Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:20 pm

If I hear Izzy say one more time he'd reject a 1 for 1 trade for a player he likes more simply b/c the "value" isn't there I'm going to throw my phone against the wall.

Zebrahead07
Starter
Starter

Postby Zebrahead07 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:13 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:If I hear Izzy say one more time he'd reject a 1 for 1 trade for a player he likes more simply b/c the "value" isn't there I'm going to throw my phone against the wall.
THANK YOU. It's so annoying, he can never give a straight answer without talking about a scenario where he can flip the player. I understand this show is about trade value, but this is ridiculous.
12 Team .5PPR IDP 30 Man Roster 8 Taxi 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1 Flex-1PK-2DL-2LB-2DB-1Flex

QB: K. Murray, D. Mills
RB: J. Williams A. Kamara, A. Gibson, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, D’. Johnson
WR: J. Waddle, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, M. Pittman, OBJ, J. Jones, R. Gage, B. Edwards
TE: K. Pitts, Albert O., C. Brate, J. Everette
DL: D. Hunter, B. Burns, M. Sweat, R. Gregory, C. Lawson
LB: L. Wilson, J Hicks, P. Werner
DB: K. Hamilton, T. Rapp

SF 12 Team 1PPR 24 Man Roster 4 Taxi 1QB-2RB-3WR-1TE-1SF-2Flex

QB: L. Jackson, J. Burrow, D. Lock, J. Brisett, T. Huntley
RB: M. Sanders, D. Harris, K. Herbert, T. Sermon
WR: T. Higgins, D. Johnson, D.J. Moore, M. Pittman, G. Davis, A. St. Brown, J. Landry, J. Meyers, L. Shenault, J. Palmer, C. Austin
TE: K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, T. Higbee, G. Everette

Taxi:
Z. White RB
B. Robinson RB
A. Smith RB
S. Moore WR

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:33 pm

I attempted to quote myself and seem to have gotten myself mixed up, but in a nutshell, I agree Delorian. Said the same thing back in June:

"would take X because they have more value then deal them for Y+' is another classic. Yes, we know the market value, but which do you like more if you had to choose one for your team to keep? Which player do you like more as a football player? Put your backing to something. Most just avoid these days."

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:28 pm

FiremanEd wrote:I attempted to quote myself and seem to have gotten myself mixed up, but in a nutshell, I agree Delorian. Said the same thing back in June:

"would take X because they have more value then deal them for Y+' is another classic. Yes, we know the market value, but which do you like more if you had to choose one for your team to keep? Which player do you like more as a football player? Put your backing to something. Most just avoid these days."
Agree. Use pods to see what valuation of player is AND hopefully some statistical or scouting or other rationale for assessed value of said player(s).
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

izzye03
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby izzye03 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Hotchocolate wrote:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:If I hear Izzy say one more time he'd reject a 1 for 1 trade for a player he likes more simply b/c the "value" isn't there I'm going to throw my phone against the wall.
THANK YOU. It's so annoying, he can never give a straight answer without talking about a scenario where he can flip the player. I understand this show is about trade value, but this is ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more. That Izzy is the ultimate tool shed! Honestly, I appreciate the feedback, but it's how I build my teams. I plant my flags on players, but I still refuse to lose current value for a future prediction. There is always a deal I can get where I'm maximizing my current players value. Hopefully it's not too unbearable where you can't listen to the show any further.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:44 pm

dlf_izzye wrote:
I couldn't agree more. That Izzy is the ultimate tool shed! Honestly, I appreciate the feedback, but it's how I build my teams. I plant my flags on players, but I still refuse to lose current value for a future prediction. There is always a deal I can get where I'm maximizing my current players value. Hopefully it's not too unbearable where you can't listen to the show any further.
I started listening to the show because you generally make logical, rational, and perhaps most importantly informed arguments for/against players (something most podcasts don't do unfortunately). But to advocate rejecting trades for players you like more (i.e. players that you believe to be inherently more valuable and in turn less risky assets) solely b/c you are losing perceived value is less than optimal advice in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I understand the logic behind it... that by always trading for value the odds are you're likely to come out ahead in the long run. However I think it's ultimately a riskier and more convoluted process to pass up on players you believe in in favor of some unknown and uncertain future dealings centered around an often ill-informed group-think value system. Why not cut out the middleman and simply acquire the asset you believe to be more stable and less risky as soon as possible.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:49 am

Well said DeLorean, better than I had attempted but didn't post. It seems weird for a 'film' guy to make deals for guys they may not like as much just because ADP or perceived market value could mean they could re-flip the other guy and make a small cut of value. The trade market in most instances will only be 10 people, not all of which will be interested or have the same valuation potentially. Also may not be able to get someone you like, and I'm not interested in taking someone I don't like just for a small market value increase. In the long-run I could very well lose that value of my film study was correct.

Overall, it just seems like it is an overly simplistic and not necessarily realistic approach. You should know guys you like and try to get/hold them, not cross your fingers on other guys or hope you can re-flip them and get out with a small profit based on industry perception. Leagues are small trade markets, and the ability to flip may not be as easy as one hopes (at least for the price one hopes).

For what it's worth, I enjoy your actual player takes. That's the part that's worthwhile when I listen. The part about knowing ADP or player hype/trade market, I could take or leave that.

Keep up the good pod.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:41 pm

Sad to report there is no official type podcast for the Baltimore Ravens .. a couple fan shows, The Caw, Purple Reign, Section 336 (Ravens & Orioles)

A page that lists them is the http://russellstreetreport.com/podcasts/

However during the season, there is a weekly award winning TV show that is often uploaded on the net .. I'll post during season if I can find it.
@PlankMelody

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:43 am

Matt Williamson debuts "Locked on NFL"
https://audioboom.com/boos/4886335-lock ... on-nfl?t=0

Plans on doing it 5 times a week..
@PlankMelody

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:48 am

is williamson still doing dynasty blueprint as well?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:54 am

Yes, he has said so on the Blueprint that he plans on doing both .. He is also doing a "No Relationship Podcast" with Bill Williamson on todayspigskin
http://www.todayspigskin.com/the-no-rel ... l-episode/

This Locked On .. is being borrowed from the NBA, guess they have pods for each team and they plan on getting the NFL in the same format ..
@PlankMelody

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:01 am

more williamson is good , thanks plank for the update .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Niceguy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Niceguy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:00 am

clarion contrarion wrote:more williamson is good , thanks plank for the update .
Agree with this. Williamson is one of my favorite football analysts for both regular NFL analysis as well as fantasy and dynasty analysis. I've been listening to him since his early days on the ESPN Football Today podcast. I love that he's doing his own podcasts now.
8 Team PPR: Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP Flex
Initial season 2011 - Champs 2011|2013|2019|2021 - Runner up 2020|2022
QB: Lamar, Dak, Herbert, Jordan Love, Bryce Young
RB: Chubb, Swift, Mixon, Montgomery, Pacheco, Brian Robinson, Rachaad White, Tyjae, Miles Sanders, Deuce Vaughn,
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, AJ Brown, Pittman, Kupp, Deebo, DJ Moore, Christian Watson, Godwin, QJ, Rashee Rice
TE: Kelce, Taysom
K:
EDR/IL: TJW, Parsons
LB: Zaire, K Murray, Okereke, Quay, Lloyd, Hicks
DB: Whitehead,

10 Team PPR league: Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 Superflex, 1 D/ST
Initial Season: 2013 - Champs 2014|2016 - Runner up 2022
QB: Dak, Anthony Richardson, Geno Smith, Trey Lance
RB: Achane, Brian Robinson, Chuba, James Conner, Pierce, Akers
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Pittman, DK Metcalf, Nacua, Godwin, JuJu, Kyle Philips, Tillman
TE: Kittle, McBride, Michael Mayer, Musgrave, Ertz
D/ST: Green Bay

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:10 pm

In the process of starting up my own Dynasty/IDP podcast. Looking for a co-host or two to join me.

viewtopic.php?f=158&t=126432
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Brand new podcast hosting Ryan Mink and Garret Downing, who are part of the PR/Media of the official website of the team, shows are expected to be released every Tue each week.

Feed can be found on most formats, search "Ravens The Lounge Podcast" ..
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bal ... 1142013759
@PlankMelody