Aaron Jones + Jamaal Williams - Surefire RB1 production in 2019?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Aaron Jones + Jamaal Williams - Surefire RB1 production in 2019?

Postby ajf235 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:42 am

I love Aaron Jones as a talent and think he’s a top 12 back going forward on a per game basis (if he keeps the featured role). That said, I’m very worried about his draft pedigree and injury history. I have him for $6 in a keeper league so I have to keep him, but I’m still skeptical of relying on him as my third RB (I really want to have an RB1 or WR1 in the flex next year). It just seems silly to draft another top notch RB when I already have Chubb, Guice and Jones for dirt cheap and only Golladay at WR.

Jamaal Williams, while clearly the inferior talent, has been a low-end RB1 when he’s been the starter and I figure he should only go for $4-5 max in drafts next year. Do you think if I handcuff Williams to Jones next year instead of spending big bucks on a fourth RB that I’ll basically be guaranteed high-end RB2/low-end RB1 production for the entire season from the Green Bay backfield (barring an injury to Williams)?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Aaron Jones + Jamaal Williams - Surefire RB1 production in 2019?

Postby moishetreats » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:22 pm

Dude, at this point, just trade Jones. How many posts have you made lamenting him?? If you're not high on him, then that's fine. Trade him and be happy that you got value for a guy that worries you.

Otherwise, relax and enjoy the fact that you have a $6 player primed for a huge season. And be thankful that he's only $6, so the cost to bet on that huge season is verrrrrry low.

So, either trade him and be happy, or definitely go after J. Williams and be worry-free. Either way, you're good!
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Aaron Jones + Jamaal Williams - Surefire RB1 production in 2019?

Postby ajf235 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:03 am

moishetreats wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:22 pm Dude, at this point, just trade Jones. How many posts have you made lamenting him?? If you're not high on him, then that's fine. Trade him and be happy that you got value for a guy that worries you.

Otherwise, relax and enjoy the fact that you have a $6 player primed for a huge season. And be thankful that he's only $6, so the cost to bet on that huge season is verrrrrry low.

So, either trade him and be happy, or definitely go after J. Williams and be worry-free. Either way, you're good!
Haha thanks. Generally I’d keep Jones without a second thought but given how much I sacrificed this year to set myself up for next year, anything less than 5 RB/WR1s and a top 2 finish is going to be considered a failure for my team so I’m weighing all my potential options to make sure I maximize my team’s potential next year.