Brees and Kelce over CJ Anderson and Cooks?

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Mustachio
Rookie
Rookie

Brees and Kelce over CJ Anderson and Cooks?

Postby Mustachio » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Brees lost my playoff game for me, but the last 3 years I've been killed by quarterbacks (Roethlisberger injured last year, Rivers fell apart two years ago). I can keep 4 players, and I have Hyde, Evans, Cooks, CJA, Kelce, and Brees. Does anybody think it would be a good strategy to keep Brees and Kelce (or one of them) over CJA and/or Cooks so that I can just focus on drafting a ton of RBs and WRs with upside?

Mustachio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Brees and Kelce over CJ Anderson and Cooks?

Postby Mustachio » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:01 am

OK nobody's responded so I'll simplify it.

I have the six players listed above. Quarterbacks get six points for passing touchdowns and -3 points for interceptions which makes Brees a lot more valuable than in most leagues. There is one running back to slot and one wide receiver slot to go along with four flex spots. otherwise it's totally a standard scoring no PPR league.

I know it's really early but would anybody keep a quarterback or tight end over the other four guys mentioned?

bigheadmikele
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bigheadmikele » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:29 am

league format and scoring?

Mustachio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mustachio » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Non ppr (standard) 1 qb, 1 rb, 4 flex, 1 te.

12 teams, all touchdowns are 6 points - including passing touchdowns. It's just straight up you keep four players, no penalties or draft picks sacrificed. And there is a standard snake draft where all have the seventh pick because I finished fifth. And you get one point for 10 yards rushing and receiving, passing is one point per 25 yards.

bigheadmikele
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bigheadmikele » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:38 pm

I really like cooks but CJA I could consider dropping.

Mustachio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mustachio » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:03 pm

I think I agree with you and I wouldn't be surprised if Kelce winds up having more points next year than cj. Maybe more importantly, he'd be better trade bait with the amount of running backs that are kept in this league. Seriously, every single starting running back is kept.

Fr0sty711
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Fr0sty711 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Can you keep Evans and Cooks?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=134257

League Rules
10 team Standard Scoring( 6pts TD)
1Qb,2RB,3WR,1TE,1 Flex,Def,K
6bench, 2 IR spots
Auction Draft $200
Keeper League- Keep players 2 years( Draft, Year 1, Year 2, Back into Draft)
Allowed to Keep 0-3 players NO position limits

Mustachio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mustachio » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:24 am

Yeah I am keeping Evans and cooks, and Hyde. I just don't know how to keep in that last spot. I was thinking about letting cooks go so that I'd have an elite quarterback but I don't see the point if I can just take brees in the first round anyways. If not the second round. Cj or Kelce is really the question when it comes down to it

Titanium Miss
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Titanium Miss » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:47 am

I would keep Kelce, for me that is without hesitation. There will be other rbs (next guy up and in the draft) and I dont' have the most faith in CJA anymore. Kelce could be in the running for #1 TE this year if he keeps up his pace. That's a major advantage imo, CJA - I see as a RB2, not game changing, but i'm just one opinion.

Mustachio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mustachio » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:24 pm

I appreciate the input. I suffer from a disease where I change my mind at the last second. I didn't give up on cj last year but now I need to - that offense is such a mess.

Clem0423
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Clem0423 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 am

I'm keeping Evans cooks and kelce for sure. Is there an upside to only keeping 3? In my keeper league we do a lottery supplemental draft before we begin our snake based on standings. If that's the case I'm not keeping anyone else from that list.

Mustachio
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Mustachio » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Clem0423 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:01 am I'm keeping Evans cooks and kelce for sure. Is there an upside to only keeping 3? In my keeper league we do a lottery supplemental draft before we begin our snake based on standings. If that's the case I'm not keeping anyone else from that list.
No, it's a really basic league where it's just keep four year-to-year. I traded Michael Thomas for Drew brees to make a run at the championship and I'm sure you know how that ended. I don't know, I'm actually pretty high on CJ but we don't have to lock in our keepers until after the draft. I guess I'm probably keeping cooks? It is a 12 team league so having two receivers that finished as Wr1s isn't that bad.

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:25 pm

I would keep Kelce over CJA, and I would cut Brees. If you want to keep Brees I would strongly consider cutting Hyde before Cooks. I only play PPR though so I probably over-value WR's.

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:23 am

If you're only allowed to keep 4, I can't see how making one of those guys a QB can be justified.. Same kinda goes for a non-Gronk TE.. So me, I'd easily keep Evans, Hyde, Cooks, and CJA by default. Those onesie position can too easily be filled late in drafts.
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

jhhump
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jhhump » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Kelce, Cooks, Evans and Brees for me. I know that QB is not a favorite for most but with Brees you will have a top 5 QB. Cooks is still and very good WR and has the potential to be a top 10. I don't trust Hyde to stay healthy for a full season and CJA hasn't proven that he can be the guy for a full year either. Just my 2 cents.