Gronk Deflategate Video

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Gronk Deflategate Video

Postby Phaded » Thu May 07, 2015 11:32 am

Honestly I liked the point he was making initially..

Then he had to go ruin it with his inflated bicep and deflated "deez nuts" part. I agree with those who called him stupid.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Thu May 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:Im a Pats fan, and an obvious Gronk fan so I get the homer factor. But how can you really hate this guy? He's an absolute goofball, isn't fake on the mic with the typical answers athletes give when asked, donates A TON of time to charity in the area, and is arguably the most dominate player in NFL right now. I could totally see " I hate this guy because the Patriots blah blah blah" Or "I hate this guy because I'm jealous I don't live his life"
You're talking about this right? haha
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Thu May 07, 2015 3:35 pm

bjorklunde wrote:Just watched the video...guy's a total douche.
... who scores me 19 points every week. I don't give a crap what he is or isn't.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu May 07, 2015 5:09 pm

doktor wrote:
... who scores me 19 points every week. I don't give a crap what he is or isn't.
You could've said the same thing for Aaron Hernandez...
P.S. Yes I just compared Hernandez's situation to Gronk's. Yes I think they're very similar.
P.P.S. I don't actually think they're similar. I'm joking.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:54 pm

doombringer wrote:
MilwaukeesBest wrote:Gronk seems to have fun with the game on and off the field. Once I looked past my hatred for the Patriots I started to appreciate him. Gronk has really grown on me, he's like a giant man-child.

I could not agree more. Hate the Patriots. Love Gronks madness.
Honestly I'm surprised people who hate the Pats aren't more inclined to like Gronk. I love him but when you think of the "Patriot Way" he's so far out there. I just always picture BB and Brady hosting media relations sessions for the Patriots team about the do's and don'ts of the patriot way and then Rob going out the next day and doing something like this and them just banging their head against the wall.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

bjorklunde
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bjorklunde » Thu May 07, 2015 6:20 pm

doktor wrote:
Doesn't change the fact he's still a douche. I have no problem rolling him out every Sunday on the teams in which I have him rostered. Will I go out and try to buy him? No. But that's because he's too damned expensive. I am able to set personal feelings aside when it comes to winning. But he's still a giant douche.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Thu May 07, 2015 7:33 pm

He makes a good point to begin with, then wanders off into hilarious territory. This is utterly tame and appropriate behavior for a life-long jock, particularly one who keeps winning. Don't tell me you don't listen to the crap other pros say, or see the things they do. Heck, don't you KNOW any jocks? You know, the type you were in high school with who played every sport, and after you all left for college they were the only one who actually missed high school?

Gronk is that guy, only he was talented enough to just keep riding that train into adulthood.

Five out of five, would watch again.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu May 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Gronk is the best. Nothing worse than all the PR/PC drones who regurgitate the same 5 lines all the time. Still don't get the NUTZ reference though...

:lol:

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:26 am

This is the best explanation I could find on the internet...and yes I feel old for having to look something up on Urban Dictionary. Edited for forum

deez nuts
1) A sarcastic expression used to denote annoyance or frustration.
2) A term used when you just dont give a 'eff'
3) Look, my 'd' and balls are bigger than yours.
"Hey let me borrow your car."
"Why don't you borrow deez nuts."
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Mrlinderman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mrlinderman » Fri May 08, 2015 6:52 am

PhadedCN wrote:
TommyL31 wrote:Yeah, I have no doubt that a wrestling career is in his future. With practice, he could make Ultimate Warrior level promo videos (with less weird crap in it).
I don't think anyone can make Ultimate Warrior level promos.

Come on man, we all know THE CREAM RISES TO THE TOP, OHHH YEAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q
12 Team 0.5 PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX) BORK LASER http://www27.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/73122#0

DELTA 29 (12 Team 1.0PPR, 5 Pt Passing TD) Scott Steiner Institute of Mathematics(QB, 2 Rb, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, DST) Orphanhttp://www16.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/40472#0

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri May 08, 2015 7:07 am

TommyL31 wrote:I just always picture BB and Brady hosting media relations sessions for the Patriots team about the do's and don'ts of the patriot way and then Rob going out the next day and doing something like this and them just banging their head against the wall.
I picture him lifting his leg and ripping one on the hard aluminum folding chairs.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri May 08, 2015 7:34 am

PierreThePainter wrote:
Swampdonkey17 wrote:Im a Pats fan, and an obvious Gronk fan so I get the homer factor. But how can you really hate this guy? He's an absolute goofball, isn't fake on the mic with the typical answers athletes give when asked, donates A TON of time to charity in the area, and is arguably the most dominate player in NFL right now. I could totally see " I hate this guy because the Patriots blah blah blah" Or "I hate this guy because I'm jealous I don't live his life"
You're talking about this right? haha
The dude just gives and gives and gives.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sat May 09, 2015 7:33 am

MilwaukeesBest wrote:Have you guys seen the video on Bleacherreport? It is freaking hilarious. However, I got a text from a buddy teasing me that I better prepare for a suspension. I think it is doubtful but then it got me thinking. Is there any precedent for something like this?
So, no concern on the thread over a possible suspension. That's promising!
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:45 am

Talk about a guy who is just out there loving his job, props to him
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sat May 09, 2015 7:56 am

I bet Gronk got all D's in school.

ALL DEEZ NUTS THAT IS!