Postby Blackout » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:17 am

Goodbye Latavius hype :wave:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: TRich Waived

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:33 am

Blackout wrote:Goodbye Latavius hype :wave:
Why do you say that? Because Trent has shown he's a powerhouse of a man who can dominate an NFL game?

Not from what I've seen. The Raiders cut DMC and MJD and they need players at the RB position. Richardson now has one foot out the door of the league and his career is hanging by a thread. If he doesn't show up to camp in shape and ready to work it's likely he doesn't find his name on the 53-man roster come September. If he does indeed sign, his contract will indicate to us what the Raiders actually think of him.

Murray may be getting talked up more than he deserves based on the 2014 KC game, but as someone who has some L. Murray stock this potential signing doesn't have me biting my nails. Trent and is living off of his draft status and what "might be". That's no going to last much longer if he doesn't show some effort and maturity.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:42 am

I think there was a lot more going on in INDY than we think. Trent wasn't happy with the situation, he played terribly, he got outta shape (by 3 lbs) and was an all round cr*pshoot of a player.

I'm not supporting his stats or saying he is going to be the next best thing, but a see a new team and a chance to showcase something has to raise his stock. if he bombs in Oakland i'm officially off the TRich train.
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:49 am

With the money he can earn he's certainly not camp fodder, but I can't see him beating out Murray for touches with how he's played.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:55 am

I'm thinking the starting RB for the Raiders will be determined during the NFL draft.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:59 am

hot nikkels wrote:I'm thinking the starting RB for the Raiders will be determined during the NFL draft.
Doubt it. They have Reece/Murray, and they've signed TRich/Helu, why would the spend important draft capital at a position they're OK at? Never mind, it's the Raiders.....

Scorpio78
Captain
Captain

Postby Scorpio78 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:01 am

Blackout wrote:Goodbye Latavius hype :wave:
Not a big fan of Latavius (or his hype) but to think that he would get beat out by TRich is just…well…it's funny to me. TRich couldn't beat out Bradshaw, had Donald Brown run circles around him, was punked by Dan Herron, and would have lost his job to Tipton as well. TRich will NEVER be fantasy relevant. He was signed by a bottom feeding organization that A) Needs to try to generate fan interest and B) HAS to spend a certain amount of money per NFL rules. That is all that happened here...nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't matter where TRich plays. He sucked in Cleveland, sucked in Indy (with a top flight QB no less), and he'll suck in Oakland before ultimately being kicked to the curb for good a year from now...if not sooner. He never had it. He never will. End of story.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:05 am

CrimsonKodiak wrote:I think there was a lot more going on in INDY than we think. Trent wasn't happy with the situation, he played terribly, he got outta shape (by 3 lbs) and was an all round cr*pshoot of a player.

I'm not supporting his stats or saying he is going to be the next best thing, but a see a new team and a chance to showcase something has to raise his stock. if he bombs in Oakland i'm officially off the TRich train.
Agreed his stock will rise once he's actually on a team. How could it not? Beats being on the street. But I do believe we'll be able to infer how much the Raiders think of him based on what they pay. Especially in terms of guarantees. I wouldn't expect much over the veteran minimum if I were T-Rich. He simply hasn't earned it.

And, contracts like that are easy to sweep under the rug if things don't work out. He will get a shot at redemption (in Oakland or elsewhere) but he's running out of chances.

Edit: 2-years, $3.9 mil is more than I figured he'd get. Looks like Murray/Richardson/Reece will be their 2015 backfield. Hmmm....
Last edited by Shoreline Steamers on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D

VinceB128
Rookie
Rookie

Postby VinceB128 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:07 am

TRich isn't gonna kill any hype except for those who didn't like Murray to begin with. No one who believes in Murray is gonna think Richardson is a threat to do anything since he failed so miserably in Indy and has been gotten rid of twice now.

And I don't have anything to back it up yet, but I would wager almost none of the money in the contract is guaranteed. And more than half is incentive based ($4.1 mil out of the $8 mil). Raiders have to spend money to reach that minimal threshold. Is there a chance TRich sticks and gets significant carries? Sure, anything's possible, but it's not gonna kill any hype and it's not going to raise TRich's value until something changes on the field.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 am

CrimsonKodiak wrote:I think there was a lot more going on in INDY than we think. Trent wasn't happy with the situation, he played terribly, he got outta shape (by 3 lbs) and was an all round cr*pshoot of a player.

He's been terrible on two different teams now.

I don't think i'll ever understand the LMurray hate. He's been injured in the past, oh noes!!

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote:Looks like Murray/Richardson/Reece will be their 2015 backfield. Hmmm....
I was tempted to write a Roy Helu pun here, but instead I'll just remind you that he (and not Reece) is likely to get significant touches.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:13 am

italian_stallion21 wrote:
hot nikkels wrote:I'm thinking the starting RB for the Raiders will be determined during the NFL draft.
Doubt it. They have Reece/Murray, and they've signed TRich/Helu, why would the spend important draft capital at a position they're OK at? Never mind, it's the Raiders.....
Ha, this is perfect and pretty much sums it up. These are not the moves of a team that is looking to draft a RB. They're the moves of a team putting a bandaid on a situation while they fix other holes in the team...but I put nothing past the Raiders.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:16 am

Jules wrote:
Shoreline Steamers wrote:Looks like Murray/Richardson/Reece will be their 2015 backfield. Hmmm....
I was tempted to write a Roy Helu pun here, but instead I'll just remind you that he (and not Reece) is likely to get significant touches.
Good point Jules as I'd forgotten about Helu. Things do move fast in the offseason. At least Oakland has become younger at RB with these signings. We'll see about the results.

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:35 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote:

Agreed his stock will rise once he's actually on a team. How could it not? Beats being on the street. But I do believe we'll be able to infer how much the Raiders think of him based on what they pay. Especially in terms of guarantees. I wouldn't expect much over the veteran minimum if I were T-Rich. He simply hasn't earned it.

And, contracts like that are easy to sweep under the rug if things don't work out. He will get a shot at redemption (in Oakland or elsewhere) but he's running out of chances.

Edit: 2-years, $3.9 mil is more than I figured he'd get. Looks like Murray/Richardson/Reece will be their 2015 backfield. Hmmm....
Wow, that's base with 4.1M more in incentives. That's crazy. Not sure if the Raiders are literally just spending money at this point or if they think he's part of their plans but that suggests more than a flier. Unless there's only $200k guaranteed like in McFadden's. Still less base than Helu but very surprising.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

SpartyOn
All Pro
All Pro

Postby SpartyOn » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:36 am

zeeshan2 wrote:Per a league source, the Raiders are signing RB Trent Richardson.

— Scott Bair (@BairCSN) March 17, 2015
JaMarcus Russell 2.0 in the making. Jack in the Box must be happy with this signing. I don't think this does anything to Murray's value. I agree with a post above that their eventual starting RB could be drafted in May.