1.2 Help after Guice Injury

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
GOTGDynasty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 1.2 Help after Guice Injury

Postby GOTGDynasty » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:37 am

If in your shoes I would wait out the rest of preseason to see how the various rookie RBs shake out in playing time. If I had to draft today I would be tempted to take Guice anyway as a 2019 stash, or if with your roster that includes Burkhead, grab Sony Michel as handcuff (although we all know the NE backfield is a coin flip week to week). This year I have the 1.01 and 1.05 p icks and still have no clear plan for 1.05. Am waiting for more preseason action to help me figure that out. 1.02 must be a real headache right now. Maybe you can get some greater value by trading it?
QBs: Patrick Mahomes, Trey Lance, Tua Tagovailoa
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Saquon Barkley, JK Dobbins, James Conner, Travis Etienne, Tony Pollard, Brian Robinson.
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Chase Claypool, Chris Olave, Odell Beckham, Josh Palmer
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Taysom Hill, Trey McBride, Isaiah Likely
PK: Nick Folk
(IDPs, start two per week per position):
DL: Danielle Hunter, Myles Garrett, Alex Highsmith, Aidan Hutchinson, Chase Young,
LB: Roquan Smith, C.J. Mosley, Logan Wilson, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoa
DB: Derwin James, Jeremy Chinn, Xavier McKinney, Jalen Pitre

* Ten team league started in 2014.
** 40 player roster, 30 Keepers per season.
*** Red denotes 2022 draft pickups.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 1.2 Help after Guice Injury

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:32 am

I'd take Penny, or a top RB in this years class. Everyone is too high on Guice IMO, if they think they should take him at 1.02 and stash him, this RB class has tons of talent that could help you this year. He's being overarated, he isn't some generational talent. He was taken at the back end of the 2nd round behind a lot of good RB's, and character issues weren't all of it. Guice will have had a bum knee for 2 years, he had disappointing numbers his junior years supposedly because his knee was hurt, now he just tore it. He isn't nearly the same prospect Fournette is. Just pick the best RB that can play this year. I think Penny is better anyway, but regardless, Guice was behind Marshall on 3rd downs in the first preseason game with Thompson out, so they don't really view him as a 3 down guy, and Gruden stated that already. He's a 2 down back with 3rd and short mixed in, and IF their passing down back gets hurt, he may spell them. I'd go with someone who can help this year, there are a ton of rookies people might be high on next year, try and get Guice then. You're got the making of a good team this year, don't stash with a premium pick, like I said, he's not that much better (IMO not better at all) then some of the guys avaiable.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick