What's Happening in Philly?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Farley
Captain
Captain

Re: What's Happening in Philly?

Postby Farley » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:15 pm

How about this?
"Beat writer Jimmy Kempski has heard the Eagles believe Josh Huff has more upside than Jordan Matthews."

We sure Chip's not seeing things through neon green and yellow colored glasses?

krackback
Rookie
Rookie

Postby krackback » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:34 pm

ericanadian wrote:
krackback wrote:
PierreThePainter wrote:As a Broncos fan this situation is starting to feel similar to McDaniels here a few years ago.
I'm a Bronco fan too and was thinking the same thing. Broncos hired McDaniels after he was the offensive cordinator for Brady/Moss year that they almost went undefeated and had one of the best offenses ever. Much like Chip he was a offensive guru and he is making big time moves like trading Cutler and Marshall. Chip is a better Head coach IMO then McDaniel was and i think he can make these moves work. I like what they are doing. Think about what the Broncos would look like if the had kept Cutler and Marshall. No DT, No P. Manning, they would be on the bottom of the division if they didn't make those moves.
That's some pretty weak linkage there. Cutler was traded to Chicago for essentially Robert Ayers, Robert Quinn & yes, DT in a roundabout way. For Marshall they got picks that they packed and turned into Tim Tebow & Orlando Franklin.

For Marshall, that trade looks terrible even now. The Cutler one looks great, but the thing is, they still could've gotten DT if they simply hadn't traded their own first to pick Alphonso Smith the year before.

Overall, McDaniels got lucky. His moves were terrible and he happened to hit on DT, which he probably could've done even had he not made all sorts of moves.
I never said that the picks turned into anything. The void left by not having a QB and WR correlates to them getting DT and later down the road P. Manning. If they signed Cutler to a long term contract they would have never be able to sign P. Manning. Marshall would have never signed in Denver because of the shooting of Darrent Williams. He had to move B. Marshall due to him instigating the shooting so i wasn't a big move just had to do it. Just saying sometimes blowing up your team is the best thing you can do and can translate into positive outcomes. Talent is important but having talent that fits the scheme is the key to success.
TEAM 6th Year Start Up Dynasty 12 Team, 18 man roster 1.0 PPR QB, 1-3RBs, 1-3WRs, TE, K, DEF
YEAR#1 6-7 YEAR#2 6-7 YEAR#3 4-9 Year#4 Champ Year#5 Champ

QB Wentz
RB Hunt, McCoy, D. Johnson, G Bernard
WR D. Adams, D. Moncrief, A. Robinson, Fitz, Godwin, Gordon, Shepard
TE Eifert, Njoku, Everett, Kroft
K Harrison
DEF Steelers
Picks 1.03,1.06,1.12,2.07,2.08

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:48 pm

trc wrote:
TommyL31 wrote:... then they went on a decade long dry spell of being a good regular season team who couldn't win it all. It took getting defensive players back to return to glory. And Chip hasn't even won anything yet.

Scheme is great, but you need some talent too.
And what have you been drinking?

Granted they didn't win any rings, but still in that decade they had 5 AFC title game apperances and 2 Super Bowl apperances, thats not your regular-season-team-only stats.
Been drinking that New England water and I can tell you that once you've won, making it to the playoffs or even the super bowl isn't enough after that. Those high flying years like 08 were great for the stat sheets but without some balance they were doomed to fail.

Chip Kelly may think he's the equivalent of Pat Riley putting together the showtime Lakers but if he thinks he can do it without some top end talent with experience and tread left on the tire he's just going to end up with. Mike D'antoni's. Suns. Sorry for the cross sport reference. I couldn't think of a football one that apt.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Even Frank Gore doesn't believe in what Chip Kelly is doing. He backed out after they let Maclin walk and now looks to be heading to Indy because he wants to play for a winner.

Patmos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patmos » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:26 am

Another crazy speculation on PFT today....but it almost makes too much sense: if the Eagles can't trade up far enough to get Mariota, they will trade Foles for Kaepernick, and both teams get a solid QB who is a better fit for their system.
aka Indy Speedway in the Lead Dog Championship League

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:37 am

Patmos wrote:Another crazy speculation on PFT today....but it almost makes too much sense: if the Eagles can't trade up far enough to get Mariota, they will trade Foles for Kaepernick, and both teams get a solid QB who is a better fit for their system.
Kap wasn't a fit for Harbaugh/Roman's offense, who are no longer there anymore.

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:40 am

Chip is going to turn this team into an Oakland Raiders style dumpster fire. He needs to stop trying to be a little tinpot dictator and realize that you cant treat NFL men like young boys who are away from home for the first time. His system is a joke that repeatedly puts his d behind the 8-Ball. He has done nothing to garner total control over the roster. Yes he has made good use of Reeds players in getting his team to the playoffs. However, just like his time at Oregon, once his gimicky system meets up with a physical traditional style team his squad gets exposed. Sorry for the rant but this guy might be the most overrated coach on any level. I truly feel sorry for eagles fans watching him make so many bad moves.

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:53 am

And another point, what free agent who didn't play under Chip at Oregon would want to sign with the eagles while this guy is in charge? After the kind of moves he has made nobody can feel safe, even if you put up probowl numbers your place isn't safe. Its no wonder Gore backed out on them.

mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Jersey sales will have to plummet. I wouldn't want to invest in anyone haha
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- Kyler, TLaw Stafford
RB-
WR- JJ, Lamb, ARSB, DJM, Kirk QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Wilkins, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Landry Ebukam
LB- Campbell,Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.02, 1.11
3 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:54 pm

All that salary dumping was for....Sam "No Knees" Bradford?

Can we start questioning Chip's plan now? Obviously Frank Gore was more than just a little sceptical.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:00 pm

Chip Kelly is insane. Completely lost his marbles.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

krackback
Rookie
Rookie

Postby krackback » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:22 pm

Does Tenn at 1.02 in draft what Bradford, maybe its to trade up to 1.02? Locker is off to play baseball and all they have is Mett. Tenn might be thinking QB at that spot now.
TEAM 6th Year Start Up Dynasty 12 Team, 18 man roster 1.0 PPR QB, 1-3RBs, 1-3WRs, TE, K, DEF
YEAR#1 6-7 YEAR#2 6-7 YEAR#3 4-9 Year#4 Champ Year#5 Champ

QB Wentz
RB Hunt, McCoy, D. Johnson, G Bernard
WR D. Adams, D. Moncrief, A. Robinson, Fitz, Godwin, Gordon, Shepard
TE Eifert, Njoku, Everett, Kroft
K Harrison
DEF Steelers
Picks 1.03,1.06,1.12,2.07,2.08

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:48 am

I just want to be a fly on the wall in Chip Kelly's office this week. It would be fascinating.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:34 am

I think I am the lone (possibly delusional) Eagles fan who loves what Chip is doing
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15