First time playing a keeper league - inheriting an orphan

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
inaudiblelance
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

First time playing a keeper league - inheriting an orphan

Postby inaudiblelance » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm

So i'm playing my first keeper league. i inherited an orphan in a 2qb keeper league. i've played dynasty for years but am new to the keeper/losing draft pick from previous year/round drafted system and would like some advice.

i can keep three. below is my roster from last year and where they were picked last year. that is the draft pick i will lose this year if i chose to keep that player. my team also has the 1st pick in the upcoming draft. what three should i keep?

2nd Allen Robinson
3rd Jordy
4th Alshon
5th Forte
6th Baldwin
7th Delani
8th John Brown
9th Rashard Jennings
10th Yeldon,
12th DeVante Parker
13th Bailey
14th Zach Miller
15th Flacco
16th Cutler

I'm not familiar with this format but I would think that flacco and cutler in the 15th/16th are great values for a 2qb league. parker in the 12th could also be a big value if he pans out. but i will gladly defer to the experts. what do the keeper league vets think? what 3 should i keep?

thanks for any advice you can provide!
TM #1 -- 10 Team PPR 2QB - 23 slots+2 IR -- 2QB/1-4RB/1-4WR/TE/3FLX
QB: JHurts/JFields/BPurdy/THuntley/JHaener/DTR/SBennett
RB: AKamara/RStevenson/IPacheco/KIngram/JFord/TSpears
WR: AJBrown/ASB/BCooks/DHopkins/TDell/DMooney/EMoore/APerry/APierce/CTilman/KToney
TE: DGoedert/DKincaid/COkonkwo

TM #2 -- 12 Team PPR 2QB - 26 slots+2 IR -- 2QB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLX
QB: TLawrence/JFields/DWatson/SHowell/TBagent/JStidham/TBoyle/SThompson/CRush/JHall
RB: JTaylor/KWalker/DAchane/KHerbert/JCook/ZWhite/ZEvans/JFord/TSpears/JMcLaughlin/KIngram/KMitchell
WR: JWaddle/JChase/EMoore/RMoore/KShakir/CClaypool/JRoss
TE: PFreiermuth/JFerguson/COkonkwo/JWoods/DWashington

Slackalacker
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: First time playing a keeper league - inheriting an orphan

Postby Slackalacker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm more inclined to decide on Value over Player unless the later far outweighs the former.

Example:

Jordy is probably the best WR option and I would take him well over Flacco
But if you keep Jordy, you aren't going to draft someone in the 15th that is close to flacco in a 2QB league. You're better off drafting in the 3rd and keeping flacco as your 15th.

Your QBs are your best value but you're also going to have the 1st pick. Assuming people like Bell/DJ/Elliot/OBJ/Evans are gone I would draft your best available QB at 1.1, and keep both cutler and flacco. You'll be set for QBs and can enjoy your starters in the late rounds while other people are trying to find value that won't exist at that level.
TEAM 1 - 10 team SF 1PPR | 2017 & 2019 League Champ
1QB/1SF/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX
QB: Dak - Hurts - DangeRuss - Tua - Z Wilson - Mills
RB: Barkley - Zeke - Sanders - Pollard - Patterson - D’Ernest - Jermar - Evans - Jones
WR: Hill - JJeff - Higgins - Hollywood - MThom(IR) - Godwin(IR) - E Moore - Marshall Jr - Calloway - Palmer - D Brown
TE: Hock - Moreau