Completed Trade - Controversy Ensues

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which Side is Better?

Dez Side
39%
Antonio Brown Side
61%

Total votes: 41

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Completed Trade - Controversy Ensues

Postby ckrumm24 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:48 am

Missile wrote:I like Brown side but there is nothing to cry about here at all.
+1 - why are people unpleased? Tell them they suck at dynasty football for not making a better trade before you did. lol
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07

kypniloc1342
Rookie
Rookie

Postby kypniloc1342 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:10 am

Yes, I think that is the issue (them being 'jealous' about me making the deal before them). I'm one of the co-commissioners in the league, and was really the only guy that knew the new owner (a few others had met him). He entered the league on a Thursday, we got the trade done Saturday morning.

And yes, 3.25 and 3.28 are 3.05 and 3.08 (I feel like 3.25 almost makes more sense than 3.05 because it doesn't matter how big your league is. If you read 3.25 it means 3rd round pick, pick number 25 overall).
10 team superflex (5 pts passing TD, 1.0 PPR, & .15 PPC) 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 Superflex, 1 K

QB - Rodgers, Dak, Tyrod, McCown, McCarron
RB - Fournette, Mixon, Miller, Ingram, CJA, Lacy, Marshawn, Foreman, D-Wash, Richard, M Davis
WR - AB, Hopkins, Sammy, Demaryius, Hurns, Chris Godwin
TE - Kelce, Clay, Ebron
K - Who cares

BelichekYourSelf
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby BelichekYourSelf » Mon May 09, 2016 8:32 am

kypniloc1342 wrote:I just completed this trade in our 10 team superflex league (league in signature):

Gave - Dez, Doug Martin, Ertz, 1.08, 3.25, 3.28

Received - Antonio Brown, Mark Ingram, 1.07

Some others in the league aren't pleased about this trade. The owner I traded with just came into the league and took over an orphan team that is solid, but unspectacular (before trade: Matt Ryan, Stafford, Cutler, McCoy, Ivory, Ingram, McKinnon, Karlos Williams, J-Stew, A Brown, Lockett, Megatron (whoopsie), Davante Adams, Gates, Martellus, Jordan Cameron).

I put in a poll but would be interested in what people think. Trade rape or fair or somewhere in between?
Dez + Ertz +3rds <= AB
Martin > Ingram
1.08 = 1.07 (same tier)

This trade is completely fair.. If they are trying to complain about the fairness they are wrong. I can understand complaints about not having the opportunity to trade with him since you were the only one that knows him. Did they all have his contact information? Because if not then they have a legitimate complaint. In that case you had an unfair advantage by being the only person who can contact the new owner.
12 Team. Roster 22, 4 TS. PPR, TE Prem (1.75). Start 1 QB, 5 flex (2 RB Max), 1 Def, 1 K
QB P. Mahomes, J. Goff, B Zappe (TS)
RB S. Barkley, N. Chubb, R. Stevenson, T. Pollard, J. Cook, K. Herbert, A. Mattison, E. Mitchell
WR AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, C. Kupp, A. Cooper, D. Hopkins, DJ Moore, B. Aiyuk, R. Doubs, K. Boutte (TS), C. Tillman (TS), M. Wilson (TS)
TE M. Andrews
Def Patriots, Ravens

bobandrews
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bobandrews » Mon May 09, 2016 8:41 am

Just to pile on.... I like your end but it's not close to being something I'd have a fit over if it went down in my league.
Minnesota Fighting Saints 2020 League Champs
16 Team, 22 player in-season, 26 player off-season, .5 PPR, 4 Rd Rookie draft
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1K
QB- Mahomes, Bridgewater, Eason
RB- DCook, Aaron Jones, Duke Johnson, Hyde, Kelley, Cohen
WR- Watkins, S Shepard, C Godwin, Gallup, AJ Brown, S Sims, Reagor, Coutee, Patrick, Hansen
TE- Howard, Burton, Engram, Arnold
K- Butker, Succop

Also:
I commish the Ed Hughes Football League. Founded 1980. Limited Keeper/non-dynasty. Our 41th season!

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/44355

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Mon May 09, 2016 8:53 am

I don't get it? I swear, people just like to whine about trades they're not involved in or didn't think they could pull off and someone else makes it happen. I'm so glad, and seemingly extremely lucky, that in all of my leagues, I just don't have to deal with managers like that.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon May 09, 2016 9:17 am

BelichekYourSelf wrote:Dez + Ertz +3rds <= AB
Martin > Ingram
1.08 = 1.07 (same tier)

This trade is completely fair.. If they are trying to complain about the fairness they are wrong. I can understand complaints about not having the opportunity to trade with him since you were the only one that knows him. Did they all have his contact information? Because if not then they have a legitimate complaint. In that case you had an unfair advantage by being the only person who can contact the new owner.
x2 This comes down to Dez + Ertz for Brown. I prefer Brown as I don't think PHI and Ertz are going to be that good, but I could easily see the Dez side.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd