Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby Cherokee » Sat May 05, 2018 2:31 am

Not a podcast but on youtube Jeff Schlegel has a channel that is outstanding. He is literally the most underrated sports talker on youtube. Check it out!
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ToddFarthouse » Sat May 05, 2018 6:10 am

Jason3123 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:18 pm I used to enjoy UTH a lot but it has definitely declined which is unfortunate cause I think Chad is one of the better analysts out there but his co-hosts aren't on his level. Chad is also too value focused at times for me. I hate hearing about the value of a player. That one guy Izzy from DTC used to say value in every damn sentence regarding a player. Ugh
I think that’s become the consensus. I used to enjoy them even if they were extremely youth oriented. Atleast it was a different view. But now it seems like they don’t plant a flag when it comes to current rookies. Instead they tell you about the players that they told you about before that hit and they took in the 3rd round of drafts. Katie on the show is horrible with this, I’m not sure what leagues she is in but she will talk about a rookie she is taking in the fourth round when I’m yelling because that rookie isn’t going later than the end of the second everywhere except ‘super flex idp where you get bonuses according to hand size’.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

HWfloss
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby HWfloss » Sat May 05, 2018 8:58 am

ToddFarthouse wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:10 am
Jason3123 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:18 pm I used to enjoy UTH a lot but it has definitely declined which is unfortunate cause I think Chad is one of the better analysts out there but his co-hosts aren't on his level. Chad is also too value focused at times for me. I hate hearing about the value of a player. That one guy Izzy from DTC used to say value in every damn sentence regarding a player. Ugh
I think that’s become the consensus. I used to enjoy them even if they were extremely youth oriented. Atleast it was a different view. But now it seems like they don’t plant a flag when it comes to current rookies. Instead they tell you about the players that they told you about before that hit and they took in the 3rd round of drafts. Katie on the show is horrible with this, I’m not sure what leagues she is in but she will talk about a rookie she is taking in the fourth round when I’m yelling because that rookie isn’t going later than the end of the second everywhere except ‘super flex idp where you get bonuses according to hand size’.
It's not a cheap subscription, but I think the premium podcasts on UTH are great. They put out a ton and cover all relevant rookies as well as give their perspective and thoughts on drafts they're doing......start-up and rookie. I find it especially helps for qp/te premium drafts. I think they only use Jordan McNamara on the premium content which is a bummer. Probably isn't worth the cost if you're not a believer in their general "youth driven" strategy, although seems they've become a but more flexible on that over the last couple years.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Best Dynasty Podcasts?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 12, 2019 4:18 am

This seems like advertising.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun May 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Either the original post was deleted or I am missing something.

NFLMAX
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby NFLMAX » Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 pm

I guess they deleted it because I was asking what are some of your favorite podcasts for dynasty and then I also asked if anyone ever heard of the NFLMAX... 🙄

Some of my favorites are
DLF
FBG
Rotoworld
The FF Dynasty
RotoViz
UTH
Dynasty Nerds
DTC
DHH

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun May 12, 2019 12:52 pm

DTC and Dynasty Tradecast were probably my top 2 but recently had to move from 3 hosts to 2 which is just an inferior format for my taste. Discovered Trade Addicts recently and I enjoy the content but it's regularly 90+ minutes so can't listen at normal speed

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 12, 2019 1:23 pm

NFLMAX wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 pmI guess they deleted it
I deleted it because your post was blatant advertising. The only reason to post the topic was to advertise your brand, which became obvious because you didn't mention anyone else. It was starting to be a thread just dedicated to your pod. Didn't seem right.

We here at DLF love other sources of information, so we celebrate when others have something to share. But come on man... don't make it so obvious. :D

I didn't delete the thread because I thought it was thread worthy, and figured you could then reappear and then mention your pod and it wouldn't then be too obvious the second time around. For what it's worth I checked it out. Very professional.

That said, I know it isn't a dynasty pod, but the CBS crew has always been my favorite. Those guys know their stuff, and our own Ryan McDowell was a special guest not too long ago. It's the only pod not mentioned yet that I also happen to like.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 12, 2019 1:49 pm

Here’s my breakdown-

Dynasty Tradecast (Rotoviz)- Consistently the best content; audio quality isn’t as good as some of the others.
Other Rotoviz Podcasts- Generally very solid, although sometimes hard to sift through dynasty vs. redraft.
Dynasty Blueprint- consistently very good. Ryan McDowell is fantastic, of course. Matt Williamson is fine, but doesn’t strike me as much of a dynasty mind.
DTC Main- Izzy and Nick are interesting, but man, Nick Whalen seems like a fraud who just eats tape and doesn’t understand what qualities actually make a successful RB/WR. Their banter is solid and they do disagree with each other, which is nice.
Dynasty Nerds- Idiots. Entertaining idiots, but idiots. The only podcast that talks about how well they do re: prognostication, and they don’t do that well. They represent the lowest common denominator of dynasty players.
UTH- Way better now than 3 years ago. Tim and Katie’s open admiration for Chad is super weird to listen to, but this is fine.
DLF- consistently worth listening to. I would suggest that the “by division” format isn’t really useful.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun May 12, 2019 2:17 pm

UTH is a fave of mine.
Anything with Ryan McDowell is solid.
Also enjoy Roto Underground...although that one’s not safe for work.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:17 pm UTH is a fave of mine.
Roto Underground interesting I've never heard of that one. I know of Rotounderworld though. Agree on Mcdowell. If all the hosts represented different locations in Monopoly he would be Boardwalk lol.

Dynasty War Zone, Dynasty Happy Hour, Aussie Guys, Dynasty Trades HQ, Dynasty Dude, and The FF Dynasty are all fun listens. Im so glad to hear someone else call out Whalen for being a bum. He touts players who arent very good, and on top of that rip others for disagreeing. Hes like Matt Kelley except inaccurate.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 pm Im so glad to hear someone else call out Whalen for being a bum. He touts players who arent very good, and on top of that rip others for disagreeing. Hes like Matt Kelley except inaccurate.
I would say he's like a mean spirited Matt Kelley. DTC used to be my favorite listen but then they put Whalen on the show, and i think he's off the show now but they upload very sporadically.

Dynasty Nerds was my favorite format, they talked about all the interesting news and notes of the week. Now what they said about it is maybe a different story, but I like that they went over it all. However I think they are going with the paid stuff now so their weekly podcast will be a bunch of crap just like the other paid podcasts (UTH quality fell off a cliff. I actually tried the premium podcasts for a few months but they're kinda crap too. Or I just hate listening to Jordan Macnamara.)

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun May 12, 2019 4:12 pm

I mainly just listen to Matt Kelley and JJ Zachariason. Kelley cracks me up, but I also appreciate that his perspective is entirely metrics driven and not influenced by TV watching. JJ’s pods are pretty short (almost always under 20 min). He’s not the showman that Kelley is, but he’s really bright and packs a lot of info into such a short run time.

That’s about all I have time for, since I’m also a huge wrestling nerd and listen to Busted Open every weekday, in addition to occasionally checking out Jim Ross and Jim Cornette’s pods.

That said, if anyone has any recommendations for other analytics focused, non-film grinder dynasty pods, I’m all ears.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

NFLMAX
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby NFLMAX » Sun May 12, 2019 5:11 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:23 pm For what it's worth I checked it out. Very professional.
Thanks Mike we truly appreciate all the kind words! 👍🏻

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:17 pm UTH is a fave of mine.
Roto Underground interesting I've never heard of that one. I know of Rotounderworld though. Agree on Mcdowell. If all the hosts represented different locations in Monopoly he would be Boardwalk lol.

Dynasty War Zone, Dynasty Happy Hour, Aussie Guys, Dynasty Trades HQ, Dynasty Dude, and The FF Dynasty are all fun listens. Im so glad to hear someone else call out Whalen for being a bum. He touts players who arent very good, and on top of that rip others for disagreeing. Hes like Matt Kelley except inaccurate.
Probably means Rotounderworld. Regardless of whether or not you like Matt Kelley, I find him the most entertaining. He brings the "professional Wrestling" tactic as he puts it, to other podcasters he doesn't like. Nick Whalen being the latest. His show is meandering but his editing and flow has become very refined from his earlier days, so a 2 hour show doesn't seem to drag. Some people find him abrasive, and I used to, but it's definitely a character of sorts, and you either like it or you don't, I think.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick