Melvin Gordon or Corey Davis

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Davis or Gordon?

Melvin Gordon
58%
Corey Davis
42%

Total votes: 55

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Melvin Gordon or Corey Davis

Postby darewood11 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:54 am

treble83 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:27 am As a Tennessee fan it pains me to say this, but...

If you want inefficciency, look no further than Corey Davis! He also shares the concern of target shares that you expressed for MG...
Corey Davis inefficiency?? Have you watched him play? The games he has been fully healthy he has made some very impressive catches. He look3d outstanding in the playoff game. Nagging lityle injuries have been his downfall and the play of his qb. Hopefully both of those improve for next season and I think you'll see the real Corey Davis. That said I would still try to get a 2nd or late 1st added like I stated earlier

hooded
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby hooded » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:19 am

I prefer Davis even though he's more of a gamble.
10 team ppr - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex
QB - Smith, Rivers, Bridgewater
RB - Gurley, Mixon, Montgomery, McKinnon, Prosise, Burkhead
WR - Hopkins, AJG, Cooks, Dez, C Davis, C Coleman, J Gordon, Godwin, K White
TE - Engram, Eifert, Hooper, J Smith

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 am

treble83 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:27 am As a Tennessee fan it pains me to say this, but...

If you want inefficciency, look no further than Corey Davis! He also shares the concern of target shares that you expressed for MG...
except Melvin Gordon's inefficiency has lasted for 3 seasons, while Davis has 1 inefficient season.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 am

darewood11 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:54 am

Corey Davis inefficiency?? Have you watched him play? The games he has been fully healthy he has made some very impressive catches. He look3d outstanding in the playoff game. Nagging lityle injuries have been his downfall and the play of his qb. Hopefully both of those improve for next season and I think you'll see the real Corey Davis. That said I would still try to get a 2nd or late 1st added like I stated earlier
it's tough cuz the Davis owner has no second and likely won't give his first.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:46 am

What is your 1st and what is his...maybe swap 1sts if his is a few spots higher

jcc1964
Rookie
Rookie

Postby jcc1964 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:31 am

I voted for Davis before I really took a look at your team. If you get rid of Gordon all you really have left at RB would be Henry and he isn't going to get the receptions that Gordon can get for you. Unless you have a top 2 first round pick to go and get another RB I would keep Gordon.
12 Team - 1 pt. PPR, 23 Player Roster, (10 Starters) 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLX (RB, WR, TE), 1 K, 1 DEF

Masters of the Gridiron (Est. June 4th 2016) 2022 Regular Season Record: 21-7, 2nd Place (Playoffs 0-2, Lost 3rd Place Consolation Game)
QB: Jalen Hurts, Trey Lance, Matthew Stafford, Desmond Ridder, Gardner Minshew, Tom Brady
RB: Rhamondre Stevenson, Joe Mixon, Damien Harris, Devin Singletary, Jeffery Wilson, Kareem Hunt, Pierre Strong
WR: Ceedee Lamb, Stefon Diggs, Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin, Jahan Dotson, Diontae Johnson, Donovan Peoples-Jones, K J Hamler
TE: Mark Andrews, Travis Kelce, Dallas Goedert, Chigoziem Okonkwo
K: Evan McPherson
D/ST: Kansas City Chiefs

Draft Picks
2023: 3.4, 3.5

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 am

Seventy5 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:29 am I think Gordon's 'inefficiency' has more to do with the o-line than him most of the time, so in that regard Gordon usually gets knocked by the stat-box scouters a little too harshly.

As an owner of both it would be Gordon very easily for me right now but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Davis' value shot up over the next 12 months. He (and the other two rookie WRs) were very out of sight out of mind this year, and that is making all of them good buy-lows this off-season.
I agree that some of it is one the line, as they've ranked in the bottom 1/3 of adj. line yards in each of his 3 years there; talented RB's in similar situations have overcome that, though. It's still an indictment of Gordon that he's started his career with 3 straight sub-4.0 ypc seasons. I'm not sure if there's many other RB's in league history (without looking) that had sustained success with starts like that.

He's good in their pass game, but I think once his rookie contract is up, they'll move on and find a cheaper option. I also don't think you'll be able to buy Davis with just Gordon this time next year.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 am

Ghosted wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 am
Seventy5 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:29 am I think Gordon's 'inefficiency' has more to do with the o-line than him most of the time, so in that regard Gordon usually gets knocked by the stat-box scouters a little too harshly.

As an owner of both it would be Gordon very easily for me right now but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Davis' value shot up over the next 12 months. He (and the other two rookie WRs) were very out of sight out of mind this year, and that is making all of them good buy-lows this off-season.
I agree that some of it is one the line, as they've ranked in the bottom 1/3 of adj. line yards in each of his 3 years there; talented RB's in similar situations have overcome that, though. It's still an indictment of Gordon that he's started his career with 3 straight sub-4.0 ypc seasons. I'm not sure if there's many other RB's in league history (without looking) that had sustained success with starts like that.

He's good in their pass game, but I think once his rookie contract is up, they'll move on and find a cheaper option. I also don't think you'll be able to buy Davis with just Gordon this time next year.
I’m not sure Gordon moving on to another team hurts his value. May not get the volume but almost certainly will get an OL upgrade.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:57 am

HughHoney wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 am
Ghosted wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 am

I’m not sure Gordon moving on to another team hurts his value. May not get the volume but almost certainly will get an OL upgrade.
But are we sure that he's talented enough to maintain his value if he loses substantial volume? I don't.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Gordon for me, and I like Davis.

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:11 am

With your RB core, you need Gordon more than Davis. With his production the last two years, regardless of his efficiency, Gordon should fetch more than a WR who looks like he may break out. Davis is still all potential right now.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 am

I would take Davis here, and I'd be selling Gordon if I owned him anywhere. Gordon had a great season, but a lot changed when LAC started using Austin Ekeler more on passing down plays. Starting with the JAX game, Gordon averaged 13 PPR fantasy PPG for the five games where Ekeler was healthy and seeing more usage in the passing game. The last three games of the season after Ekeler was hurt early in the game @ KC, Gordon averaged 23 PPR fantasy PPG as the workhorse. I'd be very worried about Gordon's usage with a healthy Ekeler splitting touches in 2018. He still has RB1 potential, but I think Gordon's ceiling will be lower than it was this past season.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:55 am

I prefer and voted for Davis. But I think Gordon has more value right now, so I would look for something on top. Early 2nd, or a swap of 1sts to get an earlier pick.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst