Trading 1.03 for 1.06 and what exactly???

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
bobandrews
Rookie
Rookie

Trading 1.03 for 1.06 and what exactly???

Postby bobandrews » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:06 am

The team holding the 1.06 and 1.09 has expressed interest in my 1.03 pick. My thought is that I'm not going to get a top flight player in addition to the 1.06 but to make the deal I'd need to receive a solid starter. I'm not totally comfortable in the 1.03 because Henry tempts me but that's probably reaching. I figure I can get one of the better receivers with 1.06 and it's possible Henry will fall to me there anyway. I realize that prior to the NFL draft this sort of thing can be rather vague. His team consists of:

Osweiler, Brock HOU Taylor, Tyrod BUF
Draughn, Shaun SFO Hyde, Carlos SFO Lewis, Dion NEP McCluster, Dexter TEN Ridley, Stevan NYJ Williams, Andre NYG
Austin, Tavon RAM Coleman, Brandon NOS Dorsett, Phillip IND Jeffery, Alshon CHI Landry, Jarvis MIA Parker, DeVante MIA Roberts, Seth OAK
Heuerman, Jeff DEN, JReed-Was (who I just dealt to him) Tye, Will NYG
Bailey, Dan DAL Gostkowski, Stephen NEP

He holds 1.06 1.09, 2.06 and 2.15 this year plus a first and three second rounders in 2017. I'm new to the league (and dynasty) but he and I have hit it off and he seems like a reasonable guy.

Thoughts, advice, criticism are all welcome and appreciated. I'm off to the Final Four semis so I'll read any responses later tonite. This gives you time to really come up with something smart! :D
Minnesota Fighting Saints 2020 League Champs
16 Team, 22 player in-season, 26 player off-season, .5 PPR, 4 Rd Rookie draft
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1K
QB- Mahomes, Bridgewater, Eason
RB- DCook, Aaron Jones, Duke Johnson, Hyde, Kelley, Cohen
WR- Watkins, S Shepard, C Godwin, Gallup, AJ Brown, S Sims, Reagor, Coutee, Patrick, Hansen
TE- Howard, Burton, Engram, Arnold
K- Butker, Succop

Also:
I commish the Ed Hughes Football League. Founded 1980. Limited Keeper/non-dynasty. Our 41th season!

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2020/home/44355

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trading 1.03 for 1.06 and what exactly???

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:24 am

To me i would start with his 1.06 and 1.09. Nets you an extra first. Henry could go in the top 5 and most likely will. That will leave Doctson, Coleman and Thomas at 1.06. Or Henry could fall there at 1.06 as well. Then at 1.09 you would be looking at Shepard/Carroo/Boyd/Fuller range.

To target players you could go after a few of them like D. Lewis or dorsett. Really depends on what your needs are. i would have no problem moving back from 1.3 to 1.6 as i have them in the same tier.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

Napoleon004
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Napoleon004 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:26 am

For now i would hold and wait to see the landing spots of the rookies. There is a good chance that 1 or 2 guys will find themselves in a "dream" landing spot and 1.3 will have an increased value. Right now it seems to be zeke at 1.1, treadwell at 1.2, and then ??? at 1.3. I bet after the draft the 1.3 will have a definite hyped guy who may make that pick for atttactive. Hold for now and see what happens imo.
8-)

HiImTroyMcclure
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby HiImTroyMcclure » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:45 pm

I doubt he'd get 6 and 9 for 3 alone. Maybe something like your 3 and 16 (or 2.3) for his 6 and 9, and then try to get him to chuck one of his 2s on top.

Cleats
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Cleats » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Hold for now, see what the draft brings. If the guy is still there at 3, or a new guy they like you may be able to get more.