Julio , MT Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Re: Julio , MT Trade

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:19 am

dipANDglide wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:16 pm Yes, but I'm very low on Parker and not too high on Collins, so I don't see them as being anything more than throw-ins.
This is where I’m at.

It’s equal in my eyes. Julio should give you a little more upside but MT will hold his value and allow for some flexibility with trades.
I don't consider them throw ins though so maybe I hold onto them and what do you think about Julio and M.Williams for M.Thomas ?
(1) 12 Team, QB 1.5 PPRushingYard, TE 1.5 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, B.Mayfield, K.Murray
RB-A.Ekeler, S.Barkley, T.Pollard, D.Swift, Z.Moss, T.Chandler, J.Kelley
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson
RB-J.Mixon, A.Ekeler, I.Pacheco, A.Mattison, C.Akers, A.Gibson, I.Spiller
WR-T.Hill, M.Brown, C.Olave, DJ.Moore J.Jeudy, J.Hyatt
TE-D.Schultz, G.Everett, J.Ferguson

(3) 12 Team, .15 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 2 PPR
QB-L.Jackson, J.Dobbs, T.Lance
RB-J.Jacobs, S.Barkley, A.Mattison, M.Sanders, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR-C.Lamb, AJ.Brown, J.Jeudy, M.Pittman, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, G.Everett

(4) 14 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, TE 1.65 PPR
QB-J.Allen, G.Smith, J.Dobbs
RB-C.McCaffery, J.Mixon, J.Jacobs, Jav.Williams, C.Hubbard, S.Perine, C.Evans
WR-C.Godwin, J.Addison, C.Samuel, D.Parker
TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Teams 5-8 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36583
Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

Mrowmix
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mrowmix » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:03 am

Hahaclintondix wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 pm Gotta respect the “should I offer this?” question and immediately argue every point made telling you it’s probably not enough. Unless the MT owner is a contender with depth/youth issues at RB and WR (highly unlikely if they’re contending) this is getting rejected.

An early first valuation on Parker is absolutely ludicrous. So are your projections for both. If you can swindle the Thomas owner into this trade then great. You nailed it. Expect to be shot down.
Dude, his name is AresGodofWar.. Of course he's going to contest everything people say!

The trade might work if your trade partner values those players. I personally don't value them other than upside dice rolls at this point. They are players that could easily have their value go into decline after the draft. At the same time, Collins' value could go up if they don't draft a guy. Now is the time to make the offer, though, before they potentially lose value from their teams drafting a new guy.

Also, from my perspective, you have some unrealistic expectations of players lol. CJA is going to be a starter where he lands? I don't know about that. This is a deep RB class coming in. He's probably a timeshare guy for wherever he lands. Also, your projections for Collins and Parker are just about at the absolute maximum ceiling. If that's what your project for them, why trade them now? Wait until they perform like that and then trade them, or keep them.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:09 am

If you think Parker and Collins would get those projections why would you even make them???? Id take MT here but I'm also not a fan of Parker, still hasn't shown it. And Collins shares a backfield with 33 other RBs. So really Julio + some depth for MT. Id take MT but if your trade partner also thinks Collins tops 1500 all purpose yards I guess he would accept.
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:37 am

I'm with Goddard and the others - Parker and Collins don't really do it for me.

I had to go and check the DLF rankings about Parker, and was shocked to see him in the 1.07 range in ADP (behind only Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Michel, Sutton and Penny, but just ahead of Moore, RoJo and Ridley) so Parker is more the 1.07-1.10 range. Collins maybe a late first, but going behind Tarik Cohen at this stage. Either way, too high for me - so I'd rather have the first.

I think the offer is fair though, and I'd rather have MT, so IMHO would be a good trade for you if you can get it to go ahead.
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:55 am

pierson242 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:09 am If you think Parker and Collins would get those projections why would you even make them???? Id take MT here but I'm also not a fan of Parker, still hasn't shown it. And Collins shares a backfield with 33 other RBs. So really Julio + some depth for MT. Id take MT but if your trade partner also thinks Collins tops 1500 all purpose yards I guess he would accept.
I'm not going to offer that much for MT with Brees getting old he probably has about as many elite years as Julio anyway tbh..

Like I said before there is no reason to think Collins can't do it he was a top 10 RB 2nd half of 2017 in the NFL when he became a starter unlike Barkley that never played real competition before the only decent D's he played held him to like 1 ypc lmao and that people with unrealistic expectations are trading guys like OBJ or Hopkins for , Thats what I really find the biggest joke in FF right now lol

You gotta realize every NFL team has 3 or 4 RBs on their roster it doesn't mean they all share the backfield of course it is Collins job to lose , Buck is a JAG and Dixon is a 3rd down back at most.

