Jimmy Graham on the trade block (Edit: Graham to Seahawks!)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jimmy Graham on the trade block (Edit: Graham to Seahawk

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:59 pm

As a Graham owner in 2 leagues, I'm not thrilled. I'll gladly add a future 1st to him in an attempt to turn him into Gronk.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:00 pm

As a Wilson and Graham owner; I'm happy with the move.

Wilson gets a pretty big bump in my eyes as he has his first elite target ever.

Graham may stay about the same; the volume won't be there but the efficiency probably will.

Between Wilson, Lynch & Graham -- this team will be a monster in the red zone.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:03 pm

Whenever I watched Seattle, the big pass plays were almost all when Wilson scrambled to buy time, then hit a WR on intermediate and deep routes. I can see Graham getting a lot of big plays. How can he be covered for six to ten seconds on broken plays?

I agree he likely won't have the volume of targets he had in New Orleans, but that defense will keep the team in more games and I could see a few more TDs than usual.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:04 pm

EastonBlues22 wrote:All I'm saying is that SEA targeting a guy and bringing a high price to bring him doesn't exactly make him a lock to become a focal point of the offense.

Graham is a weapon, but SEA is a run-first spread the ball offense. He's not going to see the 130-150 targets that he saw in NO. The top two most targeted receivers for SEA last year totaled 167 targets. Expecting Graham to see 9-10 targets a game seems more like wishing than anything else.
Yeah, but your statistics on the top two guys in Seattle seeing 167 targets were from BEFORE they brought in the highest-paid and arguably most skilled receiving TE in the league. Thus, they aren't particularly relevant.

If they just wanted a blocking TE, there were far, far cheaper ways to accomplish that. They're planning to change their offense around to involve throwing to Graham, and I think you can bank on that. Now what that means for Graham in 2015 vs earlier Graham in NO is difficult to say. As a Graham owner I suspect a slight decline, but not enough to worry me or to change my top-two TEs. But that's just my feeling on it.

If I'm a Seattle fan, I'm super freakin' excited. Because that Seattle offense with Lynch resigned and now an absolute monster red zone receiving threat? Gotta be a Superbowl favorite again.

EastonBlues22
Role Player
Role Player

Postby EastonBlues22 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:16 pm

jeffster wrote:
EastonBlues22 wrote:All I'm saying is that SEA targeting a guy and bringing a high price to bring him doesn't exactly make him a lock to become a focal point of the offense.

Graham is a weapon, but SEA is a run-first spread the ball offense. He's not going to see the 130-150 targets that he saw in NO. The top two most targeted receivers for SEA last year totaled 167 targets. Expecting Graham to see 9-10 targets a game seems more like wishing than anything else.
Yeah, but your statistics on the top two guys in Seattle seeing 167 targets were from BEFORE they brought in the highest-paid and arguably most skilled receiving TE in the league. Thus, they aren't particularly relevant.

If they just wanted a blocking TE, there were far, far cheaper ways to accomplish that. They're planning to change their offense around to involve throwing to Graham, and I think you can bank on that. Now what that means for Graham in 2015 vs earlier Graham in NO is difficult to say. As a Graham owner I suspect a slight decline, but not enough to worry me or to change my top-two TEs. But that's just my feeling on it.

If I'm a Seattle fan, I'm super freakin' excited. Because that Seattle offense with Lynch resigned and now an absolute monster red zone receiving threat? Gotta be a Superbowl favorite again.
Who is saying they're bringing in Graham to be a blocking TE?

There's a ton of room between "blocking TE" and 130-150 targets. He could easily be the top receiving option and "only" see 110 targets (a 15-25% decrease from his usual NO workload). Projecting anything more than that is a complete leap of faith.
10 team Dynasty, 27 man roster [PPR, +1 Comp Pass/-1 Incomp Pass, 6 pts all TDs, 0.1 pts all Yds (including pass and return), Distance TD and Yd Milestone Bonuses]; Start: 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Brees, Romo, Bridgewater, Carr
RB: D. Murray, Yeldon, Hightower, Powell, Ajayi, Coleman, Mathews, McKinnon, Michael, B. Brown
WR: A. Brown, Cobb, Edelman, T. Benjamin, Gordon, Crabtree, Amendola, Aiken, K. Martin
TE: Gronkowski, Kelce, Eifert
Championships: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:42 pm

EastonBlues22 wrote:
jeffster wrote:

