Redraft Playoffs: Manually Reseed Or Just Abide By The System?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.

No. No Manual Reseed. Just Abide By The System.
100%
Yes. Manually Reseed.
No votes

Total votes: 3

turcorox911
Role Player
Role Player

Postby turcorox911 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:41 pm

So I was the commissioner of a work redraft league one year, and we had 8 teams make the playoffs. The first round was 1 v. 8, 2-7, 3-6, and 4-5. But it was a bracket style playoff, so it did not automatically reseed the highest ranked team vs. the lowest ranked team. So we wound up with 5 v. 8 and 2 v. 3. I wanted to manually reseed, so that #2 played #8 and #3 played #5, but after checking the settings, I realized that I could not have selected such an option at the beginning of the year. Furthermore, I had never discussed such an event with the rest of the league, so I just let the system dictate, instead of overriding it myself. Without disclosing it to the group ahead of time, I just felt it improper to intervene.

Seeds 5 and 8 were happy, but seeds 2 and 3 were not. If I had manually reset, seeds 5 and 8 would have been upset, while 2 and 3 would have been happy. There wasn't really a perfect solution.

What do you think I should have done? Should I have manually reset or not?

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Redraft Playoffs: Manually Reseed Or Just Abide By The System?

Postby Slackalacker » Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 am

I personally would reseed but only if the rules are agreed to ahead of time and they are clearly posted.

If no rule was implemented you’d have to go with whatever the system does. Gotta live and learn and put rules into place accordingly
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau