1 Keeper. Mahomes or Chubb?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.

Keeper?

Mahomes
70%
Chubb
30%

Total votes: 10

Tyrober
Captain
Captain

1 Keeper. Mahomes or Chubb?

Postby Tyrober » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:39 am

12 team .33 PPR with 6pt passing TDs and big bonuses for TDs.

We get to keep 1 player year to year and that player can only be kept once. My two best options right now are Mahomes or Chubb. Since this league is closer to standard RBs are more valuable than WRs so Chubb will probably be a high pick next year but so will Mahomes. Mahomes was a league winner for me this year and probably the biggest reason I made it to the #1 seed and currently in the championship game this year.

Roll with Mahomes in 2019 or maybe grab Chubb since QBs are so deep? Mahomes scored 476 points this year while the QB2 in Big Ben scored 365. Tom Brady is the QB12 and scored 298 so that's a 177 point different! I know QB is deep but Mahomes has to be the exception to the rule right?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 1 Keeper. Mahomes or Chubb?

Postby ArrylT » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:02 am

I think you can argue it either way

The scoring and scarcity of top notch RBs make it so Chubb seems like the better bet.

However the unicorn that is Mahomes at QB this year makes it understandable to go QB.

I'd still go Chubb - because scarcity at RB is a constant on a yearly basis while if you compare QB1 to QB2 over the past 10-15 years you'll see that the difference is not that great in most years. In other words I feel that the odds are you'll find a comparable QB to Mahomes more than you'll find a comparable RB to Chubb.

Are selections made public in advance or all on the same date? IE if other teams go WR or TE as their keeper, then switching to Mahomes seems more feasible - but if most of the other owners go RB then that increases the RB scarcity. I dont see many other owners keeping a QB and you might even be able to get him (Mahomes) in the 3rd or 4th round of most drafts this off-season.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:16 pm

In most formats I’d probably take Chubb, but since you get 6 pts for pass TDs I’d lean Mahomes here.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:49 am

Tyrober wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:39 am 12 team .33 PPR with 6pt passing TDs and big bonuses for TDs.

We get to keep 1 player year to year and that player can only be kept once. My two best options right now are Mahomes or Chubb. Since this league is closer to standard RBs are more valuable than WRs so Chubb will probably be a high pick next year but so will Mahomes. Mahomes was a league winner for me this year and probably the biggest reason I made it to the #1 seed and currently in the championship game this year.

Roll with Mahomes in 2019 or maybe grab Chubb since QBs are so deep? Mahomes scored 476 points this year while the QB2 in Big Ben scored 365. Tom Brady is the QB12 and scored 298 so that's a 177 point different! I know QB is deep but Mahomes has to be the exception to the rule right?
Is there a penalty to keep a player?
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller