Juju V DT

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Juju V DT

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Got offered the swap straight up. Personally I prefer Juju by a wide margin, value him VERY highly to say the least. And am curious to see what people view the value difference between the two is as I'm struggling on that front.

mike40
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Juju V DT

Postby mike40 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:12 pm

If you are getting juju you should have already taken it. I need to find a way to get him on more of my teams!!
12 team ppr contract league. 25 man roster with 7 player taxi squad. 85 year contract limit
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF

QB- Wilson (1) Tanehill (1) Jimmy G (3)
RB - Gibson (6) Mixon (2) Ekeler (1) J White (1)
WR -Tyreek(1), Ridley (3), K Allen (4), Fuller (2), Lazard (3)
TE - Ertz (4) Goedert(4), Irv Smith Jr(6)

PS - Jordan Love, Gabe Davis, Darnell Mooney

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Juju because of the huge gap in age.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:21 pm

I'm very sensitive to ageism in the dynasty community, to the point where I sometimes have bad takes simply because I'll become a Devil's advocate for the side of the veteran.

However, all that being side, I would need DT plus an early 2nd or late First to sell JuJu. Even if I was a contender, I don't think JuJu will be much less (if at all) productive than DT in 2018.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Sorry for reference I’ve got juju and am trying to work on what else to ask for back. Roughly what kind of value?

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:22 pm Sorry for reference I’ve got juju and am trying to work on what else to ask for back. Roughly what kind of value?
DT plus a late First
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 pm

I still prefer DT to Juju but if you think it's the other way, the gap is small.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:37 pm

I would start by asking for DT and a mid 1st. I personally don't think the gap is that big, but the perceived values of both players might be able to get you that.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:56 pm Got offered the swap straight up. Personally I prefer Juju by a wide margin, value him VERY highly to say the least. And am curious to see what people view the value difference between the two is as I'm struggling on that front.
If you value him very highly then you should do what your gut tells you. Doesnt matter what the dynasty community tells you where the value is unless you're looking for ways to minimize risk - and in this case you can do that by putting a higher value on the difference between Juju and DT due to age and QB situation. Would be a different story if it was a slightly younger WR or a WR in a better QB situation - like an Alshon Jeffery or a TY Hilton.

Out of curiousity where did you buy Juju at - ie draft at?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:55 pm

Just to clarify - we all know Demaryius Thomas is at the age where he is going to lose value every year - unless he some how does a Jordy Nelson 2016 (ie top 5) and even then he'll maintain value at best. Juju could do like Keenan Allen/ARob, and have 2 injury prone or rough years, or he could have a sophmore slump like Davante Adams, but as long as he returns in Year 3/4 to put up a low end WR1 or high end WR2 performance his value will pretty much return to where it was today. And he'll still be under 26.

So from a value perspective - Juju is the safer bet - the only argument DT has is his history of production, and at his age and due to QB situation history deems it unlikely that will continue.

Selling Juju for anything less than what you feel in your gut is the right price is the quickest way to regret a trade down the road imho.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Would ask for DT + mid first. Wouldn’t take less than a late first.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 am

skip wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 pm I still prefer DT to Juju but if you think it's the other way, the gap is small.
I love a lot of your takes on the board skip, but I can't agree with you on this one.

While DT has been a stud for several seasons, what we saw from JuJu's rookie year portends great things in his future from my perspective. He's the youngest player in the NFL, and we're talking about a dynasty asset. Adding that DT has a completely unsettled QB situation and advanced age and I just don't see how you can say DT >/= JuJu at this point in time.

Haley is gone, and Ben now says he wants to play for another three seasons, so if that comes to pass then JuJu has some stability. What can we expect from Denver's QB situation in 2018? Dak Prescott killed Dez Bryant, and he was generally considered an aging but safe WR asset. Not so much now, as he's worthless in trade. Denver's QB struggles could be DT's demise in a similar fashion.

Give me the rookie WR who posted 58/917/7 and is 10-years younger than the vet who posted 83/949/5 any day of the week. Agree to disagree, but I don't think it's close. I'd expect a mid-1st to be added to DT for me to consider a swap, and even then I might not do it with the somewhat uninspiring WR's that are available in this year's class. This isn't a year to think you're adding a bonafide stud at WR, but there are several options that will probably settle in as low-end WR1/solid WR2's, or bust.

I don't see any transcendent rookie talents at the position, and with the influx of young WR's already in the league many incoming rookies are going to have to bide their time behind journeymen anyway. Roll with JuJu for better current, and future production.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jak
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jak » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:33 am

I'd keep JuJu and offer the guy a 2nd for DT. Why not have your cake and eat it too.
Cobra Kai
QB - P Rivers, M Mariota, R Tannehill
RB - L Bell, M Gordon, K Drake, R Burkhead, I Smith, G Edwards
WR - D Hopkins, B Cooks, C Godwin, R Anderson, A Miller, M Valdes-Scantling, J Gordon, D Pettis, P Williams
TE - G Kittle, H Henry, W Dissly

Barfly
QB - A Rodgers, J Winston, M Mariota
RB - L Bell, J Mixon, D Henderson, C Hyde, L Murray, J Jackson
WR - D Hopkins; AJ Green, S Diggs, C Godwin, D Pettis, L Fitzgerald, J Gordon, C Conley, P Williams
TE - A Hooper, H Henry, T Burton, M Andrews

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:56 pm Got offered the swap straight up. Personally I prefer Juju by a wide margin, value him VERY highly to say the least. And am curious to see what people view the value difference between the two is as I'm struggling on that front.
If you value him very highly then you should do what your gut tells you. Doesnt matter what the dynasty community tells you where the value is unless you're looking for ways to minimize risk - and in this case you can do that by putting a higher value on the difference between Juju and DT due to age and QB situation. Would be a different story if it was a slightly younger WR or a WR in a better QB situation - like an Alshon Jeffery or a TY Hilton.

Out of curiousity where did you buy Juju at - ie draft at?
Drafted him at 2.10 in a 12 team league 😁.
Overpaid for that pick though gave up a preseason mark Ingram, but ended up getting some stuff back with it. This was when Ingram’s value tanked from AP+kamara and I had a lot of faith in juju at the time

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:53 pm

skip wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:34 pm I still prefer DT to Juju but if you think it's the other way, the gap is small.
x2