trade bell?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

trade bell?

Postby BradysBunch » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:38 am

just thinking....bell coming off his knee injury, it is time to sell high?

Should I offer my bell/dwill for his 1.01/1.05/2017 1st?

too much? I could put diggs or langford in there..thoughts?

Or just stay put.

thanks
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

nokoryous
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: trade bell?

Postby nokoryous » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:57 am

On the topic of Bell's knee, I'd say I am not banking on regression. A lot of his great play comes from not his mere athleticism, but his mind. He is patient, waits for blocks, is decisive and sees the field. I think it will take a long athletic decline, or a Lacy-like visit to the Golden Corral to undo him as an RB1, and if you're in PPR he's still THE RB1 in my eyes. The only other guy in the conversation in dynasty is Gurley. Who tore out his knee the year before he became that.

For dynasty RB's it doesn't get more sure for me than Bell. My 2 cents.
12 team, .5pt PPR, 1-Round Devy League

1QB: Brady, Carr
2RB: Bell, Howard, Shady, D.Williams, Morris
3WR: Dez, Hopkins, Edelman, Moncrief, Lockett, Boyd, Sharpe, Humphries
1TE: Olson
1FLEX
1D/ST: Vikings
1K: Stephen Gostkowski
Devy: Fournette, Mike Williams, Guice, Kirk

LEAGUE CHAMP 2015, 2016

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:27 am

Just stay put. Bell is a stud
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:11 am

Seeing as this league is no PPR and you already have Gurley, I don't think it's a terrible idea to try and sell Leveon. But with one strong caveat ... ONLY if somebody will pay you top 10 prices. I understand he is a stud, but he's also missed 15 games (including the playoffs) in 3 years. 3 with foot issues his rookie year. And as much as we all like to remember his monster 2nd year, he did miss their playoff game with a knee injury, and would have missed more games if they had won. Then another 11 games this past season between suspension and more knee issues. That's very worrisome to me. Another season with multiple missed games due to injury and his value will drop significantly, and most likely for good. I don't hate the return you would be asking for, but I wouldn't do it for that. Rather just hold and take the chances he actually stays healthy. If I could get a startable RB added, I would strongly consider. And I would be more than happy to throw in Diggs in order to get that startable RB added.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:26 pm

BradysBunch wrote:just thinking....bell coming off his knee injury, it is time to sell high?

Should I offer my bell/dwill for his 1.01/1.05/2017 1st?
If you really wanted to sell I would do it if you could get this in return, maybe you can even get more, I would at least try.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

brokenbrick
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby brokenbrick » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:40 pm

nokoryous wrote:On the topic of Bell's knee, I'd say I am not banking on regression. A lot of his great play comes from not his mere athleticism, but his mind. He is patient, waits for blocks, is decisive and sees the field. I think it will take a long athletic decline, or a Lacy-like visit to the Golden Corral to undo him as an RB1, and if you're in PPR he's still THE RB1 in my eyes. The only other guy in the conversation in dynasty is Gurley. Who tore out his knee the year before he became that.

For dynasty RB's it doesn't get more sure for me than Bell. My 2 cents.
My thoughts on Bell exactly. Even if his running ability declines he still has great vision, is a great receiver, and is quality at pass pro. I would keep Bell and Gurley, that's a quality RB roster right there. Plus if Gordon gets better, which I think he will, your RB's are set for years to come.
Portland Trailblazers (10 team, PPR)
QB: Mahomes, Prescott
RB: DJ, RoJo, Taylor
WR: Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, JuJu, DK, AJ Brown, Jeudy
TE: Evan Engram, Irv Smith, Ian Thomas
IDP: CJ Mosley, Harrison Smith, Christian Kirksey, Jaylon Smith

Checker1183
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Checker1183 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:29 pm

I'd hold onto to Bell, but if u really want to deal, 3 1sts is a good return

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:35 pm

I'd be selling if I needed depth or wasn't competing.

He's still probably the overall RB1 in dynasty. But if he gets injured again, or under performs coming back from injury, his value is going deep into the tank.

ltgarygreen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ltgarygreen » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:22 am

I'd hold Bell. He'll be fine!

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:22 am

I would entertain offers. Two big knee injuries, and it's not like he's got a long resume of dominance like, say, Jamaal.

Also, he's a free agent in 2017, that's a stacked RB class, and Pittsburgh might not want to pay up. That's assuming he does come back healthy. Now's the time to maximize value.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ckrumm24
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ckrumm24 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 pm

So no one is afraid Bell will get less of a load this year? Look at the production of the other backs in his absence... I think I move him if I was offered something that equalled close to his value before the injury.
12 team IDP Salary Cap w/ contracts 40 man roster + 20 taxi spots | 4 year max contract w/ Franchise(1)/Transition(2)/RFA Tags). Mostly mirrors real NFL.

Full Roster:
https://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... =0008&O=07