Rate My 2019 Keepers

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Rate My 2019 Keepers

Postby ajf235 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm

4 keeper league, half ppr, $200 budget. My keepers are Nick Chubb ($8), Derrius Guice ($7), Kenny Golladay ($3) and Jared Goff ($2) for a combined $20 with $180 left to spend in the draft. I also have Aaron Jones ($6) and David Njoku ($6), each of whom could potentially be traded for draft dollars if their value appreciates significantly in the second half of this season. What do you think of my keepers and overall team prospects for 2019?

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Rate My 2019 Keepers

Postby Paul717 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Those are nice players at a reasonable cost. How many teams are in the league? Seems many folks put their team information in the "signature" so readers can make more informed replies...FYI. I'm new to this site, actually. Also, how do the trades work in your league with $ amounts being traded? That sounds like a fun wrinkle.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Paul717 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:38 pm Those are nice players at a reasonable cost. How many teams are in the league? Seems many folks put their team information in the "signature" so readers can make more informed replies...FYI. I'm new to this site, actually. Also, how do the trades work in your league with $ amounts being traded? That sounds like a fun wrinkle.
12 teams. My team is bad now. I felt I had a slim shot of winning this year so I traded away all of my unkeepable players and lesser keepers to get Chubb, Guice, Goff and Golladay so I'll be stacked next draft with a ton of draft capital.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:48 pm

ajf235 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 pm
Paul717 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:38 pm Those are nice players at a reasonable cost. How many teams are in the league? Seems many folks put their team information in the "signature" so readers can make more informed replies...FYI. I'm new to this site, actually. Also, how do the trades work in your league with $ amounts being traded? That sounds like a fun wrinkle.
12 teams. My team is bad now. I felt I had a slim shot of winning this year so I traded away all of my unkeepable players and lesser keepers to get Chubb, Guice, Goff and Golladay so I'll be stacked next draft with a ton of draft capital.
I would personally wait a few weeks before trying to trade Jones or Njoku. I don't think their value has peaked yet this year. Disclaimer: I'm a Jones owner and fairly high on him.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ajf235 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Paul717 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:48 pm
ajf235 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:41 pm
I would personally wait a few weeks before trying to trade Jones or Njoku. I don't think their value has peaked yet this year. Disclaimer: I'm a Jones owner and fairly high on him.
100% agreed. With Jones, I'm waiting til either A) the offseason or B) right before the trade deadline if he has fully broken out into an RB1 and then I'll try to sell him to a contender for an absurd amount of draft dollars. With Njoku, I'm waiting til the offseason.