Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby ArrylT » Sat May 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Matt Waldman posts all his podcast visits on his website - you can get an idea of what each podcast is like by listening to the ones he visits. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Is Jared still involved with Dynasty One? He's the reason i followed it when he and Karl switched from DLF, but i haven't heard him there for a while (because Jared and Tim were the reason i followed DLF podcast in the first place).

Any word on the future of Filmetrix now that the metrics half has been hired by someone else?
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon May 29, 2017 6:05 pm

I saw someone mention the "Late Round" podcast, and I wanna say thank you. I really like the analytics side of his
podcast
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

johnsmith2951
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby johnsmith2951 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:46 am

I recently stumbled upon Elite Dynasty Podcast. They use the league they are currently all in to provide insight which I enjoy as it provides constant content outside of their analysis and tape talk. It seems new but has gotten better weekly to me.
Team 1
16 Team Dynasty .5 PPR
QB - Kyler Murray, Dak Prescott
RB - Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Williams, Burkhead, Alex Barnes, Bruce Anderson, Demarea Crockett, Corey Clement, CJ Prosise, Spencer Ware
WR - Keenan, Josh Gordon, Kumerow, Kevin White, Ryan Grant, CPat, Allen Hurns, Justin Watson
TE - Vance Mcdonald, Mark Andrews, Shaheen, Gronk

Start 1QB 2RB 2WR TE 2Flex

Team 2
14 team Dynasty .5 PPR
QB - Andrew Luck, Josh Allen
WR - Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Alshon Jeffery, Sammy Watkins, Allen Hurns, Danny Amendola
RB - Todd Gurley, Damien Williams, Mark Ingram, Carlos Hyde, Jerrick Mckinnon, Alfred Blue, Doug Martin, Kenneth Dixon
TE - Vance Mcdonald, Greg Olsen, Jordan Reed,

Start 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2Flex

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:25 am

I don't think I've mentioned the Fantasy Football Engineering pod on here. Hosted by DLF's own Kevin O'Brien, it's a very strong offering. The latest episode with former Packers Executive and current MMQB writer Andrew Brandt was outstanding.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

BonesJackson23
Rookie
Rookie

Postby BonesJackson23 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:56 pm

I listen to them all to better understand market value but Numbers Game and Dynasty Tradecast stand out to me as the best and most consistent. Blueprint, D1, Dynasty Happy Hour are all mostly good. I think Nerds needs to get back to the 3 host format. UTH needs to have more push back when something crazy is said.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 pm

Goirish374 wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 5:36 pm Is Jared still involved with Dynasty One? He's the reason i followed it when he and Karl switched from DLF, but i haven't heard him there for a while (because Jared and Tim were the reason i followed DLF podcast in the first place).

Any word on the future of Filmetrix now that the metrics half has been hired by someone else?
I asked Nick on twitter if FilMetrx would continue and he responded, not that I'm aware ... So, looks like we lost that one. It's a shame, it really was one of my favorites..
@PlankMelody

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:57 am

Plank wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 pm e ... So, looks like we lost that one. It's a shame, it really was one of my favorites..
thanks for the update!

i agree, one of faves :(
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:58 am

Just saw this, and yeah, unfortunately the future of the FilMetrx podcast is uncertain. It was an awesome pod.

For those of you who used to listen to the Faked Goods podcast, Chad Scott is back and part of the DLF Dynasty Pod team. Losing both George and Nick is really tough - they are awesome guys. But Chad returning to DLF does help ease the pain. The last show with Jeff & Chad just dropped and is really worth a listen. And of course, we are always open to feedback and suggestions in the Dynasty Podcast thread.

Recent DLF Dynasty Podcasts

Thanks!

KM

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Novacane wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 7:46 pm
I also really enjoy the Bull Rush but player discussion is limited. I just find it very enternaining.

LOVE the Slayer outro. :twisted:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:49 am

GLSmk wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 6:05 pm I saw someone mention the "Late Round" podcast, and I wanna say thank you. I really like the analytics side of his
podcast
Yeah this is a good one.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 am

astonvanilla wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:13 pm Discovered a new dynasty podcast a few weeks back (apologies if it's mentioned on one of the previous 18 pages!). It's called Sonic Truth Dynasty. It's from the Seahawks SB Nation site but it's not biased. Hosts likes dropping his f bombs so it's NSFW! He hates UTH too and not shy about saying it!

Of the fantasy podcasts (redraft and dynasty)I am currently subscribed to, I would rank em (I have a lot of free time lol):
1 Fantasy Footballers
2 Rotoviz (bumped up coz of the weekly IDP pods during season)
3 ESPN Fantasy Focus
4 DLF
5 Dynasty Trade Calculator
6 Sonic Truth
7 4for4 Most Accurate Podcast
8 UTH
9 Fantasy Football Today
10 PFF Radio
Bump for my slow day at work.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:21 am

Has anyone listened to the new DLF podcast - Player Rater? I'm going to listen to the initial episode sometime today and just curious if anyone else planned to - or already had and had a take ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:43 pm

Nick Whalen has joined the DTC Podcast, making a very good podcast even better. If you are missing Nick's analysis from the Filmetrx & DLF pods, you'll find him there for the foreseeable future.

The Player Rater podcast is off to a very good start. Ryan McDowell & Curtis Patrick have put a lot of work into this. I know I'm biased, but it really is worth a listen. Going to be a truly unique show.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Also, the Fantasy Football Engineering podcast is pretty good as well. Great guests, interesting interviews.