How do I improve my keepers?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

How do I improve my keepers?

Postby TheBelgian » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Hello fantasy community,

I took over the team in sig last offseason. This team was 3-10 last season, but after a successful inaugural season this team is competing (thanks to Saquon and Leonard). Even though I made it to the finals, I barely made it into the playoffs as the 6 seed in a 8 team playoff. Now I'm looking to improve the 13 players that I will be taking into next season. I want to know your thoughts. Rip my team apart (I know I overachieved). Players in bold are the ones I plan on keeping as my team stands now.

Like the sig says, this is a 16 team, 13 keeper, balanced scoring salary cap league. I will have the 15th pick in every round of a 13 round draft as well (rookies and players that are not kept are available in the draft).
Baltimore Ravens
32 Team Contract/Salary Cap w/ IDP -- 1 copy
Salary Cap (70M) -- Cap Space: 10M
Start: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX -- 3DL, 3LB, 4DB 2FLEX -- 1K

QB- Murray 1, Winston 1, O'Connell 3
RB- Walker 4, Penny 1, C. Evans 1, DVaughn 3, K. Harris 2, Sermon 3,
WR- T.Higgins 2, Meyers 2, Watson 4, Jameson Williams 4, E. Moore 3, Flowers 5, Hyatt 5, PWashington 3, Milne 1 Melton 2, TPatrick 2
TE- Knox 2, Moreau 2, Fortson 4, Asiasi 4, Arnold 1
DL- , Lawson 1, Armstrong 1, Winovich 2, , BGraham 2, Cominsky 4, Lowry 2, BWashington 2, Kinlaw 4, Perkins 1
LB- Rozeboom 1, M. Rice 1, Bonitto 2, Dye 2, McGrone 1, T. Howard 1, Kennard 1, JDavis 4
DB-Winfield 4, APhillips 2, JJones 2, Sutton 1, Murphy-Bunting 2, Rochell 4, Gilmore 1, JTaylor 2, W. Harris 2, Hamlin 1, Gillespie 1 Pinnock 1, Echols 1,
K-Gano 1

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: How do I improve my keepers?

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 am

I've never played in an IDP league before, so this may be a dumb question. Are your league mates as knowledgeable about players on the defense side of the ball as the offense? If not, you may lean towards returning 1-2 of your studs on defense to the draft pool knowing that you will be able to re-acquire them. Also, congrats on making it to the finals with...if I am reading correctly...Driskel as your QB?!?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheBelgian » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Paul717 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 am I've never played in an IDP league before, so this may be a dumb question. Are your league mates as knowledgeable about players on the defense side of the ball as the offense? If not, you may lean towards returning 1-2 of your studs on defense to the draft pool knowing that you will be able to re-acquire them. Also, congrats on making it to the finals with...if I am reading correctly...Driskel as your QB?!?
I'm not completely sure about what all the leaguemates know on the defensive side of the ball. I've been in this league for 1 year and this was the 16th year for the league. Thank you. Yes, Driskel down the stretch into the playoffs. It's a 1 QB league with 21 starters so QB is not very valuable. Hmm, who else on the offensive side should I be keeping if I drop some more defensive players?

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:14 pm

TheBelgian wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:11 pm
Paul717 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:08 am I've never played in an IDP league before, so this may be a dumb question. Are your league mates as knowledgeable about players on the defense side of the ball as the offense? If not, you may lean towards returning 1-2 of your studs on defense to the draft pool knowing that you will be able to re-acquire them. Also, congrats on making it to the finals with...if I am reading correctly...Driskel as your QB?!?
I'm not completely sure about what all the leaguemates know on the defensive side of the ball. I've been in this league for 1 year and this was the 16th year for the league. Thank you. Yes, Driskel down the stretch into the playoffs. It's a 1 QB league with 21 starters so QB is not very valuable. Hmm, who else on the offensive side should I be keeping if I drop some more defensive players?
Well, Njoku, Smith, and MVS have to at least be considered "tough cuts" if you had to cut them. Very interesting league though!
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol: