas
cribs
murphy
cooley

as is i was/will only start 1 WR... ill be choosing from dez/spiller/dwyer ... i have faith in thomas and royal!

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 am

You pretty much locked yourself into Bryant with that pick. I like Maclin a lot so its probably not a deal I would have made, particularly because I don't like Royal at all.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:56 am

skip wrote:You pretty much locked yourself into Bryant with that pick. I like Maclin a lot so its probably not a deal I would have made, particularly because I don't like Royal at all.
yea maclin was the toughest part to give up... i agree. and dez is probably the direction i will head, i think hes a step below calvin, aj, and fitz... and better than crabtree.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:36 am

I like the deal for you. I don't see Maclin or Meachem putting up consistant numbers in Philly's offense the way they spread the ball around.

princevincexoxo

Re: trade in DLF 2 opinions

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:32 am

thewhyterabbit wrote:DLF invite 2 trade
16 teamer ppr

i gave
maclin (1.7 last year)
meachum

i get

big ben
mendy
knowmo
stewart
royal
d.thomas
cribs
murphy
cooley

as is i was/will only start 1 WR... ill be choosing from dez/spiller/dwyer ... i have faith in thomas and royal!
This trade is fairly risky....Im sorry Spence...with your WR's I would not have done that...you are relying way too much on Bryant and Royal. If he goes to a less than ideal situation then you lose this trade easily. And if he goes to a decent situation you could still possibly lose, or break even in this deal, unless Bryant becomes elite. I personally wouldnt have done it also because I cant see myself relying on Royal as my #2 - especially in a WR heavy league like DLF 2...but I cant blame a guy for shooting for the stars :wink:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:16 pm

I like the deal. I value the 1.1 more than what you gave up. You will be able to patch your WR group together via the waiver-wire, future trade, or perhaps duct-tape. :)

Dez is regarded by some as the best WR to come out in the past two drafts (at least). If that proves to be true, this is a great deal. Add elite talent and fill the gaps later and you didn't give up a whole lot to begin with. Both guys you sent away in the deal are spokes in the wheel of their respective offenses - not feature #1 WR players (though Maclin may have a chance at it, Meachem is a complimentary player at this point).
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:18 pm

I think you gave up too much Spencer. I think Meachem has top 15 potential and Maclin will be very good.

Let's not forget that over the last half of the season, Meachem put up top 20 numbers.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:32 pm

I like the deal for you Spencer. While I do like Maclin, I think both he and Meachem will be inconsistent because of the offenses they are in. There are too many weapons in New Orleans for Meachem to be elite.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:36 pm

I like it for you, UGA VIII, I also think the other guy sold low on the 1.1 pick and I also don't think Meachem will ever be that great or consistent.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:37 pm

Pilate wrote:I think you gave up too much Spencer. I think Meachem has top 15 potential and Maclin will be very good.

Let's not forget that over the last half of the season, Meachem put up top 20 numbers.
Meachem did produce and I probably don't give him enough credit, but his numbers do rely a lot on his TD totals. He was 55th in Targets over the 2nd half of the season, too. There is some bad company around that range (Bryant Johnson, Nate Washington, Kevin Walter, James Jones, Chaz Schilens, etc).
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Misfit74 wrote:
Pilate wrote:I think you gave up too much Spencer. I think Meachem has top 15 potential and Maclin will be very good.

Meachem did produce and I probably don't give him enough credit, but his numbers do rely a lot on his TD totals. He was 55th in Targets over the 2nd half of the season, too. There is some bad company around that range (Bryant Johnson, Nate Washington, Kevin Walter, James Jones, Chaz Schilens, etc).
So if Meachem produced with less targets...imagine what Meachem could do with MORE targets.....? Schilens too :P

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:58 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
16 teamer ppr

i gave
maclin (1.7 last year)
meachum

i get

big ben
mendy
knowmo
stewart
royal
d.thomas
cribs
murphy
cooley

This trade is fairly risky....Im sorry Spence...with your WR's I would not have done that...you are relying way too much on Bryant and Royal. If he goes to a less than ideal situation then you lose this trade easily. And if he goes to a decent situation you could still possibly lose, or break even in this deal, unless Bryant becomes elite. I personally wouldnt have done it also because I cant see myself relying on Royal as my #2 - especially in a WR heavy league like DLF 2...but I cant blame a guy for shooting for the stars :wink:
well.. the only reason i divided 2 for 1 was because we can start 1qb, 3rb, 1wr, and 1Te... that way im looking for one of dez, royal, or thomas to step up to the plate... im still a very strong believer in devin thomas.. and shanny going to the skinz only helps his chances... haha def a risk though. seems all the trades i tend to do have mixed opinions... i like it ;)

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:26 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote:
16 teamer ppr

i gave
maclin (1.7 last year)
meachum

i get

big ben
mendy
knowmo
stewart
royal
d.thomas
cribs
murphy
cooley

well.. the only reason i divided 2 for 1 was because we can start 1qb, 3rb, 1wr, and 1Te... that way im looking for one of dez, royal, or thomas to step up to the plate... im still a very strong believer in devin thomas.. and shanny going to the skinz only helps his chances... haha def a risk though. seems all the trades i tend to do have mixed opinions... i like it ;)

I also think you are relying heavily on stewart here (SIDENOTE: I can trade you DWill to alleviate you of that risk :twisted: ). As a fellow DLF2 member though Spence...I would never, EVER, in my dreams even THINK of steering you in the wrong direction :wink: But honestly, a lot of things have to go right in order for this to be successful.. but then again its a 16 teamer so I guess those moves are necessary sometimes.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Well, you have definitely locked yourself into Bryant at 1.1, as I don't trust Royal at all. So, it will all hinge on how Bryant pans out. Personally, I would have stuck with Maclin and Meachem.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:15 pm

princevincexoxo wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
princevincexoxo wrote: This trade is fairly risky....Im sorry Spence...with your WR's I would not have done that...you are relying way too much on Bryant and Royal. If he goes to a less than ideal situation then you lose this trade easily. And if he goes to a decent situation you could still possibly lose, or break even in this deal, unless Bryant becomes elite. I personally wouldnt have done it also because I cant see myself relying on Royal as my #2 - especially in a WR heavy league like DLF 2...but I cant blame a guy for shooting for the stars :wink:

I also think you are relying heavily on stewart here (SIDENOTE: I can trade you DWill to alleviate you of that risk :twisted: ). As a fellow DLF2 member though Spence...I would never, EVER, in my dreams even THINK of steering you in the wrong direction :wink: But honestly, a lot of things have to go right in order for this to be successful.. but then again its a 16 teamer so I guess those moves are necessary sometimes.
well for me... it basically came down to... who would i be more comfortable starting as my WR... dez... or maclin/meachum ... for me, its dez.