Ambitious Project

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
TheStewDog
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Ambitious Project

Postby TheStewDog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:50 am

Hi guys,

I've been a league commissioner for about 5 years now and Im always keen to try out new ideas and take on new challenges. I've always wanted to somehow link in fantasy football with giving back to the community and just couldnt quite find a fit that seemed worthwhile for either the league owners, or for the charities involved, while still being fairly simple.

Anyway I think Ive worked out a way to do it and was just looking for a little bit of feedback on it from you lovely folks.

Basic premise: 4 leagues of 24 teams split up as 4 groups, converging to a knockout playoff structure with 1 eventual winner - think of it like the World Cup. Rosters are 10 players (QB, RB, WR, TE, Flex, 5 Bench). Pot split would be 25% to a charity of each finalist's choice and 50% to the overall winner (after decucting MFL fees).

- Firstly is it something you'd be interested in as a concept?
- How much would you be willing to pay for entry?
- Is 50% donation/prize split too much? Would 1/3 prize, 2/3 donations be better? Or 50% donations, 40% prize and 10% bonus donation to the charity of the owner with most sponsorship raised?
- The cap on entries would be 96 (the maximum that MFL allows), would a sponsorship setup be of interest to you if you were a non-entrant, provided the sponsorship was solely for donations to the finalists chosen charities (didnt count toward prize pool)?

If there was enough interest, I would consider running multiple of these leagues to accommodate all interested parties. It would be great to hear everyone's feedback