Best Dynasty Podcasts?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Podcasts other than DLF, UTH & nerds?

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 am

^^^ the fantasy talk is 100% secondary as he whiffs a lot, his going to yahoo is very appropriate as he gives you as much "expert" help as the other yahooers . He is very entertaining and has a swagger that few can match. I stop listening during the season and have went back after the season actually as in my opinion nate liss is the far better listen for knowledge but the podfather drowns him out so often with his numerous soaring diatribes & antics sort of like the worlds best drummer being in a band with a virtuoso guitarist . The guitarist does the soaring screeching solos meanwhile the drummer just steadily keeps the rhythm and timing on schedule. Listen past the screeching and there is much to be heard. He also has many quality guests imparting tons of knowledge and takes that will help you as well.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 am his going to yahoo is very appropriate as he gives you as much "expert" help as the other yahooers .
I know he writes articles for Yahoo but to my knowledge he isn't changing his format/website Rotounderworld and Player Profiler. Can you elaborate?
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:24 pm

I think with no direct knowledge of it - that he is just doing a paid sidegig for yahoo but keeps all his personal projects going independent of yahoo - pure speculation on my part.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Kelley only whiffs a lot because he puts himself out there with strong opinions. Most other “experts” are milquetoast with their takes because they’re terrified of being wrong.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 am

M-Dub wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:07 pm Kelley only whiffs a lot because he puts himself out there with strong opinions. Most other “experts” are milquetoast with their takes because they’re terrified of being wrong.
Both a good thing and a bad thing I suppose. Regular ‘hot takes’ that don’t pan out isn’t something that appeals to me. Taking zero swing and missing zero can be as good as someone who take 10 swings and hits on 1. Sure they got the 1, but they missed on 9 that I could have avoided. That said, so long as there is real logic someone can get behind to be on board, and not just pie in the sky rationale, then to each their own. Additional perspective is a good thing. It is good to have concepts outside the Norm to consider.

I don’t follow Kelley myself as I find him to be ‘too much’ for me, but have heard the ‘hot take’ stuff and hate it. Sounds like an excuse to be wrong on multiple things. I feel like you believe something or you don’t, and you’re right or wrong. Anyone can make up potential scenarios. It’s whether you think probability of that outcome are enough to claim it and plant a flag or not...not just name them and then take credit for hitting on one later like some prophet despite missing on 9 of the other ones.

Sorry, I just hate the over the top ‘hot take’ phenomena. I don’t know if that’s Kelley or not.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 am

He can be “hot take-y“ at times, I guess, but his hot takes are at least based on metrics and analytics rather than hunches. I definitely found him abrasive and even somewhat annoying when I first started listening, but once I figured out where he was coming from, it just kind of clicked with me.

He’s certainly not for everyone, and I still disagree with him a fair amount. But I think he’s probably the biggest and brightest proponent for a pure analytics-based approach to building a football team, be it fantasy or real life. And I think that’s a voice that needs to be heard.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Just bumping this in case anyone has come across some good new podcasts to share!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri May 04, 2018 8:43 pm

ArrylT wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:37 pm Just bumping this in case anyone has come across some good new podcasts to share!
I hear there's this hip new podcast called "Trade Addicts Podcast" that all the cool kids are listening to :P

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Theres a ton of podcasts on podbean.

Dynasty life
Married to the game
Dynasty dads
Rotounderworld
Dynasty happy hour
Dynasty blueprint
Dynasty warzone
Dynasty 101
Dynasty dummies
Dynasty trades HQ
UTH
The nerds
The dynasty dude
Dynasty trade calculator
Dlf dynasty podcast
Capology 101
Fantasypros
Fantasy footballers

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Thanks guys! :)

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri May 04, 2018 9:06 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:43 pm
ArrylT wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:37 pm Just bumping this in case anyone has come across some good new podcasts to share!
I hear there's this hip new podcast called "Trade Addicts Podcast" that all the cool kids are listening to :P
The podcast volume needs some work (tough to hear)

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:18 pm

I used to enjoy UTH a lot but it has definitely declined which is unfortunate cause I think Chad is one of the better analysts out there but his co-hosts aren't on his level. Chad is also too value focused at times for me. I hate hearing about the value of a player. That one guy Izzy from DTC used to say value in every damn sentence regarding a player. Ugh.

Matt Kelly is great because he has actual convictions unlike so many others who are, "well if this, then that" (I'm looking at you Matt Harmon. My god, form an opinion). He also uses data to justify his opinion as opposed to his film takes.

McDowell and Williamson are a good duo. What I like about McDowell is he's focused on playing actual fantasy football, unlike the Football Guys, which are focused on real football.

Speaking of The Football Guys, I find them way too focused on 1. Obscure players, and 2. Real football talk. Which is fine if that's what you're looking for.

I enjoy nearly all the Rotoviz podcasts.

And really just find you a podcast that has Evan Silva, Adam Levitan, Rich Hribar or Scott Barrett on. Those dudes crush it.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:24 pm

I actually had to unsub from rotoviz today. Podbean or rotoviz keep sending me old episodes multiple times a day. To the point my unplayed inbox and downloaded inbox is littered with old episodes.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:29 pm

Bot101 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:03 am
benpickering44 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 pm Rotounderworld is by far my favorite. Matt Kelley gives you clear and confident takes supported with data and metrics.
You're kidding right? A lot of his "takes" are so bad.
I just saw this. The reason he has some "bad takes" is because he actually forms concrete and clear opinions. You don't remember takes from other analysts because they are like "Oh well if this happens then maybe this player could do x". These takes help no one. Kelley actually gives advice. He gets things wrong, but I'd rather have an analyst with clear and concise takes than one who never makes any strong stances.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 05, 2018 12:10 am

Jason3123 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:18 pm I used to enjoy UTH a lot but it has definitely declined which is unfortunate cause I think Chad is one of the better analysts out there but his co-hosts aren't on his level. Chad is also too value focused at times for me. I hate hearing about the value of a player. That one guy Izzy from DTC used to say value in every damn sentence regarding a player. Ugh.

Matt Kelly is great because he has actual convictions unlike so many others who are, "well if this, then that" (I'm looking at you Matt Harmon. My god, form an opinion). He also uses data to justify his opinion as opposed to his film takes.

McDowell and Williamson are a good duo. What I like about McDowell is he's focused on playing actual fantasy football, unlike the Football Guys, which are focused on real football.

Speaking of The Football Guys, I find them way too focused on 1. Obscure players, and 2. Real football talk. Which is fine if that's what you're looking for.

I enjoy nearly all the Rotoviz podcasts.

And really just find you a podcast that has Evan Silva, Adam Levitan, Rich Hribar or Scott Barrett on. Those dudes crush it.
Yeah, UTH lost something when Doug Veetch left. Their advice can be terrible, too. I remember back when they were telling everybody to snap up Perriman in rookie drafts everywhere. Taking Kevin White early in start ups, etc. There are some atrocious orphans out there with there advice/philosophy plastered all over it.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick