Welcome! (A too-brief guide to the DLF forums)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Welcome! (A too-brief guide to the DLF forums)

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:00 am

This is the place for general dynasty talk: player values, strategy, news, and the like.

If you want advice about your team, you're looking for the Team Advice forum. If you want to debate politics, religion, or Korean film, take it to the Politics, religion, etc. thread. If you want to go after a poster instead of his/her post, you may end up in the Ad hominem hall of fame. (If you want to decline the honor, you can do so by deleting your post.)

Please check the front page to see if there's another thread covering your topic. This is especially important during rapid-fire news situations (like free agency and the draft).

A few tips:
* The search bar in the top-right corner of your screen is an invaluable tool. Also check out the advanced search features.
* Please search for recent topics before creating a new player-specific thread.
* If you're looking for more information, the "Resources" page on DLF.com is a great place to start.
* As a rule of thumb, if you're asking a question that requires readers to look at your roster, it should probably be a Team Advice thread.

Enjoy! This is one of the best places on the Internet to hang out and talk dynasty.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Forum Etiquette and Respect

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:49 am

Hello all and Happy Halloween,

Just wanted to remind everyone to PLEASE be ultra respectful, helpful and accepting of all posters and posts on these boards.

DLF was built to establish a fantasy community unlike any other on the net and that cannot happen without EVERY one of you helping to build an environment in which each member can receive help, positive feedback and respect all in a collaborative setting regardless of knowledge, experience or even gender. No one likes to be berated, made to feel stupid or having to respond to rude behavior and posts. We all have different levels of ability and knowledge and styles, ranking methodology, experience, mindset, philosophies, etc. etc. Try to be extremely respectful of those differences.

Anyone passionate about fantasy understands that a bad week, bad trade, caustic personality, gloating and a host of other events and personality traits can make for a bad day or experience. It's going to happen and it will be up to you to decide not to further the discussion and let it go. While we can hope that these behaviors don't happen in these forums, we know they still will. But that doesn't mean we don't want to minimize them as much as possible and remind everyone to be a part of the best fantasy forum and site on the planet.

Please don't allow a single individual to take away your enjoyment of interacting with your fellow community members. Display grace in your posts and temperance in your reactions and replies.

Please work very hard with us to continue to build this community and make it a home for EVERY individual that walks through our doors. We are all part of that community and it is up to each of us to play a role when posting.

Thank you all for your help and continued efforts in this area.
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Forum Etiquette and Respect

Postby Telperion » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:57 am

- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Spots
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Spots » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:44 am

I just want to say that although I'm new to the site (first year), I love it and the community. I appreciate all the knowledge, passion, and opinions. Your reminder is a great one because with all of that emotion, it's easy to react in ways that are unproductive at its best, hurtful/inappropriate at its worst.

With all that said, this site is fantastic and a plethora of information and help! In the short time since I found it, it has helped me refocus my efforts on my dynasty team, examine players more in depth, challenge my previous thoughts on value, etc, etc, infinity, infinity. It definitely gives me a leg up on my league mates and I can't imagine not having access to it.

Thanks DLF!!!

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:15 am

Thanks for you input Spots ... we love to hear that!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Thanks for this post.

I saw lately too many knowledgable and respectable users react with too litle patience to other people with different opinions and approaches. And I was/am worried this community is heading toward the wrong direction. It would be a shame, this is still the best FF community on the web.
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:20 pm

We can't allow that to happen to OUR forum. We cannot allow disrespect, intolerance of others' views and and general negativity to reduce the value of the community. Let's work to together to maintain the highest set of standards and communication for the end result that we all want
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:48 pm

ajmyk wrote:Thanks for this post.

I saw lately too many knowledgable and respectable users react with too litle patience to other people with different opinions and approaches. And I was/am worried this community is heading toward the wrong direction. It would be a shame, this is still the best FF community on the web.
I gotta agree with this one. I'm always up for a good old fashioned debate or difference in viewpoints, but a few select people on here let their "expert" opinions get the best of them. I have learned to avoid valuing or speculating on certain players on here, good or bad (here's looking at you Christine), as it really hits a nerve with both the detractors and supporters. Not sure if it is ownership bias with some or if players family members are posting on here, but some threads pop up and I know it's going to be a caca-storm. Overall, it's a good community though. I appreciate all that's put into the site. I have learned a lot of useful knowledge and insight on here, even when it completely differs from my personal strategy or outlook.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Forum Communication - PLEASE READ

Postby dlf_jeffh » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:47 am

Good morning all DLF'ers

We are in unprecedented times. I'm sure you will all agree.

In times like this, we must band together as a people, support each other and lift each other up. Even in fantasy football, when you bring so many people together in one place, there will be differing opinions, sometimes even reaching extreme emotional levels of difference. It's all too easy to air out frustrations, call each other out or aim to insult through use of words when we disagree. It can be one of the drawbacks of running an online community.

We are fortunate to have members from all over the world. In addition to the U.S., I've personally interacted with individuals from Germany, U.K., Ireland, Sweden, Australia, Canada, South America, South Africa and many other countries I'm forgetting. We have all been impacted in one way or the other by the Coronavirus/COVID-19. The DLF community is a global one.

We are very pleased you call DLF home and can use our forums as a source of engagement with your fellow NFL fans. But please, please be respectful to each other and lift each other up. Disagree with opinion, engage in discussion(s), but always respect your fellow community member and check your words, tone and intention before hitting "Submit."

While these are good standard operating procedures for any time, it's especially the case NOW. So while things in our world become more stressful and very 'real', let this forum be a place of safety, engagement and fun for all who wish to contribute. Regardless of race, country, religion, color of skin, etc., let's be the change we wish to see, even if it's only on this fantasy forum.

I would encourage you all to respond to this post in some way pledging your commitment, lifting someone up or supporting this forum and the people in it. If you don't wish to, that's perfectly fine as well - your silent acknowledgement and support is just as good.

As always, we appreciate and respect each one of you and thank you for calling DLF home!

Wishing you and your family safety and health during these difficult times.

Thank you
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Re: Forum Communication - PLEASE READ

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:44 pm

Thank you Jeff!!!!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:11 am

But please, please be respectful to each other and lift each other up. Disagree with opinion, engage in discussion(s), but always respect your fellow community member and check your words, tone and intention before hitting "Submit."

Please make sure you read the entire post - but above all else this is highly recommended.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:36 pm

Jeff, Thank you! Times like this are hard enough as it is.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:40 am

Right on.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:31 pm

More proof why I've loved DLF and these forums for years - they're actually owned and run by good people with great values.

Thank you all - stay cool and safe DLF leaders and followers! :thumbup:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -