Is there a public dlf league to follow?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
teprovich88
Captain
Captain

Re: Is there a public dlf league to follow?

Postby teprovich88 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:22 am

thebeast wrote:
teprovich88 wrote:DJB has also stepped away.. so still looking for 1 owner to join the HoF League
Have you reached out to FiremanEd? He asked to be wait listed earlier and might be interested.

I had, and due to other obligations he wished to remain on the Waitlist at this time.
Pittsburgh Predators: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021 Champion
NDFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/14733#0

Pittsburgh Tyrants: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 Champion
ADFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/12028#0

DLF HoF: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/23015#0

DLF Premium: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/15795#0

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Crazy there was such an argument over 32 teams...

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:19 pm

thebeast wrote:Crazy there was such an argument over 32 teams...
yeah, one guy said something to the effect of that I was trying to kill the league because i said 24 teams probably wouldn't be feasible long term and recommended cutting the number to 16.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:34 pm

What about Steveeb? He is a HOF guy that has been pretty active recently and seems pretty knowledgeable

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:56 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
yeah, one guy said something to the effect of that I was trying to kill the league because i said 24 teams probably wouldn't be feasible long term and recommended cutting the number to 16.
I think it's time you get back in!

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:48 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
If we look back a few pages, it was your decision to leave and stating that it wouldn't work that started this. Before that we needed 1 owner. I stand by my comment that your comments killed the chance of a 24 team league. Seemed to me that back then you were taking your ball and going home. Maybe I'm wrong, but after that post a ton of us were willing to step down to get to 16 and its been hectic. A simple, I'm out...we find an owner or 2 and this league is rolling. Neither of us can say how it would have worked out, but your comments certainly didn't help. No hard feelings by any means, but it did come across to me that you were attempting to talk people out of the league. Now that its a 16 teamer rather than two 12 teamers, I can see why some may not want to be part of it. It is two different types of a league.

I just can't see myself leaving a league for fear of it not working out, and trying to convince others it won't work like I feel you did. No hard feelings mark and thanks for the work you put in. I do think its odd though that you come out and say you were right when all I said was that your post would kill this, and it did. We went from needing 2 owners with your departure to now looking for 16 commitments when we already had 22.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:32 pm

I would have much rather had this league remain a 2 - 12 team thing. Was really looking forward to that set up. I'm not as high on the 16 team thing. I'm not considering backing out - just voicing my thoughts.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:38 pm

Sorry guys for stepping out, things changed. But I would like to be on the waiting list for the future, just can't commit right now.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:26 am

So I joined the HOF league and made it to page 8 of this thread before I decided just reading the bylaws is a nice sparknotes version of it. Any highlights from this thread I missed? I didn't read this thread a single time prior to joining the HOF league lol.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:12 am

JFever wrote:I would have much rather had this league remain a 2 - 12 team thing. Was really looking forward to that set up. I'm not as high on the 16 team thing. I'm not considering backing out - just voicing my thoughts.
I'm reiterating here, but that format does work. I'm in a league that's over 20 years old with that format. We've never been at a loss for new owners. And the championship at the end has always made total sense.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:39 am

Steveeb wrote:So I joined the HOF league and made it to page 8 of this thread before I decided just reading the bylaws is a nice sparknotes version of it. Any highlights from this thread I missed? I didn't read this thread a single time prior to joining the HOF league lol.
I don't think you're missing anything by not reading through this thread. Just read the league chat, posts and polls, and the bylaws, and you're good.

DecafMaverick
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DecafMaverick » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Getting in on this party extremely late, but I'm looking to add a league and would love to get into one of these DLF leagues. I'm a premium member (don't know how to get that to show on here), and have traversed these threads for about three years now. I just registered to join the forums for this opportunity.
10-tm, PPR/Tackle Heavy, 53-man rosters
2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 3DL, 3LB, 3DB, 2DP (DL, LB, DB)

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:09 pm

I believe the door has closed for getting in, DecafMaverick. The Premium league is drafting now and the other league is for HoF forum posters. I could be wrong, though, so someone can chime in and correct me if so.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:19 pm

DecafMaverick wrote:Getting in on this party extremely late, but I'm looking to add a league and would love to get into one of these DLF leagues. I'm a premium member (don't know how to get that to show on here), and have traversed these threads for about three years now. I just registered to join the forums for this opportunity.
I'm sure you can get on the wait list for the premium league! Welcome to posting. :)

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:39 pm

sloth8u wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:
If we look back a few pages, it was your decision to leave and stating that it wouldn't work that started this. Before that we needed 1 owner. I stand by my comment that your comments killed the chance of a 24 team league. Seemed to me that back then you were taking your ball and going home. Maybe I'm wrong, but after that post a ton of us were willing to step down to get to 16 and its been hectic. A simple, I'm out...we find an owner or 2 and this league is rolling. Neither of us can say how it would have worked out, but your comments certainly didn't help. No hard feelings by any means, but it did come across to me that you were attempting to talk people out of the league. Now that its a 16 teamer rather than two 12 teamers, I can see why some may not want to be part of it. It is two different types of a league.

I just can't see myself leaving a league for fear of it not working out, and trying to convince others it won't work like I feel you did. No hard feelings mark and thanks for the work you put in. I do think its odd though that you come out and say you were right when all I said was that your post would kill this, and it did. We went from needing 2 owners with your departure to now looking for 16 commitments when we already had 22.
Very few of these DLF leagues last more than a few years... And those were 12 team leagues. I wasn't the the 1st person to leave, i did so after a few people left and the thing kept going back n forth. I've seen too many of these things start with the best of intentions only to fail over the course of a few years because when owners want to cut leagues these are always the ones they cut first. Hopefully you guys make this one work.

And Sloth you may say no hard feelings but ragging wrapped in respect is still seen as ragging by most. I wasn't talking anone out of anything. I just stated what i've seen from DLF leagues like this formed in the past. As for why i left it was because i decided i was going to build another league with much different rules.

In the end I spent quite a few hours building your site and want to see it work so it wasnt a waste of time thats why i even tried. Don't worry i wont be interfering any further.