Everyone has their own opinion couple years ago every single person on here was selling guys like K.Allen for a 2nd things change people breakout or get healthy no reason the same thing can't happen to Parker he has the skills to be a #1 , Guys like Watkins or White were sure fire studs coming out of college but now they are a bum because they been hurt , 4 years ago L.Fitz was all done but went on to put up over 100 catches 3 straight years.. My point is no one can predict the future at the end of the day take advice but you just gotta go with your own gut and not listen to the masses
WR-D.Samuel, M.Pittman, M.Brown, J.Jeudy, J.Addison, R.Moore, S.Moore, KJ.Osborn, J.Tolbert
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:58 am

Pet_Smith wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:37 am I'm with Goddard and the others - Parker and Collins don't really do it for me.

I had to go and check the DLF rankings about Parker, and was shocked to see him in the 1.07 range in ADP (behind only Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Michel, Sutton and Penny, but just ahead of Moore, RoJo and Ridley) so Parker is more the 1.07-1.10 range. Collins maybe a late first, but going behind Tarik Cohen at this stage. Either way, too high for me - so I'd rather have the first.

I think the offer is fair though, and I'd rather have MT, so IMHO would be a good trade for you if you can get it to go ahead.
ESPN Has Parker at 1.02 I think I mean there are a lot of different rankings but must have him early to mid 1st.. idk maybe it's just me but I would rather take a chance on a 23 year old that holds the starting RB job and played really good in the NFL over some random late 1st rookie
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 am

http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... &ARCHIVE=1

14 team SF IDP league with some dlfers, draft complete a few weeks ago. Collins and Parker went right around ~1.12 rookie pick.

Collins - 127
1.12 - 129
Parker - 133

not comprehensive for sure, but a nice datapoint of what ADP could look like in a real draft.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:29 am

Ravenous wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 am http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... &ARCHIVE=1

14 team SF IDP league with some dlfers, draft complete a few weeks ago. Collins and Parker went right around ~1.12 rookie pick.

Collins - 127
1.12 - 129
Parker - 133

not comprehensive for sure, but a nice datapoint of what ADP could look like in a real draft.
What rookie QBs or rookie D players went ahead of them , cant see the draft its locked
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:12 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:58 am
Pet_Smith wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:37 am I'm with Goddard and the others - Parker and Collins don't really do it for me.

ESPN Has Parker at 1.02 I think I mean there are a lot of different rankings but must have him early to mid 1st.. idk maybe it's just me but I would rather take a chance on a 23 year old that holds the starting RB job and played really good in the NFL over some random late 1st rookie
for redraft probably, not dynasty
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:24 am

pierson242 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:12 am
AresGodOWar wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:58 am

for redraft probably, not dynasty
Sorry 1.03

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/st ... nkings-nfl
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:49 am

Regardless of which site has which player ranked where, if you truly believe those guys approach your projections there's no way you add them to Julio to get MT. Wanting to get younger is one thing, but this is a massive overpay based on your own projections.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

AresGodOWar
Legend
Legend

Postby AresGodOWar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:21 am

JJRules wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:49 am Regardless of which site has which player ranked where, if you truly believe those guys approach your projections there's no way you add them to Julio to get MT. Wanting to get younger is one thing, but this is a massive overpay based on your own projections.
TBH I wanted someone to talk me out of it because I thought it was so much of a overpay but was almost willing to do it because my RB depth , But by you guys talking Parker and Collins down like they were throw ins or something crazy like that it made me defend them and talk myself out of it so at the end of the day it worked out anyway lol
TE-M.Andrews, D.Waller

(2) 12 Team, 1 PPR
QB-J.Hurts, R.Wilson

TE-D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:11 am

AresGodOWar wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:29 am
Ravenous wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:21 am http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... &ARCHIVE=1

Collins - 127
1.12 - 129
Parker - 133

What rookie QBs or rookie D players went ahead of them , cant see the draft its locked
no 2018 rookies were taken at all during the draft, they weren't available to pick. but picks 1-11 obviously went well before these picks. and i assume at least several of them will be QBs. I doubt any IDPs go in the top 14 of the rookie draft.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

McCloskey22
Captain
Captain

Postby McCloskey22 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:18 am

Anyone who would pay 1.03 for Parker is not right in the head.

I wouldn't trade MT for those pieces
12 team league - 1/2 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

QB - Dak Prescott , Alex Smith, Sam Darnold
RB - Ezekiel Elliott , Carlos Hyde , James White, TY Montgomery, Ronald Jones
WR - Mike Evans , Davante Adams , Dez Bryant, Robby Anderson, Zay Jones, Courtland Sutton
TE - Hunter Henry, Tyler Eifert, Rico Gathers, RSJ