Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby heydangle » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Dynasty nerds is almost unlistenable. Almost lol

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:29 am

Dynasty blueprint has been excellent for the last few weeks

dynasty42
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dynasty42 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:53 am

Try Dynasty Trade Calculator. They are fun to listen to and they are not too extreme in any way. They focus on value which is nice. And they have a doc on for injury stuff.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:25 am

FiremanEd wrote:Two questions:

1. Why is it so common that the podcast make a mistake and clearly talk like it will be edited out, yet it doesn't? Don't they either know if they can edit, in which case fine, or know they can't, in which case wouldn't you carry on like nothing? It happens frequently I find.

2. How can I take people seriously when they say things like 'I don't really know any Devy', or 'who is that WR from LSU...starts with a D I think', but are talking Devy anyway...it's clear you don't know about it so why talk about it? How can I put any credibility into you?

More and more I find that people on a pod are just people with a voice, not necessarily people who are more knowledgable. Sort of like the old 'check my post count' insinuation I saw in the past...FYI, post count means you post, doesn't mean you post knowledge.
Hey Ed, thanks for the response and comments.

1. Editing the show is easily the hardest part of the production process. And quite often the guys doing the audio editing have no previous experience, they have either had to figure it out for themselves or have been trained to do it. And it is very time consuming. We certainly do our best, and try to catch all of the needed edits, but some do get missed. Just know you are typically not hearing all of the changes. It's not an excuse, we really do air for the best possible audio quality. It's just not always easy to hit that for folks who are not by trade or inclination audio engineers.

2. Some guys on the show have certain strengths. Some may know specific formats really well, like auction or superflex, but not be really experienced in other areas, like devy or IDP. But when they are all talking about a specific topic, they are going to chime in, but usually they will qualify their comments with something like "I don't play in any devy leagues, but what's up with that Fournette guy." Usually after listening to any pod for a while you lean who has what strengths, so just focus on those. Which, given that you listen to far too many pods like I do, you are probably already doing anyway.

And yes, to be honest, almost every single person in this industry, writing articles, doing rankings, giving advice, etc, is just a guy.. or gal. A few exceptions out there, guys like Ross Tucker, Matt Williamson, Evan Silva, etc have do this for a living and have some special credentials or experience, but most just do this in addition to their normal day job. The difference between many of these guys with a platform and someone who just really knows their stuff (like so many here on the forum) when you start creating stuff to share with a large audience, you are forced to (or at least should be trying to) internally vet your material, check your sources, and strive to be credible and accurate. Having a process for ensuring quality is a key component to long term success as a fantasy analysts. Some are better at it than others. Find those guys who are good at it, key in on them, but also keep an open mind to other, newer contributors getting a start.

Hope that helps, thanks again for the comments!

KM

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:36 am

dlf_kenm wrote:Hey Ed, thanks for the response and comments.

1. Editing the show is easily the hardest part of the production process. And quite often the guys doing the audio editing have no previous experience, they have either had to figure it out for themselves or have been trained to do it. And it is very time consuming. We certainly do our best, and try to catch all of the needed edits, but some do get missed. Just know you are typically not hearing all of the changes. It's not an excuse, we really do air for the best possible audio quality. It's just not always easy to hit that for folks who are not by trade or inclination audio engineers.

2. Some guys on the show have certain strengths. Some may know specific formats really well, like auction or superflex, but not be really experienced in other areas, like devy or IDP. But when they are all talking about a specific topic, they are going to chime in, but usually they will qualify their comments with something like "I don't play in any devy leagues, but what's up with that Fournette guy." Usually after listening to any pod for a while you lean who has what strengths, so just focus on those. Which, given that you listen to far too many pods like I do, you are probably already doing anyway.

And yes, to be honest, almost every single person in this industry, writing articles, doing rankings, giving advice, etc, is just a guy.. or gal. A few exceptions out there, guys like Ross Tucker, Matt Williamson, Evan Silva, etc have do this for a living and have some special credentials or experience, but most just do this in addition to their normal day job. The difference between many of these guys with a platform and someone who just really knows their stuff (like so many here on the forum) when you start creating stuff to share with a large audience, you are forced to (or at least should be trying to) internally vet your material, check your sources, and strive to be credible and accurate. Having a process for ensuring quality is a key component to long term success as a fantasy analysts. Some are better at it than others. Find those guys who are good at it, key in on them, but also keep an open mind to other, newer contributors getting a start.

KM
Thanks for the details Ken. I should note that by no means was i referring to any one podcast with my comments, DLF or otherwise. As a football and podcast fan, I appreciate listening to everything I can find (and stomach) and understand that you got to take everything with a grain of salt here or there. No one has all the answers on everything and you need to navigate as a listener accordingly. It is a hobby and like everything, there is a balancing act between the hobby and real life. Verbal feedback on a podcast is the same as here on the forum, just a different means of communicating the information by different individuals.

I feel like I already said a lot and don't want to drag it out, but did just want to take the moment to ensure it was clarified that I wasn't intending to be overly critical with my initial comments given they've driven a few notable responses. I do very much appreciate the insights on the editing side, as I'm sure i've underestimated the efforts required to do it. Perhaps the ones i listen to that often overlook this do actually edit it a lot and just miss some. Who knows. Frankly, i appreciate hearing the behind the scenes, it adds a more 'human' element to it.

Now if only there were more hours in the days to actually get through all the different options out there. More and more seem to be popping up. Dynasty is definitely growing in popularity...

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:15 pm

heydangle wrote:Dynasty nerds is almost unlistenable. Almost lol
Just curious, but why do you find it almost unlistenable? I find it's one of the few I can bare. Just wondering if I'm missing something..

Then again, don't tell me because I won't be able to stand it after haha
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

joe8201
Rookie
Rookie

Postby joe8201 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:40 am

Over the past year I've really gotten into listening to the RotoViz podcasts. They don't focus on dynasty per say, but they're very heavily analytics based and I think they're easy to listen to without getting annoyed. The Dynasty One podcast with the former DLF podcast hosts I enjoy as well. There are others, but those are the main two in addition to the DLF Dynasty Podcast.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:09 am

FiremanEd wrote:
dlf_kenm wrote:Hey Ed, thanks for the response and comments.

KM
Thanks for the details Ken. I should note that by no means was i referring to any one podcast with my comments, DLF or otherwise. As a football and podcast fan, I appreciate listening to everything I can find (and stomach) and understand that you got to take everything with a grain of salt here or there. No one has all the answers on everything and you need to navigate as a listener accordingly. It is a hobby and like everything, there is a balancing act between the hobby and real life. Verbal feedback on a podcast is the same as here on the forum, just a different means of communicating the information by different individuals.

I feel like I already said a lot and don't want to drag it out, but did just want to take the moment to ensure it was clarified that I wasn't intending to be overly critical with my initial comments given they've driven a few notable responses. I do very much appreciate the insights on the editing side, as I'm sure i've underestimated the efforts required to do it. Perhaps the ones i listen to that often overlook this do actually edit it a lot and just miss some. Who knows. Frankly, i appreciate hearing the behind the scenes, it adds a more 'human' element to it.

Now if only there were more hours in the days to actually get through all the different options out there. More and more seem to be popping up. Dynasty is definitely growing in popularity...
No worries, certainly not taking it personally. And what I said definitely applies to other pods as well. And s for the time thing, I agree, I try to listen to as many different FFB podcasts as possible, partially because I like to consume info that way, but I also really like finding new pods that surprise me with their quality.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the comments, and thinks for listening/reading/posting.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:28 pm

This is very much a work in progress, but I thought I'd share some of my feeds or pod lists including team specific podcasts. I am still researching/listening to new pods and I am thinking of doing a review on some of them as I go along ..

I also would like to add that since I have been listening to so many, I have grown to appreciate the more to the point with the most insight or useful information. I find single hosts very hard to listen to .. I also prefer the more professional radio types that actually are involved with the teams, ie, going to OTA's, practices, ex-coaches, players ..

I use Beyond Pod for android, RSS feeds and updates .. RSS program I use for news is QuiteRSS

Dynasty Podcasts/Fantasy geared (these are actually ranked to current preference):
NFL Insiders
Footballguys.com
Rotoviz Radio
DLF FilMetrx Podcast
Pro Football Weekly Podcast (They just bring a different game to the table with their guests)
The Bull Rush Podcast
Saturday2Sunday Football Podcast (very underrated pod, more buzz should be around these guys)
Dynasty Trade Calculator
Dynasty Blueprint
Rotoworld Football Podcast
FantasyGuru.com
The Most Accurate Podcast
Fantasy Football Fire - Pyro Podcast
Draft Sharks Fantasy Football Podcast
The Dynasty Playbook (they include IDP)
Under the Helmet (show used to be much higher on the list)
PFF Radio -Fantasy Slant (some IDP)
PFF Podcast
Football Diehards Podcast (even though this hosts that Kelly guy, I find this one much more tolerable :p)
DLF Dynasty Podcast
=========================== The below list are not weekly listens, but if the topic is interesting or I am out of Pods to listen to
Inside the Pylon (20 min clips, hard for a drive to sit back and listen to, plus a lot of kicker talk, heh..if you play with K's, Friday is K day)
Overtime Ireland
The DFS Power Hour
Dynasty Pulse (never in headphones, no one ever mutes their mics, so its like someone breathing in your ear, ugh)
Move the Sticks (only in rotation before the draft)
Harris Football Podcast (I like Chris' analysis a lot, I just really can't stand a single host .. so only listen when its a topic I need to know about)
Fantasy Focus Football (like the Thu shows with Stephania Bell)
The Faked Goods
Audibles (I really only look for Farrar and Cossell, liked them together when they did Chalk Talk)

I've recently cleaned up my lists. So if not listed, they've probably been cut from rotation.

Team Specific Pods (no specific order):
Browns Plainly Podcast (Daily show, hard to keep up with, but some really good info)
The Detroit Lions Podcast (only listened to one show so far, very long show almost 2 hours, left it without much info)
Dome Patrol Podcast (New Orleans, fan show)
Houston Texans Official Podcast (Main host is John Harris, this is a very good daily pod, they also do two video shows during the week, texans official web page media page is very good)
State of the Texans (haven't listened to yet, just found it)
The Better Rivals 49ers Podcast (part of SB, they like covering schemes so very instructional as well)
AFC East Bros (Listened to a few of the podcasts, but man they argue and get upset.. heh, we'll see how it goes)
Seahawks Morning Blitz (usually a 5-10 min pod announcing Seattle sports news)
Steelers Podcast - The Terrible Podcast (been enjoying this one so far)
Purple FTW! Podcast (features Andy Carlson, he is interesting but its a solo show, as he says, "he's a jackass fan with a microphone" heh)
The Three Deep Podcast (MIN, haven't listened yet, but it looks very interesting featuring @SKOLTScott, @joeoberle, @purplePTSD)
Packers Unscripted (really have enjoyed the shows I've listened to, in the 20 to 30 min range)
Cooley and Kevin (Radio show available, Washington Redskins, is a 4 hour show, divided up in 4 parts daily, very hard to keep up with)
Steel City Underground (Pretty much daily, but a solo endeavor, but he does have guests)
The Sea Hawkers Podcast (an Official Pod of the Official Booster Club, listened to one episode so far, enjoyed it)
BS and Beer New Orleans Saints (dislocated Saint fans in Kentucky)
Real in the Field Gulls (SEA, recent change of Pod hosts, seems decent so far)
Buccaneers Official Pod (audio version of their app content, usually a half hour of news)
PFW in Progress (Patriots Podcast, shows go pretty long, hard to judge the content at the moment since DeflateGate is ongoing, takes up some bandwidth)
Chicago Bears All Access Podcast (shorter almost Daily Pods, good info, good hosting)
LA Rams Podcast (brand new pod)
Minnesota Vikings - Wobcast (episode I listened to, the host was filling in, so undecided)
Pride of Detroit - Pretty much daily podcast of good length
Rams Showcase (not sure it will make the cut)
Check With Me (KC, seems good so far)
Detroit Lions Radio
PhinManiacs Live (unsure if I like it at this time)
Purple Reign Show (Ravens, unsure if I like it at this time)
C3 Carolina Panthers Podcast (these guys are eager and obvious fans, but I have yet to finish an episode, wish there were more Panther options out there)
Saints Happy Hour (pretty funny show, sponsored by a bar in New Orleans)
JetNation Radio (really liked the one episode I listened to)
Jaguars Radio (has a radio personality similar to Ross Tucker)
Eagle Eye in the Sky Podcast (probably the best pod on the list so far)
The CAW (will listen in season, Ravens Podcast)
Cincinnati Enquirer Bengals Beat Podcast
View from the Cheapseats (single host, but does have guests, Vikings podcast)
Underhill and West (new orleans, look forward to listening in season, like Underhill work as a beat reporter)
MCM Radio: The Tennessee Titans (haven't listened yet)
The No-Huddle Show (Eagles, haven't listened yet)
Talk is Cheap (New York Giants, haven't listened yet)
BSN Denver Broncos Podcast (haven't listened yet)
New York Giants Audio Podcast (haven't listened yet)
BN Blitz Bills
Norse Code (undecided if I like it yet)
The PewterCast (Bucs pod)
The View from 316 (Seahawks)
The Dawg House (really enjoyed the one episode I listened to, look forward to more)
Raider Fan Podcast (haven't listened yet)
Patriots Playbook (")
FalcFans Podcast (official pod, some good info and discussions of players, will be in rotation)
Building the Herd (Unlistened)
Patriots Roster Report (short clips, designed for in season up to the minute reporting)
On Air with Star Magazine (DAL)
Talkin' Cowboys (enjoyed the one episode I listened to)
TSS: Purple Mafia (Unlistened)
Cowboys Break (enjoyed the one episode I listened to)
The Oakland Raiders Finest Hour (a fine podcast, will be added to the rotation, probably the second best on the list)
Phinsider Radio (undecided)
========================= no current Pods, we'll see which come alive during mini-camp
Inside the Jungle (more in season)
The Pod (Miami Dolphins, so far I have not really enjoyed the Dolphin podcasts, still looking for the one I like)
Rams Ramble On
Unsquish the Fish
Packers Fan Podcast
Bills and Beers
New York Jet Fuel
New York Jets Life Podcast
BoltsCast
The Finsiders
Harry Hog Football (WAS)
The EasyOnMYEagles Show
EaglesFanCast
Jets Audibles
Eagles Insider Podcast
Check it to Pancakes (Colts)

