Is this too much to move up to 1.3

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
markdanger
Rookie
Rookie

Is this too much to move up to 1.3

Postby markdanger » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Is giving 1.7 + 2.7 too much to move up to four spots to 1.3 in a 2016 rookie draft?

I currently have 1.7 in the 2016 draft. I was thinking of offering one of my second round picks and 1.7 to move up four spots to 1.3 to get my choice of Henry or Boyd depending on where they land, etc. I am assuming Treadwell and Elliot go 1 and 2.

I have 2.07 (19 overall) and 2.10 (22 overall). My current team is in the sig file thanks!
LA NFL Committee| 12-Team Dynasty PPR, 6pt passing TDs, balanced IDP scoring | Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex(W/R/T),K,2DL,2LB,2DB,Def Flex
QB: Philip Rivers, Ryan Tannehill (IR)
RB: Mark Ingram, Doug Martin,  Ty Montgomery, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Thompson, Jonathan Stewart, Charles Sims, Jacquizz Rodgers
WR: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Dez Bryant, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, Laquon Treadwell, Breshad Perriman, Mike Wallace, Leonte Carroo
TE: Tyler Eifert, Jason Witten
DE: Melvin Ingram, Carlos Dunlap, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechly, CJ Mosley, Jamie Collins, Sean Lee, Jordan Hicks, Vontaze Burfict
DB: Tyvon Branch, Sean Davis, Daniel Sorensen, Jabrill Peppers, Jordan Poyer

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Is this too much to move up to 1.3

Postby AlPal&Ange » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Its nothing, make the trade! a second rounder isn't worth settling for a shot in the dark. Move up, get your guy.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:07 pm

It is too little. 1.07=2.01,2.02 or some combination similar to that. Usually, being the one who is wanting to move up, you would need to give 1.07 plus next years 1st or 1.07 and a late 1st this year. This may not be the case in your league but is from what I have gathered over the years playing in competent leagues
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:11 pm

AlPal&Ange wrote:Its nothing, make the trade! a second rounder isn't worth settling for a shot in the dark. Move up, get your guy.
I dout this is being offered. More likely he is contemplating making this offer to the 1.03 owner. I would be shocked if it went
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:13 pm

1.07 and both of your 2nds is probably close. I could see the other owner asking for your '17 1st instead though.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:28 pm

rookie fever has set in. there are no guarantees with any of these players. no difference in 1,03 to 1.07 in my mind. I'd be selling them all for 2nd year players.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

markdanger
Rookie
Rookie

Postby markdanger » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Correct, I'm trying to gauge how much it would cost to move up in this years draft.

I don't want to give too much and would most likely rather make my picks.
LA NFL Committee| 12-Team Dynasty PPR, 6pt passing TDs, balanced IDP scoring | Start QB,2RB,2WR,TE,2Flex(W/R/T),K,2DL,2LB,2DB,Def Flex
RB: Mark Ingram, Doug Martin,  Ty Montgomery, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Thompson, Jonathan Stewart, Charles Sims, Jacquizz Rodgers
WR: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Dez Bryant, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, Laquon Treadwell, Breshad Perriman, Mike Wallace, Leonte Carroo
LB: Luke Kuechly, CJ Mosley, Jamie Collins, Sean Lee, Jordan Hicks, Vontaze Burfict

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 pm

jtsmalls wrote:rookie fever has set in. there are no guarantees with any of these players. no difference in 1,03 to 1.07 in my mind. I'd be selling them all for 2nd year players.
No guarantees with 2nd year players either....unless you're targeting a 2nd year player like Gurley/Cooper/Parker/DJ, and this isn't enough to get one of those guys.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:28 pm

markdanger wrote:Correct, I'm trying to gauge how much it would cost to move up in this years draft.

I don't want to give too much and would most likely rather make my picks.
Best thing to do is contact the 1.03 owner and let him talk first
DE- Phillips, Highsmith

markdanger
Rookie
Rookie

Postby markdanger » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:49 pm

alphaxray wrote:1.07 and both of your 2nds is probably close. I could see the other owner asking for your '17 1st instead though.
I sent over 1.7 +2.7 for 1.3

He countered with 1.7, 2.7 and one of my 2017 2nds

I'm considering it but also thinking about shopping around to see the price of a few players like Hyde, etc.

