Rank Best 2018 Rookie RB Keepers from 2019-2021

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ajf235
Role Player
Role Player

Rank Best 2018 Rookie RB Keepers from 2019-2021

Postby ajf235 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:57 pm

In terms of most fantasy points, half ppr from 2019-2021, I’d rank:

1. Saquon - no brainer
2. Guice - top notch o line (see AP’s production), competent receiver with an injury-prone third down back who’s 28 giving him 3-down potential early into 2019. Alex Smith likes dumpoffs. He’ll have had over a year to recover from his acl to start the 2019 season.
3. Michel - Good offense (could regress as Brady ages/retires), high draft capital, performing well already.
4. Chubb - Has passed eye test in NFL thus far. Workhorse on an ascending team with potentially strong defense. Played 66% of snaps (more than Hyde all season) against Bucs and was targeted twice, while playing many of the same snaps as Duke despite negative gameflow, indicates he could have expanded role as a pass catcher than many imagined (potentially Isaiah Crowell-like).
5. Kerryon - Looks excellent. Don’t see him having the touchdown upside of Guice, Chubb or Michel, but could potentially make up difference with receiving skills.
6. Rashaad - First round pick means something right?
7. Royce - Like the talent. Don’t like the situation. Lindsay looks legit and is a rookie as well.
8. RoJo - Not a fan of the talent.

What are everyone else’s thoughts?

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Rank Best 2018 Rookie RB Keepers from 2019-2021

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 am

Tier 1
Barkley- yeah...

Tier 2 A
Michel
Chubb
Kerryon
we've seen them all play in real NFL games, they've all passed the eye test to me

Tier 2B
Guice
hasn't played yet in real game time so I can't justify taking him over those guys

Tier 3
Royce Freeman
Has showed more than the next tier of guys but is in a timeshare and that team looks bad

Tier 4A
Penny
Philip Lindsay
Tier 4B
Rojo
Lindsay is a weird case, he passes the eye test to me, but was just a UDFA, is he the next coming of Woodhead or Sproles? I think if he keeps this up the rest of the year he can move into tier 2B
both have been horrid this year but I can't justify places Rojo in Penny's tier when he couldn't even get on the field until week6, Penny was at least getting some carries, have potential to move up or down depending on how this year goes

Tier 5
Hines
Last guy worth ranking from this class, seems to be a bit player like I thought but he'll get sufficient passing work to be relevant for a couple years and carve out a buck allen esque role. After this you have the ballage, Kelly, Walton, etc backups