============================ few official pods have to decide in season:
Arizona Cardinals Podcasts (official feed with a few different pods)
The Los Angeles Ram Rods
Raiders.com
Denver Broncos Podcasts
Chiefs Download Podcasts
Official Philadelphia Eagles Podcasts
Brownscast
BoltTalk

The goal is to have at least one go to Podcast that I like for each NFL team, if you know of some let me know!
@PlankMelody

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:08 am

Plank wrote:This is very much a work in progress, but I thought I'd share some of my feeds or pod lists including team specific podcasts. I am still researching/listening to new pods and I am thinking of doing a review on some of them as I go along .. SNIP
That is an exhaustive list sir. Would be interested in hearing your views on some of them
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:55 am

Tampa Bay Podcast:

http://commishonline.podbean.com/

Hosts:
Justin Pawlowski (@commishonline)
Luke Easterling (@LukeEasterling)

Excellent sound quality. Episode lengths range from 20 to 75 minutes..

Justin Pawlowski has appeared on local radio 620-AM and more recently on 1010-AM.

Luke Easterling has 14 years of experience as an NFL Draft Scout, writer, and analyst. He also a former college QB. He is currently the Editor & Senior Writer for The Draft Report.
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:14 am

Packers:

Website is on the Packers.com website, here is the link to the current epsiode:
http://www.packers.com/media-center/vid ... 546dfe815c

Hosts:
Mike Spofford (@mikespofford)
Wes Hodkiewicz (@WesHod)

Mike Spofford is the senior writer fro packers.com since 2006 and has been a sports writer in Wisconsin since 1995.

Wes is staff writer with packers.com since April and is a Packers Beat Reporter for the Green Bay Press-Gazette since 2006.

Good sound quality. Episode lengths for the off season have been around the 20 min mark
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:36 am

Giants:

Available on many feeds, here is the podbean: http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/6 ... io-Podcast

Hosts:
Lance Medow (@LanceMedow)
Paul Dottino (@GiantsWFAN)

Lance Medow is a Sports Broadcaster currently with Giants.com, Sirius XM, Westwood One Radio, previous work with ESPN Radio network ..

Paul Dottino is WFAN reporter, NYGiants host/reporter, and NFL Network contributor.

Excellent sound quality, this is a daily show during the week, more along the lines of a radio show, take callers, twitter questions, episodes appear to be around 45 min in length.
They also bring in a lot of guests.
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:50 am

Raiders:

http://www.raidersfinesthour.com/
(@RaidersFinestHR)

Hosts:
Timmy Fitz (@TimmyFitz76)
Todd Allen (@FinestHourTodd)

Fitz has been a journalist for over 15 years and is a play-by-play voice, producer, engineer, and creator of broadcast stream picked up by KZCT 89.5 FM & KVON 1440 AM.
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Eagles:

http://eagleeye.eaglesradio.libsynpro.com/

Host:
Fran Duffy (@fduffy3)

Fran Duffy is the Video Content Manager of the Philadelphia Eagles, TV/Web Producer, former Football Video Coordinator for Temple U, and a NFL Draft Junkie.

Fran Duffy hosts this alone, but always has a guest. So far, this has been my favorite podcast I've found. Highly recommended, not just for Eagles news, but to learn more about football.
@PlankMelody