Little Faith in Leinart?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Little Faith in Leinart?

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:30 am

The Cardinals are expected to pursue a veteran quarterback to compete with Matt Leinart this offseason.

Chad Pennington has been mentioned as a possibility, and Marc Bulger could be an alternative. Leinart would enter training camp as the prohibitive favorite, but he wouldn't be a lock to hold off Pennington if the veteran makes a successful return from shoulder surgery. The Cardinals are also expected to draft a quarterback, likely in the third or fourth round.
Rotoworld

princevincexoxo

Re: Little Faith in Leinart?

Postby princevincexoxo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:33 am

Steelersfan wrote:The Cardinals are expected to pursue a veteran quarterback to compete with Matt Leinart this offseason.

Chad Pennington has been mentioned as a possibility, and Marc Bulger could be an alternative. Leinart would enter training camp as the prohibitive favorite, but he wouldn't be a lock to hold off Pennington if the veteran makes a successful return from shoulder surgery. The Cardinals are also expected to draft a quarterback, likely in the third or fourth round.
Rotoworld

Thats a huge lack of faith if you are going to bring in a vet AND draft a QB in round 3 or 4....

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Little Faith in Leinart?

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 am

princevincexoxo wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:The Cardinals are expected to pursue a veteran quarterback to compete with Matt Leinart this offseason.

Rotoworld

Thats a huge lack of faith if you are going to bring in a vet AND draft a QB in round 3 or 4....
I agree. The Bulger comment is interesting...anyone think he can pull a Warner and resurrect his career? Lot's of weapons in Arizona...

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:44 am

Its possible. I could see a 1-2 year deal with a guy like Pennington/Bulger and then drafting someone like Lefevour. I don't have faith in Leinart either.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:47 am

I saw another report that it could be Chad Pennington that is being brought in as the "Veteran" presence, if he is healthy to challenge Leinart. He would be a nice piece for that team. I'm not sure Bulger is the answer.....

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:51 am

I remember just a few years ago everyone including myself had written Warner off. Bulger will only be 33 years old when the season starts. I know it's a long shot but I'm holding on to him just in case.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 am

Steelersfan wrote:I remember just a few years ago everyone including myself had written Warner off. Bulger will only be 33 years old when the season starts. I know it's a long shot but I'm holding on to him just in case.
I am as well. I only have him in one league but I won't drop him especially if the Cards sign him.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am

I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 am

This year is interesting in that there seems to be good value at the QB position available in round 3 or later, Qbs like Snead/Lefevour/Pike could be available to them in round 3 or later. In the latest mock, Colt McCoy went to the Cards in round 2, but I think that was a case of McCoy falling much further than he should, either way the Cards should be able to get good value on a QB in this year's draft if they want. Hopefully Leinart can reunite with Dennis Green somewhere like the Arena League or the new United Football League sometime :lol:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Not good for my DLF III team :(

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:32 pm

A a Leinart owner, I'm expecting and prepared for him to fail. :lol:

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:02 pm

According to Mike Berardino on Twitter, the Cardinals are looking at Chad Pennington as a fallback plan for starting quarterback Matt Leinart.

Our View: Pennington would fit in nicely in Arizona, and if he proves that he is healthy and back to his 2008 form, he would be a solid option behind Leinart. There's also a good possibility that if Leinart flops, gets injured or is just flat out outplayed by Pennington that the former Dolphin could become the starter.
Fanball

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Steelersfan wrote:According to Mike Berardino on Twitter, the Cardinals are looking at Chad Pennington as a fallback plan for starting quarterback Matt Leinart.

Our View: Pennington would fit in nicely in Arizona, and if he proves that he is healthy and back to his 2008 form, he would be a solid option behind Leinart. There's also a good possibility that if Leinart flops, gets injured or is just flat out outplayed by Pennington that the former Dolphin could become the starter.
Fanball
If I were the Cardinals, this is the direction that I would go. And would instantly make Pennington the starter.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:27 pm

There are not too many QBs in the NFL that would be "behind Leinart" on the depth chart...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:34 pm

skip wrote:There are not too many QBs in the NFL that would be "behind Leinart" on the depth chart...
:oops: :lol:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars