DLF Premium League - Pick 1.01 and 1.13

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Who should I take at 1.01 in DLF PL?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Corey Davis
62%
Leo Fournette
23%
Joe Mixon
15%
Christian McCaffery
No votes

Total votes: 13

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

DLF Premium League - Pick 1.01 and 1.13

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun May 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Some of you may already be familiar with the DLF PL, but it was founded in 2015 and consists of 16 DLFers. Full PPR starting QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex.

I have picks 1.01 and 1.13 in the upcoming rookie draft. I have tried to trade out of 1.01, but without luck. While I may get some offers when I'm OTC... I'm now preparing for the eventuality of drafting a guy at 1.01. My team is still in build mode, after two difficult seasons. My needs are WR, RB, TE, RB, backup QB... in that order.

Team link: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0001

Who should I draft at 1.01?

Corey Davis - Supposedly the best WR in this class. Drafted #5 by the Tennessee Titans. Should produce right away and for years to come with Mariotta. Since DLF PL is a full PPR, this is the logical choice. My squad could use a solid WR, and Davis would arguably be my #1 ahead of Martavis Bryant, Tyler Lockett and Tavon Austin/Rishard Matthews.

Leo Fournette - Total beast of an RB. Strong, fast, and can possibly catch a few passes as well. Landed in a good spot where he should get used early and often. My RB corps is thin as a whistle, and 4Nette would shore things up nicely. But perhaps I can wait a year and take a good prospect in 2018? If this wasn't full PPR, I'd probably lean 4Nette...

Joe Mixon - Dude has really impressed me on tape. Strong and fast, and has that "it" factor. His catches and YAC are just amazing for a guy who is as big and strong. I think he is the next Leveon Bell. For a full PPR league, if he pans out, he will be pure gold. Also, he may be in a time-share in 2017, so he won't likely produce a ton in the first year. That's okay, since I'm building toward contention in 2018 and 2019.

Chris McCaffery - I drafted him at 1.03 in my other dynasty league. I like him, but won't touch him here just because I already have a share. He is the most uncertain of the top 4 for me. His landing spot isn't great. Especially since the Panthers also drafted another slot guy in Curtis Samuel. Just not sure whether Cam Newton will use/find/hit a guy with McCaffery's skill set.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: DLF Premium League - Pick 1.01 and 1.13

Postby Goddard » Sun May 28, 2017 8:56 pm

I'm probably going to be alone, but Mixon is my 1.01 this year. I just think he's the most talented offensive player in this draft.

Lime
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Lime » Sun May 28, 2017 9:23 pm

I think you have to go Corey Davis here. He's significantly better than any other receiver in this draft, he has good draft pedigree and will be an instant #1 on his team for a long time to come. It's a safe pick with a really good chance at a high upside. You don't need to take chances with your first round pick, especially the 1.01. Take Davis, fix your WR core and draft a RB at 1.13. The RB class is deep this year, WR is not at all.

RASH
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RASH » Sun May 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Based off your roster & starting requirements... You almost have to go rb (as I am not 100% certain right now that you have two rbs guarenteed to start wkly)

1.01 - As such I would go Founette. As he has the most guaranteed path to playing time & gives you at least one starting rb. (50/50 on Perkins/Rawls) & probably the most trade value if you wanted to go that direction. Second choice would be Mixon... possibly more value long term but I think Hill/Geo will bite into his production early/this year. Third would be Davis... Like long term but don't love him short term. Think he will be good not great (wr3-ish) year one as I still think Tennessee will be a run first team. Might be viable longer but lower ceiling imo.

1.13 - I would take one of kamara/perine/hunt if available at this spot . I just think it is WAY harder to find rb talent than te talent in a 16 team league of your configuration. This draft you can get decent te fliers much later on.

Just my two cents good luck!
#1) 12Team (PPR Dynasty) :wall:
(26ROSTER: QB/2RB/2WR/FLX/TE/DF/PK)
QB: L Jackson, J Burrow
RB: C McCaffrey, S Barkley, D Cook, C Akers, JK Dobbins, G Edwards, A Mattison, M Boone, G Bernard
WR: M Evans, A Cooper, DJ Chark, W Fuller, C Lamb, D Mims, G Davis, D Ppl-Jones, C Johnson
TE: L Thomas, I Smith Jr, H Hurst, T Conklin, D Njoku
Def: Vikings
PK: J Tucker
('2019/2020' Champion)

#2) 12Team (PPR Dynasty) :think:
(28ROSTER: QB/2RB/3WR/FLX/TE/DF/PK)
QB: J Allen, D Carr, S Donald, J Love, M Mariota
RB: S Barkley, D Cook, CEH, JK Dobbins, C Akers, S Ahmed, L Bell, K Ballage, D Ozigbo, M Boone
WR: M Evans, JuJu SS, AJ Brown, D Johnson, D Mims, G Davis, M Pittman, J Meyers, B Edwards, C Johnson
TE: E Engram, I Smith Jr, D Njoku
Def: Vikings, 49ers
PK: J Tucker
('2017/2018/2019' Champion)

~I'M THE CRAZY ONE AND I'M SUPER COOL. MY SMASH HITS WILL LEAVE'EM COLD!~

vixen
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby vixen » Sun May 28, 2017 9:39 pm

while i agree that RBs are difficult to get in a 16 team league, this season might be different
other than martavis, his WRs are not great either
if it was me, i would take davis with the #1
with the 13, i would take one of foreman, mack, williams x 2 if they are there...
next year, you can use your first on one of the top RBs
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
Watson, Brady, Mills
Ekeler, Hunt, Carson/Penny, DForeman, Mitchell, CPat, Kyren, Ford, KHarris
Cooper, sutton, Chase, Shepard, Atwell, Schwartz, Wan'Dale, Austin III
Gesicki, Engram, Hooper, Woods
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Stafford
DH JT, Ekeler, Kylin Hill, Herbert, KHarris, Chandler
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Callaway, DPJ, Robby Anderson, Schwartz, Pierce, Wan'Dale, Doubs
Kelce, Andrews, Jacob Harris

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:16 pm

PPR swings my choice to Davis. I have him and Fournette more or less even but the PPR factor comes into play here, especially considering you need a WR as well!

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:22 am

I'd probably go Fournette or Mixon, whichever RB that you like the best.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O