Consolidating into 7 Keepers

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Consolidating into 7 Keepers

Postby waynesworld1234 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:59 am

Hey! I am in a 7 keeper, full PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR flex league and I'm trying to compile my team into 7 studs. I'm looking for help drumming up a creative trade to improve my roster by consolidating players into another stud WR or TE.

Will definitely keep
Saquon Barkley, Odell Beckham Jr., Alvin Kamara

Plan to keep as of now
Mike Evans, Nick Chubb, Derrius Guice

Need to pick one of / trade for a better player/picks
Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson
D'Onta Foreman
Hunter Henry, O.J. Howard, Evan Engram

I'm struggling with moving these guys because part of me thinks I have more potential to wait out the off-season with this team. On the other hand, I think I have a 'problem' for a keeper league with too many RB's and I should be trying to move Chubb for a top 10 WR. I don't have a shot at Kelce or Ertz.

I'm interested to know what players/positions you would target as 'upgrades' and how you'd structure a deal. Or, if you'd stand pat and try to scoop up picks. FWIW - I offered Chubb/Cooper/2nd for Michael Thomas and it was immediately declined w/o counter.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Consolidating into 7 Keepers

Postby Paul717 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:53 am

Like your 6, and still love me some O.J. Howard. It wouldn't be the worst thing if you "stood pat". Agreed you are a bit RB heavy...and you can't use an RB as a Flex? Interesting, haven't heard of that type of restriction before.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Re: Consolidating into 7 Keepers

Postby waynesworld1234 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:15 am

Paul717 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:53 am Like your 6, and still love me some O.J. Howard. It wouldn't be the worst thing if you "stood pat". Agreed you are a bit RB heavy...and you can't use an RB as a Flex? Interesting, haven't heard of that type of restriction before.
Nope - this league has some really quirky rules (this being one of them).