Would you feel comfortable with just these 3 RBs in 2019?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Would you feel comfortable with just these 3 RBs in 2019?

Postby ajf235 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 pm

In a half-PPR four keeper league, I have Nick Chubb, Derrius Guice and Aaron Jones in 2019 for $21 combined, as well as Kenny Golladay for $3.

Initially my plan was to try and draft Saquon for $75-85 for my flex and use the fourth RB as depth but now I’m thinking I’ll just keep these four and then draft Julio and Odell for what should be about $130 or so combined, giving me 3 WRs and 3 RBs for approximately $154 combined, with $46 left for TE, QB and further depth. Thinking some combo of Goff/Rivers and Hunter Henry would give me studs across the board.

Would you feel comfortable going into 2019 with only Chubb, Guice and Aaron Jones as your RBs or do you think that’s too risky?

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Would you feel comfortable with just these 3 RBs in 2019?

Postby TheBelgian » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 am

My first question is how are Saquon, Julio, and Odell available? Are they too expensive for their current owners?
As far as your current RB situation, I like it. Chubb has been really good and will probably be the lead back in Cleveland. Guice looks to be the starter in Washington next season. Jones will most likely be the lead back in Green Bay.
You will probably want to pick up another RB for depth. If you want a chance to compete with the best teams then go for elite talent like Saquon, Julio and Odell.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:02 am

TheBelgian wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:21 am My first question is how are Saquon, Julio, and Odell available? Are they too expensive for their current owners?
As far as your current RB situation, I like it. Chubb has been really good and will probably be the lead back in Cleveland. Guice looks to be the starter in Washington next season. Jones will most likely be the lead back in Green Bay.
You will probably want to pick up another RB for depth. If you want a chance to compete with the best teams then go for elite talent like Saquon, Julio and Odell.
Yeah Saquon went for $79 last year, Odell went for $68 and Julio went for $60 with 10% inflation to each and they are all now on the same team via trades and the owner has Kamara, Hill and Deshaun Watson for cheap, so it’s possible one of them is kept but even that’s not a guarantee considering he has Evan Engram for $3 as well. AB will be available too.

I’d personally rather get Davante Adams and Hopkins as my WRs due to their youth and situations but both are 100% gonna be kept.

So based on that, my lineup would likely be the following in 2019:

QB - Rivers/Goff (maybe swap out one for Wentz)
WR - OBJ
WR - Julio
RB - Chubb
RB - Guice
Flex - A. Jones/Golladay
TE - H. Henry

Plus a kicker/defense that is TBD. Ideally, I’d like to get Corey Davis and/or Rashaad Penny as depth but I could easily see both being hyped like crazy next summer. Regardless though, would you agree that that’s an elite starting lineup for 2019?

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ProfPoobah » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm

ajf235 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 pm In a half-PPR four keeper league, I have Nick Chubb, Derrius Guice and Aaron Jones in 2019 for $21 combined, as well as Kenny Golladay for $3.

Initially my plan was to try and draft Saquon for $75-85 for my flex and use the fourth RB as depth but now I’m thinking I’ll just keep these four and then draft Julio and Odell for what should be about $130 or so combined, giving me 3 WRs and 3 RBs for approximately $154 combined, with $46 left for TE, QB and further depth. Thinking some combo of Goff/Rivers and Hunter Henry would give me studs across the board.

Would you feel comfortable going into 2019 with only Chubb, Guice and Aaron Jones as your RBs or do you think that’s too risky?
If you're putting up 2 #1 WRs, I think that trio at RB would be fine. I also would be looking hard for next year's Jones, Chubb, or Guice.
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

TheBelgian
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheBelgian » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:47 pm

"Elite", not yet. There are questions with Guice and Henry, but a great lineup with tremendous upside, yes. You have a solid plan of attack. Hopefully it works out for you.