Help me pick my keepers

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
guy369
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Help me pick my keepers

Postby guy369 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Deadline is this Friday.

The first 3 are easy:
Mike Evans
Julio Jones
D. Hopkins

Now I need to pick two more, I am leaning towards;
Carson Wentz & CJ Anderson

These are the other players I can choose from:
D. Foreman
Chris Hogan
Kenny Stills
Njoku

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Help me pick my keepers

Postby GOTGDynasty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:46 pm

I'd drop C.J. Anderson and keep Njoku instead: younger and with elite potential at his position and for years to come will have good QBs tossing the rock. C.J. is stuck behind McCaffery and not as young. The rest of your picks are spot on. Great to have Wentz.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

guy369
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby guy369 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:48 pm

GOTGDynasty wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:46 pm I'd drop C.J. Anderson and keep Njoku instead: younger and with elite potential at his position and for years to come will have good QBs tossing the rock. C.J. is stuck behind McCaffery and not as young. The rest of your picks are spot on. Great to have Wentz.
I hope Wentz can finish top 3 this year

So you go Njoku over Foreman? I have a few days to make this decision, I can see Njoku over Anderson :thumbup:

GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby GOTGDynasty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:09 pm

guy369 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:48 pm
GOTGDynasty wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:46 pm I'd drop C.J. Anderson and keep Njoku instead: younger and with elite potential at his position and for years to come will have good QBs tossing the rock. C.J. is stuck behind McCaffery and not as young. The rest of your picks are spot on. Great to have Wentz.
So you go Njoku over Foreman?
Yes. You can see from my sig that I'm a stockpiler of TEs. It's the hardest position to get a stud at. I drafted Engram last year at 1.10, didn't need to play him other than on Gronk's bye, and late season parlayed him and the 4.05 pick into Brandin Cooks and the 2.08 pick, after Hunter Henry went down for a rival's team. When a TE gets injured there is little available on the waiver wires and having extra starter-potential TEs on the roster gets great trade value from desperate team owners. A couple years back I peddled Kelce for T.Y. Hilton and a third round draft pick. And once this season Olsen shows he's still elite I'll peddle him as well. My view is one can never have enough starter level TEs. People pay a premium for them when their own get wounded or when they're making a run for a playoff berth. Meanwhile I'm developing Kittle and Hooper, either or both could have breakout years. I look at a dynasty squad as a TE greenhouse! But that's just me.
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am

guy369 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:38 pm Deadline is this Friday.

The first 3 are easy:
Mike Evans
Julio Jones
D. Hopkins

D. Foreman
Chris Hogan
Kenny Stills
Njoku
IMO, Anderson and Njoku are easy cuts. Unlike the post above, I'm not using a top-50 or top-60 pick to keep a player who might be good, bad, or great. You can redraft him pretty easily, if not someone better.

Between Stills or Hogan, I take Hogan 100% of the time. He'll simply put up better numbers this year, and, with a fifth keeper, I don't feel a need to look too far ahead of this year.

That leaves two spots for Wentz, Foreman, and Hogan. I think that you'd be able to get Foreman the latest, so he'd be my cut (and, given my teams below, I'm obviously high on him!).
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

guy369
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby guy369 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:21 pm

moishetreats wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:40 am
guy369 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:38 pm Deadline is this Friday.

The first 3 are easy:
Mike Evans
Julio Jones
D. Hopkins

D. Foreman
Chris Hogan
Kenny Stills
Njoku
IMO, Anderson and Njoku are easy cuts. Unlike the post above, I'm not using a top-50 or top-60 pick to keep a player who might be good, bad, or great. You can redraft him pretty easily, if not someone better.

Between Stills or Hogan, I take Hogan 100% of the time. He'll simply put up better numbers this year, and, with a fifth keeper, I don't feel a need to look too far ahead of this year.

That leaves two spots for Wentz, Foreman, and Hogan. I think that you'd be able to get Foreman the latest, so he'd be my cut (and, given my teams below, I'm obviously high on him!).
Thanks for your input, you make a valid point with Hogan putting up points now

Njoku can probably be picked up in the 3rd round with this league

So Wentz and Hogan :thumbup: