Sammy Watkins value in picks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

4%
1.02 - 1.05
43%
1.06 - 1.10
34%
Not worth a 1st
19%

Total votes: 47

PennyLenny
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PennyLenny » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Where do you guys value Sammy Watkins as far as draft picks are concerned

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sammy Watkins value in picks

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 pm

There is no WAY anyone would pay the 1.01 for him, and I understand that. I wouldn't either.

But... I wouldn't sell him for the 1.02 unless another piece was added to that side.

In my opinion: 1.01 > Sammy > 1.02
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

RedBengal
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RedBengal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:44 pm

I don't know how he can be worth a top-five pick. Every year you're saying "just wait till next year." And even if he does finally get to a good situation, he'll probably get hurt. Enough. I just sold him this week in a package for Evans.
Just watch it :lol: :lol: :lol: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZSvCwvMVII[/youtube]

12 team, Superflex, PPR, TE premium (1.5)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SFlex, Flex

QB Burrow, Dak, Carr, Jimmy G, Winston, Dalton, Zappe, Rush, O'Connell, Heinicke

RB Bijan, Etienne, Pacheco, Rhamondre, K. Herbert, Jamaal Williams, Dillon, Jeff Wilson, Gus Edwards, Chase Edmonds, Chuba, K. Ingram, Pierre Strong, Kevin Harris, Haskins, Brittain Brown, Chase Brown

WR Chase, AJ Brown, Kupp, Keenan, Sutton, Cooks, Boyd, Michael Wilson, Iosivas, Tre Tucker,

TE Kelce, Pitts, Dulcich, McBride, Cole Turner, Strange, Mallory, E Higgins

Draft picks:
'24- 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6
'25- 1, 1, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:23 pm

He's probably worth around the 1.05, but I wouldn't be able to pay that for him.

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:18 pm

He isn’t worth a first IMO. He was always nicked up in Buffalo and everyone said he didn’t have a QB. Then he goes to the Rams and he is getting outplayed by a rookie in Kupp and a journeyman in Woods. But the people that own him want an arm and a leg for him. He is that guy on your team that you have to play but he only gets you 5 points. But when you sit him it’s the one game he catches a 50 yard bomb and makes you look stupid. In a 12 team league he is worth pick 2.1

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm

I wasn't going to respond to these posts but the insanity is too much.

To anyone thinking he's worth a late First, or a SECOND?? I seriously question whether you've actually completed a rookie draft before 2017.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Sammy Watkins is tied for 8th place in WR TDs this year and has played in more games in his first 4 seasons (with 4 more games to go to reach a full 4 seasons) than Julio Jones did in his first 4 seasons.

I apologize if these facts get in the way of your false narrative of Watkins not being worth a 1st though. :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 pm

ArrylT wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:36 pm Sammy Watkins is tied for 8th place in WR TDs this year and has played in more games in his first 4 seasons (with 4 more games to go to reach a full 4 seasons) than Julio Jones did in his first 4 seasons.

I apologize if these facts get in the way of your false narrative of Watkins not being worth a 1st though. :lol:
Since we are talking about stats he has played 13 games and has 35 catches for 550 yards. That’s an average of 3 catches and 50 yards per game. Good luck with that. I would love for anyone out there to tell me you are in the final 4 of your league and Sammy was a big part of it.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 pm

I bought him for Martavis and a 1st in mid-2015, right after Martavis came off his original 4-game suspension and right before Sammy went on a tear for the second half of the year. So I feel like I’ve seen the best and the worst that he brings to the table at this point.

I don’t value him as highly as lukky, but he does have elite talent. I’m just getting a little tired of waiting for him to put up WR1 numbers for a full season. I would trade him for the 1.02 without hesitation. Maybe the 1.03 as well. Beyond that, I’d probably want a small piece back on top or at least wait until after the NFL draft to see just how valuable those mid 1sts actually are.

I can certainly understand why a lot of people find it laughable that his owners still want a decent return for him, but that’s mainly because most of his owners probably have a lot invested in him. He’s only 24 years old and has flashed enough for me to prefer him over a mid 1st at this point, but I’ll admit that my patience is starting to wear thin.

Thankfully, with the emergence of Funchess this year, I haven’t actually had to rely on him as an every-week starter since early in the season. If I did, I might be a little more willing to sell for a proven commodity.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:51 pm

M-Dub wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:46 pm I bought him for Martavis and a 1st in mid-2015, right after Martavis came off his original 4-game suspension and right before Sammy went on a tear for the second half of the year. So I feel like I’ve seen the best and the worst that he brings to the table at this point.

