General Strategy in a Keep 7

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: General Strategy in a Keep 7

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm

Its all about the studs. I wouldn't move Adams or Ertz unless it was for another stud and picks. Hilton and LF in a similar conversation.

I would post who you think your 7 keepers are right now. Maybe that way we can help some more with trades, etc.

For example, Im guessing not many QB are kept so Cousins probably shouldn't be either. If a guy like C. Davis does not start to perform he could be on the bubble as well (same goes for Kirk and Sutton and other rookies)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:43 am

That's interesting with the QBs. If I had 7 RB/WR/TE that I liked and I didn't own Rodgers or a top QB. I probably wouldn't hold one, but cant blame you there.

As far as trading Hilton away to win now teams. What piece are you looking to get back? If it's more rookies and picks you run into the same dilemma every year. Too many rookies and not enough keeper slots. Packaging a guy like Hilton and say Sutton or another rookie after a big game for Keenan Allen for example is the way to go. Then hold KA for a long time.

Rinse and repeat

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:46 am

Another thing to keep in mind. Davis holds much less value in this format than dynasty. Dynasty owners will hold out hope because who else are they going to get?

Keeping 7 is pretty close to redraft. If Davis does nothing all year, you probably wont even keep him

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Draft picks in this league are much more valuable than in regular dynasty so keep that in mind.

When someone says X player is worth a 1st that translates to like a 3rd or 4th rounder here.

Say for example your league has just started last year. The JuJu owner (maybe a bad example) had other players to be kept and didn't see him continuing his production in PIT and maybe Ben doesn't stay much longer blah blah blah. Your rookie draft comes around and Saquon is likely still first, but whereas Guice or Kerryon or whoever was 1.02 now JuJu and a slew of 2nd year players that didn't perform amazingly are also there like Golladay. Your 2nd or 3rd rounder will net some valuable pieces

Think of who you and other teams will have to let go of and where the incoming rookies might fall