Keep Luck?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
jedge76
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Keep Luck?

Postby jedge76 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:58 pm

Hey everyone,

10 team, 8 keeper league and we lose a draft round for each player kept. I am keeping Julio, AJ, Gronk, L. Miller, D.Henry, and Lynch (maybe). I have Luck, but am considering not keeping him and drafting a round earlier because of the depth at the QB position these days. Is this nuts?

Also considering Corey Coleman and Tevin Coleman.
The Gronkeys
10-team Standard Dynasty (1-QB, 2 RB's, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR's, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 4-IDP's, 1-D/ST, 1-K)

kpholden
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Keep Luck?

Postby kpholden » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:38 am

Is your draft soon? I would monitor Luck's status for a little while before making this decision. If he ends up missing games, making him your 6th/7th keeper is going to be costly. There are plenty of other QB options at that point.

That being said, if Luck starts Week 1 I would keep him, especially over both Colemans. You already have a solid WR/RB core and I don't expect you to start Corey over Julio/AJ anytime soon unless one of them gets hurt. Also, I would much rather have a healthy Luck than the other players going in the 6th round range (Ingram, Kelce, Blount, CJ Anderson, Landry, Olsen, Peterson, Tate).

Lynch is interesting. I personally don't trust him to stay healthy so I wouldn't keep him, but he could end up winning you your league if he does and he's your 6th/7th keeper.

Away Team
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Away Team » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:05 am

Luck in the 6th is just too choice. He's on the PUP but he's started to throw already, 6 weeks until the start of the season... I think he's going to be A-OK.

jedge76
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jedge76 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. The draft isn't till after the last preseason game, so plenty of time to monitor that situation. Like AJ and Julio, I've had him since he came into the league, so I lean toward keeping him. It's just tempting because of QB depth to release and move up in the draft.
The Gronkeys
10-team Standard Dynasty (1-QB, 2 RB's, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR's, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 4-IDP's, 1-D/ST, 1-K)