TitanTravis
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby TitanTravis » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:53 pm

It is probably not enough for 1.03. Don't get Henry at 3 though. Get Docston or Boyd in that spot if possible.
Travis May
DLF Staff Writer
@FF_TravisM

Devy | Rookies | Superflex | IDP |
Titans & Falcons Team Correspondent

Amoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Amoo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:59 pm

markdanger wrote:
alphaxray wrote:1.07 and both of your 2nds is probably close. I could see the other owner asking for your '17 1st instead though.

I'm considering it but also thinking about shopping around to see the price of a few players like Hyde, etc.
2.07 & 2.10 is an easy price to pay to move from tier 3 to tier 2 IMO.

DynastyDynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDynasty » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 am

markdanger wrote:

Um...if you want to move up, pull the trigger on this trade! 1.07 and 2.07 should have never gotten this deal done. As some have stated, you should have been prepared to move the 2.10 or a 17 1st with the 1.07 & 2.07 to get it done. He countered below both of those! I would accept his counter in a heartbeat!

The 2016 draft is still two and a half months away. Which means the 2017 draft is still 14 and a half months away. That 17 2nd rounder isn't worth anything right now. I'd hand that out like candy. Don't over-value picks, especially picks that far away. The difference between 1.03 and 1.07 this year, much like last year, is huge! Again, pull the trigger!
12 Team, PPR, TE Premium, IDP, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3Flex, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 1Flex
QB-Mahomes,Ryan,Roeth
RB-McCaffrey,Kamara,J.Wilson,Jam.Williams,Hines,S.Perine,Hubbard
WR-Hill,Ridley,Golladay,Thielen,Godwin,Boyd,Hardman,Campbell,Coutee,Patrick
TE-Kittle,Pitts,Dwelley,Butler,Reyes
DL-Hunter,Ogbah,Graham,Q.Williams,Paye
LB-Leonard,Wagner,David,Reddick,Morrow,D.Davis,Thompson,W.Gay,Mosley
DB-Curl,Ryan,Clark,Phillips
2021 Draft-1.03=K. Pitts,2.03=A.Thielen+,2.05=C.Hubbard,3.06=K.Paye,3.07,4.07,&5.03=D. Leonard
Championships-2018 & 2020

TheFFBandit
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TheFFBandit » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:06 am

I agree, I would pull the trigger on his counter offer. That 1.03 pick will most likely get more valuable as draft time nears and a player like Boyd or Doctson or Henry or Thomas gains some momentum to be included in a 1A tier. I don't think you are going to be able to buy that pick for any cheaper than what has been offered to you, and a couple later 2nd round picks shouldn't steer you away from being able to land a more valuable player.
The Ones Who Knock - 12tm 0.5ppr
QB: Famous Jameis, Jimmy Gatorpolos, Hoyer
RB: M. Gordon, Hyde , Richard, Smallwood, Cadet
WR: JMatt, ARob, Hopkins, D. Parker, Diggs, K. White, T. Williams
TE: Ertz,Brate, Pitta
TS: Kessler, Braunecker, Perkins, Gathers
2017: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

DFF Zealots Alliance
12tm 1/1/1.25 ppr 0.2 ppc SuperFlex
QB: Palmer, Mariota, Cutler, Boykin
RB: Hyde, Gore, Mathews, De. Washington, Smallwood, Ervin
WR: Hopkins, Alshon, Cobb, Crabtree, Pryor, Sharpe, Peake
TE: Kelce, Allen, Green, Witten
2017: 1, 3, 4, 4

The Rumble Pit - 12 tm PPR 0.5RB/1WR/1.25TE - 2016 Takeover
QB: Carr, Siemian, Lynch
RB: Zeke, Rawls, Hyde, Ajayi, Zenner
WR: Amari, M. Thomas, Boyd , Strong, C. Rogers, Watkins
TE: Ebron, Brate, James

2017: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:35 am

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2014/0 ... lue-chart/

1.3 = 1850 VALUE
1.7 + 2.7 + (say 17' 2.4) = 1522 VALUE

Based solely on DLF value you are getting a good deal to move up to the 1.3 slot. Good luck.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.