No Respect - Quarterbacks

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which stud dynasty QB deserves more respect than he is getting going into the 2009 season?

David Garrard, JAC
18%
Donovan McNabb, PHI
31%
Carson Palmer, CIN
41%
Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
10%

Total votes: 39

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:53 pm

I'm actually in the minority here. I went with Garrard. I think for where you are able to pick him up in drafts, he has a lot of value. On a point per game basis, he is a very solid performer. I think his will bounce back this year from his down year of last year. He can easily be a top 10-12 QB if he performs up to his potential, but he is usually drafted much later than that.

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:30 pm

moneyballer wrote:I'm actually in the minority here. I went with Garrard. I think for where you are able to pick him up in drafts, he has a lot of value. On a point per game basis, he is a very solid performer. I think his will bounce back this year from his down year of last year. He can easily be a top 10-12 QB if he performs up to his potential, but he is usually drafted much later than that.
As I mentioned earlier, I voted for Palmer. However, I do like Garrard as a QB pick later in drafts. He often seems to be overlooked and can make a very good option as a starter or in a rotation. Especially with some better targets this season!
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:18 pm

This one's a close one. Ben deserves the title based on fantasy points but so does McNabb based on a lower ADP...tie?

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Steelersfan wrote:This one's a close one. Ben deserves the title based on fantasy points but so does McNabb based on a lower ADP...tie?
Very close on this one....I underestimated Big Ben!!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:38 pm

hosler427 wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:This one's a close one. Ben deserves the title based on fantasy points but so does McNabb based on a lower ADP...tie?
I was waiting on those words...but from Skip... :lol:

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
:lol: :lol:
Well I still was bitter from the year before when I draft Ben as my QB1 and he put up a turd of a year. Anyways, he had a good year and you can't argue with that. It is pretty interesting going back and seeing everyone's remarks at the beginning of the season.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
I didn't anticipate the running game being quite so bad or the Steelers being quite so down on defense. Ben was forced to throw the ball a lot more this season. If you note, I have never been down on his talent. When asked to throw, he has always been solid. But he doesn't usually have to unload the ball quite so much. If the Steelers can build up a better rushing attack this coming season, he will regress a bit from what he did this season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.