Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:16 am

dynastyninja wrote:Who wants to start a podcast with me?

Please I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. I can at least be the "rules expert" like Mike Carey and Mike Pereira :biggrin:

For real though, if you are serious I'd be down to try something out, even if its just 30mins once a month.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

DynastyNoob
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby DynastyNoob » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:55 am

Most of these have probably already been mentioned but after listening to these all for a year, here are my thoughts.

I primarily listen to DLF and DynastyNerds since I like the hosts and format better than the others.

I listen to UTH and Dynasty Pulse (Dynasty Football Warehouse) for some differing opinions but in general don't care for the attitude of the hosts much.

The Faked Goods is somewhere in the middle for me but it's been a few weeks since their last episode and I honestly can't remember what I didn't like about it.

I know there's a podcast with the folks on Reddit/r/DynastyFF but I stopped listening to it after some random rants by the host that weren't football related.

The Audible is great for in season waiver and lineup advice, I won a redraft league this year due to some of the the people the recommended.

I listened to some others for redraft purposes but found myself skipping a lot of episodes - Harris Football (apparently he will shift to a dynasty view in the offseason), Fantasy Focus (ESPN - lots of unhelpful filler material), 4for4 (somewhat helpful for redraft but prefer The Audible, not sure if members get more than the 2 podcasts a week), and Rotoviz (really depends on the guest)

There's a new one I found with a couple writers from DLF and owners of the Dynasty Trade Calculator. Only listened to one episode so far but I like hearing the 3 opinions on the same trade.

http://dynastytradecalculator.podomatic.com

Final note, I would suggest listening to as many podcasts as you have time for (especially the dynasty based ones) as long as you can tolerate the hosts. Even if you don't agree with the hosts it gives you another opinion to consider and maybe there's a deep sleeper that gets missed on the other pods. Also, odds are that someone in your league listens to these podcasts and maybe they agree with one that you don't, that's a great trade opportunity if you can identify that owner. As someone mentioned before about UTH suggesting trading Hill for Funchess - I wouldn't have done it but if I owned Funchess, I'd send out offers just in case someone else was listening to the same show and DOES agree with UTH. It's a trade I wouldn't have even considered proposing until it was brought up on a podcast that I don't really care for.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:54 pm

My 'Must Listens' include DLF, UTH, and Saturday to Sunday. I'm excited to listen to Filmetrx going forward.

I listen to DynastyNerds when I run out of the others, but find Rich annoying. I feel he states the obvious. I like the other hosts as well as their rookie review stuff.

I'm a fan of Faked Goods, especially their Rookie review/draft content in the offseason, but way to much DFS during the actual season.

Dynasty Football Wearhouse has bad production value. Sounds super scripted, bad music interludes, and overall unenthusiastic. Some of the discussion is good, but it's not the best listen and as such is well down the list. Given there is only so much listening time a week, they often don't make the cut.

DynastyNoob
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby DynastyNoob » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Forgot about it earlier but Dynasty Football Warehoise does have some IDP coverage which is missing from most other podcasts. Not sure how good their analysis is though since I don't play IDP.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:15 pm

DynastyNoob wrote:Forgot about it earlier but Dynasty Football Warehoise does have some IDP coverage which is missing from most other podcasts. Not sure how good their analysis is though since I don't play IDP.
I like their IDP coverage, but its hard to beat the footballguys IDP Roundtable ..
@PlankMelody

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:14 pm

dlf_jules wrote:Filmetrx is a new one from DLF writers. On Soundcloud now. iTunes soon.
hey jules is there a link with the archived episodes ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:16 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:
dlf_jules wrote:Filmetrx is a new one from DLF writers. On Soundcloud now. iTunes soon.
hey jules is there a link with the archived episodes ?
Not Jules, but here is the stitcher page...
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/filmetrx-podcast

They are also on iTunes I'm sure..
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fil ... 65140?mt=2

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-768472729
@PlankMelody

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:02 pm

One of my favorites is Saturdau2Sunday Devy Podcast
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby basilthesnake » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Gave the dynasty calculator pod a whirl. I enjoyed it and will add it to my beyondpod app. Someone mentioned a Reddit pod, I believe they are talking about "dynasty playbook". Has a UTH feel to it, I personally enjoy it, and although it has been spotty in season, the guys say they will post regularly in the off season.

basilthesnake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby basilthesnake » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Looking forward to "the dynasty blueprint". Supposed to come out next week. Matt Williamson and Ryan McDowell.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:06 am

basilthesnake wrote:Looking forward to "the dynasty blueprint". Supposed to come out next week. Matt Williamson and Ryan McDowell.
I am looking forward to this as well..

Here is a new one with Lance Zierlein "The Pick Is In":
http://vsporto.com/episode/10413/the-pi ... nior-bowl/

Not sure when it will be available on iTunes, stitcher etc.. Might have to monitor Lance on twitter to find out when new episodes are released...

Another one is Inside the Pylon, they have a weekly podcast and also release what they call ITP Quick Kicks which are like 20 min clips..
http://insidethepylon.com/itp-quick-kicks-podcast/
http://insidethepylon.com/itp-football-podcast/
@PlankMelody

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:48 pm

between the sticks with Daniel Jeremiah good right before or around draft as get the scout perspective to complement the dynasty fantasy guys.
Breakdown Daniel Jeremiah did on Mariotta and Winston last year with dedicated podcast to each was pretty cool.

Agree that Audible very good for in season as is Fantasy Guru with Greg Cosell for break down of tape and what guys are doing or capable of for more than week to week stuff.

DLF is my go to. Agree that UTH somewhat age centric and host just not my style.

4for4 and others mentioned are ok, but DLF, the Audible and Fantasy Guru are my staples.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan

deputylefty
Starter
Starter

Postby deputylefty » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:11 pm

Just discovered Filmetrx. Really quality stuff.

Karn
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Karn » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:05 am

Thanks for this post. I'm always looking for more podcasts to listen to during the day.

FYI - Episode 1 of Dynasty Blueprint is now out. You can find it here (apparently will be on iTunes/Stitcher soon). http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dynastyblu ... lueprint-1
Local Home League -- 10-team 0.5PPR 1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 2-Flex, 1-TE, K, DEF
QB: Rivers, Prescott, Trubisky
RB: Hunt, Howard, D.Lewis, Ajayi, Drake, D.Johnson, Peterson, Ballage
WR: Hopkins, K.Allen, Diggs, Juju, ARob, Godwin, Godwin, Meredith, Taywan, Moncrief, Westbrook, Cole, Grant
TE: Ertz, Njoku
DST: Jags, Saints

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:48 pm

After some tweets, vsporto made Lance's Zierlien's pod available here:
http://vsporto.com/show/the-pick-is-in-on-vsporto/

New show drops on Thursdays...
@PlankMelody