I don’t value him as highly as lukky, but he does have elite talent. I’m just getting a little tired of waiting for him to put up WR1 numbers for a full season. I would trade him for the 1.02 without hesitation. Maybe the 1.03 as well. Beyond that, I’d probably want a small piece back on top or at least wait until after the NFL draft to see just how valuable those mid 1sts actually are.

I can certainly understand why a lot of people find it laughable that his owners still want a decent return for him, but that’s mainly because most of his owners probably have a lot invested in him. He’s only 24 years old and has flashed enough for me to prefer him over a mid 1st at this point, but I’ll admit that my patience is starting to wear thin.

Thankfully, with the emergence of Funchess this year, I haven’t actually had to rely on him as an every-week starter since early in the season. If I did, I might be a little more willing to sell for a proven commodity.
Very well stated and I agree with most of this. The fact he is only 24 also is a good point. Saying I would only give up 2.1 may not be very popular but that’s how I feel

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Saying he's being "outplayed" by Kupp and Woods is the false narrative here. This has been discussed in other threads but Watkins isn't the problem, it's Goff not getting him the football due to inaccuracy issues with deeper passes. Unfortunately he'll continue to be criminally underutilized until he either goes somewhere with a better QB or Goff works much harder on that part of his game in the off season.

My valuation is right with lukky between the 1.01 and 1.02.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 pm

ESKAY wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 pm
ArrylT wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:36 pm Sammy Watkins is tied for 8th place in WR TDs this year and has played in more games in his first 4 seasons (with 4 more games to go to reach a full 4 seasons) than Julio Jones did in his first 4 seasons.

Since we are talking about stats he has played 13 games and has 35 catches for 550 yards. That’s an average of 3 catches and 50 yards per game. Good luck with that. I would love for anyone out there to tell me you are in the final 4 of your league and Sammy was a big part of it.
You forgot to mention his lack of targets, and 7 TDs.

Sammy Watkins has had more WR1/2/3 performances in the past 6 weeks than Mike Evans, I guess that means Mike Evans isnt worth a 1st either. :ewink:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Up until week 1 of last year, he was on the same trajectory as Mike Evans.

Last year (2017) sucked. No question.

This year, we are seeing something that is totally unsustainable long term, and frankly I can't think of another example in recent history: he is on a GOOD offense, a team that is putting up good passing yards, yet he isn't getting WR1 treatment from his QB. He IS getting WR1 treatment from opposing defenses. The team is successful because of great play calling and the plethora of weapons, so they don't NEED to feed their best WR. That almost never happens.

The part that's so weird is that while their offense is good, Goff isn't yet great at deep balls and moving through his progressions, so he takes the safe play almost every time. Thus, Sammy isn't getting much opportunity. But he has been a baller whenever he's gotten it.

This won't last for long. Talent produces stats in this league.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Hahaclintondix
Starter
Starter

Postby Hahaclintondix » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 pm

He is one of those guys that will have a gap between buyers and sellers. Buyers will want to pay a mid (1.05-1.08ish) price, but sellers will want at least 1.02-1.03. Unless you can find a seller who has given up on him, expect to pay more than he's probably worth right now. He obviously has top 10 potential, but there are plenty of other guys I would rather buy with those early firsts.

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:20 am

Hahaclintondix wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 pm He is one of those guys that will have a gap between buyers and sellers. Buyers will want to pay a mid (1.05-1.08ish) price, but sellers will want at least 1.02-1.03. Unless you can find a seller who has given up on him, expect to pay more than he's probably worth right now. He obviously has top 10 potential, but there are plenty of other guys I would rather buy with those early firsts.
Exactly! This sums up Sammy Watkins perfectly imo... :clap:
New Mexico Maulers 2019 Champion
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB: Mahomes, Dak, D. Jones, R. Wilson, Stidham
RB: JT, CMC, Breece, R. White, Izz A, L. Murray, McKinnon, LF, Ahmed, Moss
WR: AJB, Sutton, Jeudy, Addison, London, Godwin, Hardman,
TE: Andrews, Friermuth, Ferguson, , Tremble

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

Rocky Mountain Ramblers 2022 Champion
12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
QB: Lamar, TLaw, Dak, Darnold, M. White
RB: CMC, JT, Breece, LF, L. Murray, Ahmed, Mcglauglin, Moss, Mitchell
WR: AJB, Lamb, G. Wilson, DJM, Hopkins, Jeudy, Burks, Kirk,
TE: Pitts, Freiermuth, Dulcich, Jonnu, Johnson
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5