There's a ton of room between "blocking TE" and 130-150 targets. He could easily be the top receiving option and "only" see 110 targets (a 15-25% decrease from his usual NO workload). Projecting anything more than that is a complete leap of faith.
Really? You don't think they are going to pay Wilson 20 million a year to throw the ball 400 times, do you? This is a great move for the Hawks. Graham owners shouldn't be worried.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Graham can't block, just to clear that up.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:49 pm

This news really surprised me ..
@PlankMelody

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Just traded him yesterday for Antonio Brown..I'm liking that deal even better now, though I think Graham will still be fine... :dance:
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Skulls wrote:Just traded him yesterday for Antonio Brown..I'm liking that deal even better now, though I think Graham will still be fine... :dance:
I think Graham will be "fine" too, as in top 5-6 fine. I don't think he's an unquestioned top 2 TE in SEA though and that makes me ill.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:29 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:
Skulls wrote:Just traded him yesterday for Antonio Brown..I'm liking that deal even better now, though I think Graham will still be fine... :dance:
I think Graham will be "fine" too, as in top 5-6 fine. I don't think he's an unquestioned top 2 TE in SEA though and that makes me ill.
Who's going to pass him? JT went to Jacksonville, KC is paying Maclin 11 million, they are going to use him a ton, Reid will make sure of that, so Kelce's value certainly doesn't increase.
I think people are over-reacting. They aren't going to run Lynch into the ground anymore, they are balancing their offence. Wilson goes over 500 attempts IMO this year. My prediction is Graham matches his totals from last year. This move is good for him in the long run, NO's and the Brees era are almost done. Seattle is going to be a powerhouse for the next 3-5 years.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:32 pm

I too think people are overreacting. TE isn't exactly a top-heavy position. If anything; I think it just makes Gronk the undisputed #1 and Graham #2.

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:35 pm

PhadedCN wrote:I too think people are overreacting. TE isn't exactly a top-heavy position. If anything; I think it just makes Gronk the undisputed #1 and Graham #2.
I find it weird that people are thinking this is going to hurt his value so much (if at all). I still like him just as much as I did before.

To those who think this hurts his value, how much? What would it take to get him from you? Because I'm looking to become a buyer

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:
Who's going to pass him? JT went to Jacksonville, KC is paying Maclin 11 million, they are going to use him a ton, Reid will make sure of that, so Kelce's value certainly doesn't increase.
I think people are over-reacting. They aren't going to run Lynch into the ground anymore, they are balancing their offence. Wilson goes over 500 attempts IMO this year. My prediction is Graham matches his totals from last year. This move is good for him in the long run, NO's and the Brees era are almost done. Seattle is going to be a powerhouse for the next 3-5 years.
This deal kills Seattle. They're going to be good this year, and then all the money they have to pay everyone kicks in, and they've traded away multiple firsts (cheap talent) for expensive vets now. Def not a powerhouse next 3-5 years. And why isn't anyone concerned as to why NO would just trade away Graham like that? As it's been stated, it doesn't really help their cap situation, could they be worried about the fact he's always injured? Good thing he went to the weakest hitting division in the NFL. :crazy:

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:40 pm

EastonBlues22 wrote:
jeffster wrote:

I'll back you up on this one Easton. I can MAYBE buy that Graham's value stays the same but I cannot fathom how anyone think it goes up by going to Seattle.

For everyone saying Harvin was a 'gimmick' WR...he wasn't until he came to Seattle. Yes, he's not the same type of player as Graham but they gave up a 1st round pick and paid him $10M a year. Yes Harvin was hurt but they used him like he was a 6th round draft pick who was a special teams expert. Between Rushing and Receving yards Harvin had been on pace for 1000 yards the past 3 years and 1300 for the past 2. He actually hit those numbers in 2011 when he stayed healthy. And that was with Christian freaking Ponder as his QB. So with the salary and pick the Seahawks gave up it was guaranteed that he'd be the focal point of their offense right? Nope.

And what about Golden Tate? Just a middling WR right? Never worth 100 targets in Seattle and never sniffed 1000 yards. Then, all of a sudden Tate leaves and gets 144 targets and hauls in 1331 yards.

And Jimmy Graham is used to getting 125 - 140 targets and scoring 10-16 TDs. How exactly is he going to improve those numbers? Did I mention that Russell Wilson has never had a 1000 yard receiver nor a player with 100 targets? I whole heartedly agree that this is a huge bump for Wilson. Graham will get over 100 targets and could very well go 1000-10 again but it is WAY more likely that this is a downgrade for Jimmy Graham than an upgrade.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League