Adams or Edelman??

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Adams or Edelman??

Postby Goddard » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:26 pm

nonamedefense wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:19 pm I never said I would draft Edelman ahead of Adams … and I'm aware of what the ADP is for both players. It's just that for my money I know Adams is just getting started but Edelman has been one of the most productive receivers for the last 5 years, and has caught anywhere from 90 to 100 balls. That is the ONLY reason why I wanted some input from other people on what ones value is verses the other.
Expecting a 32 year old WR coming off a torn ACL to repeat numbers from a couple of years ago is more than just being optimistic. The odds are probably against him if I were going to bet. And then there's the suspension. People saying he can still have high end production for the next 2 years are also being extremely hopeful. I'm not even a huge Adams' fan, but I see no reason why he can't improve on his numbers and have a career year this year and maintain that kind of production for the next few years. There's just not a lot of logical argument to compare the two in dynasty or even redraft. I think someone else already mentioned that you can drop Edelman and still be able to draft him at some point in your draft.

JDogil12
Starter
Starter

Postby JDogil12 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Unless Patriots receivers get 6 points per catch, I would easily keep Ertz over him too. Edelman isnt even a player I would consider in the first 7 rounds of a redraft league.

nonamedefense
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby nonamedefense » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:47 pm

So, Edelman doesn't have a good QB throwing to him? Ever hear of Tom Brady? lol... This is not a troll post It was a legit question that I wanted feedback on. Didn't want to start any arguments. I like Edelman that's all, and Adams as well to me they are both valuable. Yes, I know he's coming off an injury but b4 that he was one of the most productive receivers in the NFL. I'm not downplaying Adams, however I think you guys are downplaying Edelman. But again I'm not trying to start any arguments this is just my opinion... Thanks for everyone's input...

mariettajeff
Starter
Starter

Postby mariettajeff » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:52 pm

This is a Dynasty site. Keep Edelman, and 5 years from now, you can watch Adams on T.V., and listen to Edelman describe the great play he just watched from the broadcast booth.
Team 1 Richard Cranium 2015 & 2016 Champion 16 teams 1 PPR 1 QB\1 RB \2 WR \ 1 RB/WR\ 1 TE
Wilson, Mahomes
Gurley, David Johnson, Jonathan Taylor, Darrell Henderson
OBJ, Cooks, Fuller, M. Williams, Courtland Sutton, A.J. Brown
Kelce, Dissly
Butker
Balt, Jets

Team 2 Crushing Steelers 12 teams 1PPR 1QB\2RB\2WR\1TE\1 RB-WR\ 2 I
Allen, Garropolo, Goff
Mixon, Chubb, Mack, Drake,
OBJ, Cooks, Hopkins, Kirk, Miller, A.J. Brown
Goedert, Hockerson, Fant
Gay
Chicago, SF, Pitt
Lavonte David, Warner, Hicks

RBlivesmatter
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RBlivesmatter » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 pm

This has to be a troll
Team1 est2017
10 team QB3WR2RBTE2FLX
QB- Rivers, Mariota, Jimmy G, Rosen
RB- Gurley, Hunt, Drake, Henry, Howard, RoJo, McKinnon, ware, Ajayi
WR- Cooks, Jarvis, Miller, Kirk, Shepard, Patrick
TE- Reed, Eifert, Gesicki, Herndon
2019: 2.6 2.7 3.1

Team2 est2018
8 team PPR - 2QB3WR3RBTE2FLX
QB- Wilson, Cousins, Rosen, Allen, Foles
RB- Melvin, Shady, Howard, D.Freeman, Edwards, Collins, Duke, Coleman, Gore, Hunt, ekeler
WR- MT, Tate, Fitz, Humphries, Doctson, Kirk, Agholor, Wilson, Washington
TE- Kelce , Trey, Henry
2019- 1.3 1.8 2.1 2.3 3.3 4.3

Team3 est.2019
12 team QB2WR2RBTE2FLX
QB- Arodg, Mitch, Ljax
RB- Chubb, Guice, Hunt, D.Freeman, Yeldon, Samuels
WR- Julio, Tate, Miller, Funchess, Washington, Reynolds, Patrick
TE- Kelce, Hooper
2019: 1.7 2.4 2.8 2.10

Team4 est.2019
12 team QB2WR2RBTE2FLXKDEF
QB-Arodg, Winston
RB- Conner, Ingram, Lamar, Rojo
WR- Nuk, Keenan, Baldwin, Tate, Crowder, Josh Gordon, Wilson
TE- Engram, Gesicki, Hurst
K-
DEF-
2019: 1.1 1.5

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 pm

This was an interesting thread to read - and I think it gives insight into how some owners value past production - especially when the player is a household name (Edelman is a bigger name than Adams to the casual viewer I bet).

Btw I agree with everyone else that Adams is a much better choice as a keeper than Edelman. Even on Re-draft forums (try Football Guys their redraft forum is great) you'll likely get a majority of owners feeling Adams upside with Rodgers beats that of Bradys with Edelman (if only because of the Gronk factor).

As some advice - whether for keeper or dynasty or redraft - the more detailed the information provided from the beginning the better - so always try to include scoring settings, league size and the rest of your roster when possible.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 pm

nonamedefense wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:47 pm So, Edelman doesn't have a good QB throwing to him? Ever hear of Tom Brady? lol... This is not a troll post It was a legit question that I wanted feedback on. Didn't want to start any arguments. I like Edelman that's all, and Adams as well to me they are both valuable. Yes, I know he's coming off an injury but b4 that he was one of the most productive receivers in the NFL. I'm not downplaying Adams, however I think you guys are downplaying Edelman. But again I'm not trying to start any arguments this is just my opinion... Thanks for everyone's input...
Nobody is trying to argue with you or anything like that. We just understand that Edelman barely carries value in dynasty leagues at this point. Adams is significantly younger and isn't coming off a huge injury. His upside is immensely higher as well because of his red zone presence. We're just trying to educate you if anything. Keeping Edelman is not at all worth it. His value is in the dumps and shouldn't be considered a keeper. There has to be someone better on your team to keep. It would help us a lot of you listed your roster in your signature.
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Of the names you have listed I would definitely keep Adams and Ertz, and I would keep any one of Cohen, Robby Anderson or Funchess over Edelman. Cohen probably being my choice, bot knowing the rest of your roster.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 pm

Edelman is 32, coming off a torn ACL where it appears he needed to do something outside the rules to rehab from, as a torn ACL at 32 can be a death sentence to a career. Adams is 25 and the top WR in an Aaron Rodgers led offense.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:36 pm

It's absolutely nuts this has gone on for 3 pages.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:23 am

Please post all keeper topics in this forum: viewforum.php?f=50