Which 4 would you keep as of now?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Which 4 would you keep as of now?

Postby ajf235 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:33 pm

$200 budget half ppr, 4 keeper slots. Went into total rebuild despite having a good team as I didn’t think I could compete with the elites this year. Below are my potential keepers, which 4 would you keep as of today:

Chubb ($8)
Guice ($7)
A. Jones ($6)
Golladay ($3)
C. Davis ($17)
Njoku ($6)
Penny ($18)
Sutton ($11)
Goff ($2)
L. Jackson ($11)

I’m thinking Golladay Davis Guice and Chubb atm but a lot could change. What do you guys think?

Lordchay
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Which 4 would you keep as of now?

Postby Lordchay » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Definitely keeping Guice, Chubb & Golladay which only puts 9% of your budget in keepers right there.

For the fourth selection, it would depend for me on the starting requirements because I would debate between keeping Jones or Sutton.

Keeping A.Jones, Guice, Chubb & Golladay = $24 or 12% of your budget
Keeping Sutton, Golladay, Guice & Chubb = $32 or 16% of your budget.

I would lean towards the Jones package because it gives you more leeway towards everything and gives you some decent RBs & a good WR to start the season off but the Sutton package gives you two of each and still a good amount of money left to work with.

If Davis closes out the season strong, then perhaps consider that as well but those would be the two packages of players I would consider right now.
Too many teams to list here... :lol:

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Lordchay wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:07 pm Definitely keeping Guice, Chubb & Golladay which only puts 9% of your budget in keepers right there.

For the fourth selection, it would depend for me on the starting requirements because I would debate between keeping Jones or Sutton.

Keeping A.Jones, Guice, Chubb & Golladay = $24 or 12% of your budget
Keeping Sutton, Golladay, Guice & Chubb = $32 or 16% of your budget.

I would lean towards the Jones package because it gives you more leeway towards everything and gives you some decent RBs & a good WR to start the season off but the Sutton package gives you two of each and still a good amount of money left to work with.

If Davis closes out the season strong, then perhaps consider that as well but those would be the two packages of players I would consider right now.
Agreed. I like the jones guice Chubb Golladay package but if Davis continues flashing his TO/Brandon Marshall upside I can’t not keep him at $17. That should net me two RB1s and potentially two WR1s, although I still need to see much more from Davis and Golladay to believe they’re gonna be WR1s. I’d rather have two receivers and two RBs so I can drop like $85 or whatever it takes to get Saquon but we’ll see what happens rest of season. Keeping Jones would allow me to get AB and Odell though but AB’s getting kinda old, I trust saquon being a top 3 RB next year over AB continuing his super elite dominance at 31.

The Red Rooster
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby The Red Rooster » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:03 pm

If you can only keep 4, I would strongly consider dealing Goff, Jones and Njoku to contending teams.

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:01 pm

The Red Rooster wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:03 pm If you can only keep 4, I would strongly consider dealing Goff, Jones and Njoku to contending teams.
Lol no one would trade for Njoku. And that was the plan but Aaron jones broke out after the trade deadline. Also, they made this dumbass rule that you can’t trade for draft dollars mid season. W/e hopefully someone is willing to pay up for Goff or Jones in the offseason. I could also try and package some pieces to try and upgrade my WRs this offseason.

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ProfPoobah » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:35 pm

I agree that Chubb, Guice and Golladay are a step ahead of everyone else. Dunno what the scoring is, but Goff is the #5 QB in my league. That might be worth keeping at $2, depending on if/when values escalate. Jones, for me, depends on if you can start 3 RB/Flex. If the players stay at this price forever, then Davis comes into the discussion. Everyone else is behind these 6, for me. Hope you can turn the good pieces into a great start for 2019!
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:14 am

ProfPoobah wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:35 pm I agree that Chubb, Guice and Golladay are a step ahead of everyone else. Dunno what the scoring is, but Goff is the #5 QB in my league. That might be worth keeping at $2, depending on if/when values escalate. Jones, for me, depends on if you can start 3 RB/Flex. If the players stay at this price forever, then Davis comes into the discussion. Everyone else is behind these 6, for me. Hope you can turn the good pieces into a great start for 2019!
Yeah I could start Aaron Jones at flex. It’s one-QB half PPR 4-points for passing TDs 6-points for rushing/receiving TDs. Especially now with McCarthy gone I’m thinking Chubb/Guice/Golladay/Jones is the definite choice, unless Corey Davis has a MONSTER finish to the year then I could see keeping him over Jones given his long term upside.

Salaries inflate 10% each year and in year 3 we can put them on a contract or keep them one more year at 10% inflation and drop them after year 3. Contract = base price (at year 3) + (number of contract years)*($5), so I can have Golladay, Chubb and Guice through 2021 at $51 combined on a $200 budget, which sounds pretty amazing rn.