DJ trade question

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
KenAndTonic
Rookie
Rookie

DJ trade question

Postby KenAndTonic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:50 pm

I'm in a 12 team superflex .75 PPR keeper league. I consider myself to have one of the better teams in the league and should make the playoffs with my current roster. Only 4 teams make the playoffs, so there is not a huge margin for error. One of the presumed contenders coming into the year has David Johnson and may need to make a trade to stay in playoff contention. I am thinking of offering Mike Evans, in his final year of keeper eligibility, for David Johnson, who is eligible to be kept 1 more year beyond this one. I think there is a good chance the other owner would accept that offer should I propose it. Do I make this trade and risk missing the playoffs, or not? The upside for both this year (assuming DJ is back in time for the fantasy playoffs) and next year is potentially huge, but with high risk of missing the playoffs entirely this season. My entire roster is listed below.

Thoughts?

QB: Brady, Bradford, Goff, Mahomes
WR: Evans, M. Thomas, K. Benjamin, Golladay, Ginn, Agholor
RB: Zeke, Stewart, Abdullah, Burkhead
TE: H. Henry, A. Hooper

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE

scorpion
Role Player
Role Player

Re: DJ trade question

Postby scorpion » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Negative. I think that would leave you too thin at WR. I understand the temptation (esp. with the additional year) but I think it's more than your team can handle THIS year.
12 Team 21 Keeper / 27 Roster 0.5-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 D FLEX, 3 IR - 6th Year | Commish | Champion 2013, 2015

QB: T. Brady, M. Stafford, B. Mayfield
RB: E. Elliot, L. Miller, L. McCoy, R. Freeman, P. Lindsay, , G. Edwards, D. Foreman
WR: A. Brown, A. Thielen, A. Robinson, M. Goodwin, J. Gordon, A. Miller, D. Moore
TE: E. Engram, T. Burton
K: B. Maher (Current Streamer)
DL: J. Clowney, D. Lawrence
LB: L. David, L. Vander Esch, Z. Cunningham, T. Whitehead
DB: B. Baker, J. Bates