Help me pick 6 keepers, PPR 8 team league

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Werethemillers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Help me pick 6 keepers, PPR 8 team league

Postby Werethemillers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:44 am

This is a team I took over last season and am trying to rebuild as you can see from the roster the previous owner didn't exactly know what he was doing.
Anyway, 1 point PPR league, start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex RB/wr.

Rbs:
L.Miller
M.Ingram
T.Coleman
R.Kelley
D.Booker
J.Stewart
T.Hightower

Wrs:
K.Allen
M.Crabtree
L.fitzgerald
C.Meredith
S.Shepard
M.Wallace
D.Moncreif

Who do you keep as your RB 1/2 and WR 1/2 and 2 extras?
For our draft, after our 6 keepers(cost no draft picks), I'm 4th to pick in a snake style draft, with an extra pick in the 3rd round.

My strategy is grab a top 5 QB if available for my first pick, or dalvin cook since chances of fournette, cmc, mixon not getting picked as very slim.

WhiskeyRacer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help me pick 6 keepers, PPR 8 team league

Postby WhiskeyRacer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 am

I'd be looking more for top tier talent and potential keepers for the future.
Looks like you know you have an uphill battle ahead of you and it is only compounded by the fact that there are just 8 teams in the league. I wouldn't recommend taking a QB early unless someone let a top 4 QB fall back to the draft pile and there weren't better options available.

BPA in the draft. If you can get Davis, that might be a good pick but might not pay off this year. I would snag one of the top RB in Fournette, Cook, Mixon, McC and hope they pan out. I would be hoping for Cook but that is just me.

Keep: Allen, Meredith, Crabtree, Moncreif, Miller, Coleman

Good luck!
10-team .5PPR SF 4 point passing TD
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1SFLEX
2nd place 2017, 18, 19, 20... :wall:
Champ 2023 :dance:

QB - Jackson, Herbert
RB - Achane, Chubb, Henry, Mitchell, Hubbard, Chandler, R. Johnson
WR - Waddle, Collins, Reed, Evans, Hyatt
TE - Andrews, Engram, McBride
2024 Picks, 1.08, 2, 3 ,4

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 am

WhiskeyRacer wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 amKeep: Allen, Meredith, Crabtree, Moncreif, Miller, Coleman
I'd take out Crabtree and keep Ingram.

In this format, Crabtree has minimal value with no chance for it to grow. Ingram, if he defies the AP/Kamara odds, could have his value rebound in a big way. While the odds are small, the upside is far greater.

Given the dearth of talent on your team, I'd rather keep the guy whose value has room to grow by leaps and bounds than the low-ceiling veteran whose value is most likely to decline even further.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Werethemillers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Werethemillers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am

WhiskeyRacer wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 am I'd be looking more for top tier talent and potential keepers for the future.
Looks like you know you have an uphill battle ahead of you and it is only compounded by the fact that there are just 8 teams in the league. I wouldn't recommend taking a QB early unless someone let a top 4 QB fall back to the draft pile and there weren't better options available.

BPA in the draft. If you can get Davis, that might be a good pick but might not pay off this year. I would snag one of the top RB in Fournette, Cook, Mixon, McC and hope they pan out. I would be hoping for Cook but that is just me.

Good luck!
moishetreats wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 am
WhiskeyRacer wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 amKeep: Allen, Meredith, Crabtree, Moncreif, Miller, Coleman

In this format, Crabtree has minimal value with no chance for it to grow. Ingram, if he defies the AP/Kamara odds, could have his value rebound in a big way. While the odds are small, the upside is far greater.

Given the dearth of talent on your team, I'd rather keep the guy whose value has room to grow by leaps and bounds than the low-ceiling veteran whose value is most likely to decline even further.
Yeah I was leaning more towards keeping Ingram also, even with AP there now.
I've gone back and forth so much on crabtree. He's so consistent but his age, and ceiling do limit his upside. My issue though is if I dont keep him, I basically have Allen as my WR1, and Meredith as my WR2, and moncreif as a bye week filler/flex, unless I draft another WR2 type talent. The top 15 WR will be kept by other teams, possibly even up to the top 20.
Thoughts on this?

WhiskeyRacer
Rookie
Rookie

Postby WhiskeyRacer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:03 am

Werethemillers wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am Yeah I was leaning more towards keeping Ingram also, even with AP there now.
I've gone back and forth so much on crabtree. He's so consistent but his age, and ceiling do limit his upside. My issue though is if I dont keep him, I basically have Allen as my WR1, and Meredith as my WR2, and moncreif as a bye week filler/flex, unless I draft another WR2 type talent. The top 15 WR will be kept by other teams, possibly even up to the top 20.
Thoughts on this?

My gut tells me that Ingram has a hard road ahead of him for the next year+ and that as long as AP is healthy, he will be the guy getting the early work and GL carries. Kamara doesn't really scare me away from Ingram as much as the real possibility of one of the GOAT sending him to the bench.

Crabtree seems like he can be slotted in as a stable WR2 for you and allow you to compete. He was a top 12 WR in 2016, a top 20 in 2015 and is a TD magnet.
I view Moncreif and Meredith as your high upside guys for the future. You can say the same about Ingram so I guess for me it comes down to these three.
10-team .5PPR SF 4 point passing TD
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1SFLEX
2nd place 2017, 18, 19, 20... :wall:
Champ 2023 :dance:

QB - Jackson, Herbert
RB - Achane, Chubb, Henry, Mitchell, Hubbard, Chandler, R. Johnson
WR - Waddle, Collins, Reed, Evans, Hyatt
TE - Andrews, Engram, McBride
2024 Picks, 1.08, 2, 3 ,4

Werethemillers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Werethemillers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:59 pm

I traded my 1st and 4th round picks away, but have 2 picks in the 3rd round.

My keepers will be
T.Brady
L.Miller
A.Peterson
M.Ingram
D.Baldwin
K.Allen

Also have L.fitzgerald and Crabtree, would either be better keeps than Allen?

Since I don't get to pick til round 2, would you go after a top TE if avail to make a good run at playoffs; or go after more RB and WR avail to cover bye weeks, injuries in round 2 and both picks for round 3?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:15 pm

Werethemillers wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 am
WhiskeyRacer wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 am I'd be looking more for top tier talent and potential keepers for the future.

Good luck!
moishetreats wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 am

Yeah I was leaning more towards keeping Ingram also, even with AP there now.
Thoughts on this?
If you see yourself as likely competitive this year ,then I think that Crabtree would make some sense. If you see yourself as not likely competitive this year -- which seems to be the case given your keepers -- then I'd much rather have Ingram. Crabtree has value on a competitive roster, but I don't see him ever having much trade value. While it's more likely that Crabtree will have some trade value than Ingram, Ingram's trade value ceiling is far higher, IMO. I'm willing to miss out on Crabtree's low trade ceiling to gamble on Ingram's if the plan is more for the future than the present.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --