General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Westy22
Captain
Captain

Re: CJ Anderson Will Be The Best Fantasy RB In 2016

Postby Westy22 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:41 pm

thebeast wrote:
Westy22 wrote:
thebeast wrote:^ of course they do. Booker is unknown and fills them with hope as you've been riding a 2 game losing streak. I'm sure they didn't feel that way earlier in the season.
While true, it doesn't make them wrong either.
Doesn't make them right. After all they really wanted Tebow to start too.
Not sure what Tebowmania has to do with this.

Point is most Bronco fans think Booker looks like the more talented back. Take that for what you will. I personally find reading team message boards about certain players quite informative.

TTHTD
Captain
Captain

Postby TTHTD » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:33 pm

Westy22 wrote:Point is most Bronco fans think Booker looks like the more talented back. Take that for what you will. I personally find reading team message boards about certain players quite informative.
I did the same thing when trying to figure out who was the WR to own in Detroit. The fans were pretty unanimous that Tate was going to be the guy even when Jones was getting all the looks in preseason... I'm not sure team fans are really that much more reliable than any other person is.

IMO Booker does look ok out there, but he is definitely not so much better looking than CJA that he seems like he could take the job or even most of the work by force. CJA also looked far superior in pass pro. CJA looks like the more well rounded player and Booker looks like he might have only a slightly higher cieling but will need time to develop. Best case scenario for him is a 50/50 next season and that's if he improves in pass pro and if Kubiak is even interested in running an RBBC.

Westy22
Captain
Captain

Postby Westy22 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:13 pm

TTHTD wrote:
Westy22 wrote:Point is most Bronco fans think Booker looks like the more talented back. Take that for what you will. I personally find reading team message boards about certain players quite informative.
I did the same thing when trying to figure out who was the WR to own in Detroit. The fans were pretty unanimous that Tate was going to be the guy even when Jones was getting all the looks in preseason... I'm not sure team fans are really that much more reliable than any other person is.

IMO Booker does look ok out there, but he is definitely not so much better looking than CJA that he seems like he could take the job or even most of the work by force. CJA also looked far superior in pass pro. CJA looks like the more well rounded player and Booker looks like he might have only a slightly higher cieling but will need time to develop. Best case scenario for him is a 50/50 next season and that's if he improves in pass pro and if Kubiak is even interested in running an RBBC.
CJA does look far better in pass pro.

I agree that they aren't any more reliable, but more information and it is up to you as a dynasty owner to interpret how you want. Team message boards have enabled me to pick up a lot of players before they got the main stream attention and their values shot up.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:56 pm

It doesn't matter what they look like, it's clear the coaching staff wants booker involved. Andre Williams was the worst rb in the NFL and the giants kept giving him significant carries for 2 years.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:15 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:It doesn't matter what they look like, it's clear the coaching staff wants booker involved. Andre Williams was the worst rb in the NFL and the giants kept giving him significant carries for 2 years.
Its sensible isn't it? A team with playoff aspirations wants their backup RB to be involved so he's comfortable in the event he needs to take on a bigger role. Who cares if he's involved? The question that no one can answer is how involved he will be. I don't think CJ or Booker have done anything to change the coaching plan whatever that was. Booker fumbled his first NFL carry, or close to it, didn't end up in the dog house (I like that Kubiak didn't banish him for that), a few crisp runs aren't going to leap frog him over CJ either.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:35 pm

thebeast wrote:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:It doesn't matter what they look like, it's clear the coaching staff wants booker involved. Andre Williams was the worst rb in the NFL and the giants kept giving him significant carries for 2 years.
Its sensible isn't it? A team with playoff aspirations wants their backup RB to be involved so he's comfortable in the event he needs to take on a bigger role. Who cares if he's involved? The question that no one can answer is how involved he will be. I don't think CJ or Booker have done anything to change the coaching plan whatever that was. Booker fumbled his first NFL carry, or close to it, didn't end up in the dog house (I like that Kubiak didn't banish him for that), a few crisp runs aren't going to leap frog him over CJ either.
That isnt how it works. Playoff teams dont put their back up on the field for 45% of the snaps just so he could maybe, possibly be ready if they need him. They are trying to win games so they put the players out there that they feel give them the best shot to win.

If they put Booker out there, it means they think he can help them win. Does that mean they like him more than Anderson? Not necessarily. But I also think it means they would have no problem giving him a bigger role if Anderson were to struggle. It is something Denver has done for a while now which is why I stay away from Denver RBs
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:58 pm

It seems this thread has now shifted to the CJ vs Booker thread. I own a share of Booker and hope he continues to play well. I even tried to make an offer, but the CJ owner is commanding top 5 rb prices. He's insistent that DB will have no impact on Anderson. Albeit a minor one, I think that may largely be untrue. What do I know though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:20 am

jimmychoi wrote:It seems this thread has now shifted to the CJ vs Booker thread. I own a share of Booker and hope he continues to play well. I even tried to make an offer, but the CJ owner is commanding top 5 rb prices. He's insistent that DB will have no impact on Anderson. Albeit a minor one, I think that may largely be untrue. What do I know though.
Even if Booker doesn't affect CJ, CJ shouldn't command top 5 RB prices, because he's not a top 5 RB. I just had an owner tell me he wanted both my 2017 firsts for him. I wouldn't even give him 1, let alone 2.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:59 am

Lol that's stupid expensive for CJ. What does Booker seem to be going for right now? I thought about offering Powell and a 2nd for him to a team with no RB production currently
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 am

Litesout13 wrote:
thebeast wrote:
That isnt how it works. Playoff teams dont put their back up on the field for 45% of the snaps just so he could maybe, possibly be ready if they need him. They are trying to win games so they put the players out there that they feel give them the best shot to win.

If they put Booker out there, it means they think he can help them win. Does that mean they like him more than Anderson? Not necessarily. But I also think it means they would have no problem giving him a bigger role if Anderson were to struggle. It is something Denver has done for a while now which is why I stay away from Denver RBs
Oh, thanks for letting me know how it works. Say hi to Kubiak for me when you see him next.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:05 am

I am starting to wonder if CJA is even going to be the most valuable RB on his team by the end of 2016. Started out like a man on fire but hasn't looked especially fantastic since.
Interesting to watch this battle unfold anyway
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:42 am

maxhyde wrote:I am starting to wonder if CJA is even going to be the most valuable RB on his team by the end of 2016. Started out like a man on fire but hasn't looked especially fantastic since.
Interesting to watch this battle unfold anyway
This is the reason I just traded him and Jaelen Strong for Davante Parker and Paul Perkins. Booker to me has looked better and decided to sell before Anderson's value tanked.
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:36 pm

I like that deal for you anyway

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

A-train
Starter
Starter

Postby A-train » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:19 pm

maxhyde wrote:I like that deal for you anyway

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I still believe in Parker. Figured it'd be a good chance to buy low on him. Liking the deal even more now after seeing this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... re-touches

Feel like I sold at the right time
Team 1: France Les Bleus: 20 team .5 ppr dynasty league. Starters in Bold
QB: Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota
RB: Ezekiel Elliot, Alex Collins, D'onta Foreman, Chris Carson, James White, Kenneth Dixon
WR: Mike Williams, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore, Laquon Treadwell, Taywan Taylor, Josh Malone
TE: Eric Ebron, Hunter Henry, Adam Shaheen
D/ST: Patriots, Saints

Team 2: New England Patriots: 24 Team standard league. Starters in Bold
QB: Patrick Mahommes, Josh Rosen
RB: Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb, Phillip Lindsay, Derius Guice, Melvin Gordon
WR: DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, DJ Chark, Desean Hamilton, Laquon Treadwell, Equanimous St. Brown, James Washington
TE: Gerald Everett, Adam Shaheen, Hunter Henry
Def: Titans

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 pm

We may want to change the thread name to "CJ Anderson will be the best Fantasy RB(on his own team) in 2016. Then we might have a better debate.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick