Which 16 keepers?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Which 16 keepers?

Postby Paul717 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Hello all. Plenty of time and offseason to decide, but was hoping to get thoughts on which 16 keepers out of team in signature below.

It is a 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST

For reference, there are typically around 25 of the 32 Team DSTs kept, any anywhere from 35-40 QBs. Basically, most / all week 1 QB starters are kept along with some of the top / young backups.

I missed the play-offs in a tiebreaker therefore will pick somewhere between 1-8 each round. I have extra picks currently in rounds 4 and 5. Meaning, I would be done drafting by Round 6, currently.

Thoughts on which 16 to keep would be appreciated. Follow on: Which of the 8 drops might be regretted later?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Which 16 keepers?

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:25 pm

QB:Case Keenum
WR: Paul Richardson, Geronimo Allison, J'Mon Moore,Keith Kirkwood ,Javon Wims
TE: Cameron Brate, Jordan Thomas
K: Stephen Gostowski

listed nine 7 are easy cuts to me in that format would wonder a bit between gostowski kicker is zero value keeper o most leagues but you will need to decide about your league and richardson completely unreliable due to injuries

I would attempt to package the packers wr to a packer fan for some picks or do a consolidation deal 3 or 4 for 1 if possible .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:25 pm QB:Case Keenum
WR: Paul Richardson, Geronimo Allison, J'Mon Moore,Keith Kirkwood ,Javon Wims
TE: Cameron Brate, Jordan Thomas
K: Stephen Gostowski

listed nine 7 are easy cuts to me in that format would wonder a bit between gostowski kicker is zero value keeper o most leagues but you will need to decide about your league and richardson completely unreliable due to injuries

I would attempt to package the packers wr to a packer fan for some picks or do a consolidation deal 3 or 4 for 1 if possible .
Appreciate the advice. Agreed, Richardson was very disappointing this year. And...there happens to be a Packers fan in the league so...
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason

Picks:

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:10 am

I agree w/ the above, but I would definitely try a 2-3:1 type package deal and keep Gostkowski. Maybe move Brown in a package for a younger top WR/RB. He's a fantastic WR, but I wouldn't want to be left holding the bag.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:17 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:10 am I agree w/ the above, but I would definitely try a 2-3:1 type package deal and keep Gostkowski. Maybe move Brown in a package for a younger top WR/RB. He's a fantastic WR, but I wouldn't want to be left holding the bag.
Appreciate the advice. I think I will try to move Brown this year and hope I'm not too late to do so. If I can't get a suitable return it would be nice if he could give teams 2-3 more WR1 seasons.

Picks:

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:38 am

I know conventionally it makes sense to hold on to him if you don't 'win' the trade immediately, but I remember trading Calvin Johnson for Mike Evans straight up. It felt like a loss at the time, but that team is still struggling to find stability at WR and I still have a WR1.

I don't expect Brown to walk away like Johnson, but you get the idea. You have too much depth to 'earn' a high pick and draft another cornerstone player (when Brown is gone). All that said, I agree - you should be looking for a suitable (cornerstone) return, otherwise it's a moot point.

Does the Lamar Miller owner have a top 5 player? Could package Foreman with the excitement of coming back healthy. I'm not a doctor, and everyone recovers differently, but I'd expect him to be ~85-90% of what he was pre-injury at best (at least off that foot). Might not matter if they sign Bell.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:49 am

waynesworld1234 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:38 am I know conventionally it makes sense to hold on to him if you don't 'win' the trade immediately, but I remember trading Calvin Johnson for Mike Evans straight up. It felt like a loss at the time, but that team is still struggling to find stability at WR and I still have a WR1.

I don't expect Brown to walk away like Johnson, but you get the idea. You have too much depth to 'earn' a high pick and draft another cornerstone player (when Brown is gone). All that said, I agree - you should be looking for a suitable (cornerstone) return, otherwise it's a moot point.

Does the Lamar Miller owner have a top 5 player? Could package Foreman with the excitement of coming back healthy. I'm not a doctor, and everyone recovers differently, but I'd expect him to be ~85-90% of what he was pre-injury at best (at least off that foot). Might not matter if they sign Bell.
Appreciate the banter! Hmm...Miller owner has D. Hopkins. Is Brown + Foreman for Hopkins a reasonable offer? He also has Ronald Jones but has already told me he's not interested in Peyton Barber. Not sure what else I could add to the pot.

My league is tough...more than half the owners will "hibernate" for a while starting now and into fantasy baseball season. Many of the guys won't even consider trades until July. Sigh, I shall miss football for a while.

Picks:

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:14 am

Ha! Sounds all too familiar. Some of my league mates don't even trade in-season unless it's a clear win for them. I'd be out if it wasn't my longest running league of almost 15 years. I doubt Brown/Foreman is going to get you a counter on Hopkins. You'd probably need to add Sanders on top. And even then he'd need to be thinking he needs that second WR to make a run.

I'd target someone even younger like JuJu. My guess is his production should continue to increase, but his 'perceived' value is going to sky rocket when people see him as the team's WR1. Just need to think of something marginal he/she would be interested in to make the swap.