Is there a public dlf league to follow?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Is there a public dlf league to follow?

Postby nation31 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:09 am

Id like to change my vote if possible. I voted for two 12 team leagues, but I prefer one 24 team league with duplicate players.

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:12 am

nation31 wrote:Id like to change my vote if possible. I voted for two 12 team leagues, but I prefer one 24 team league with duplicate players.
But whatever is decided is fine. After all the work that was put in, I dont think we should eliminate any teams and drop to only 16 owners.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 am

nation31 wrote: I dont think we should eliminate any teams and drop to only 16 owners.
Right, this would be my last choice.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

klazk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby klazk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:18 am

Outsiders view - but if the goal was to put something together that forum members could follow and look at the strategies used, then a double player pool doesn't make much sense from a draft or trading standpoint. That isn't "standard" and is going to diminish a lot of the aspects that it seems were originally intended.

I think that would be a fun league format, but it certainly isn't standard.

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:21 am

Couldnt we work it out so we kept the same setup, as is-crown two champions week 16. Then have those two "champions" play in week 17 basically for bragging rights, fun, and/or maybe league fees for the next year (which would mean the week 17 game would have $20 on the line). Of course the real payouts would be to the two champions, as well both teams being crowned as HOF champions.

I am not sure if that all makes sense; it does in my head.

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 am

nation31 wrote:Couldnt we work it out so we kept the same setup, as is-crown two champions week 16. Then have those two "champions" play in week 17 basically for bragging rights, fun, and/or maybe league fees for the next year (which would mean the week 17 game would have $20 on the line). Of course the real payouts would be to the two champions, as well both teams being crowned as HOF champions.

I am not sure if that all makes sense; it does in my head.
Essentially this is two 12 team leagues facing off at the end for fun. But the more I think about it, it doesnt make sense. What was our original plan for the waiver wire anyway? To have two separate waiver wires for each league?

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 am

I'm not in the HOF league, but for some perspective I'm in a 24 team league that is split into two divisions just as your original plan was. This league has been running for over 20 years with this format, and it seems to work just fine. I honestly don't really understand what the big deal is. You're theoretically putting together a very strong league, full of dedicated dynasty folks, and I seriously doubt one division will be full of idiots and allow a massive imbalance. It's worked just fine for 20 years in the league I'm in, and the champion moves from one division to the other regularly. I think you might be getting a little too wrapped up in that detail personally.

But, like I said, I'm not in it. I just wanted to provide some perspective from someone who is in a 24 teamer.
Last edited by splendorlex on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:03 am

Ok. Thanks Irish. My thoughts EXACTLY. So... Time to chirp in....

Too many cooks in the kitchen. This keeps happening. This league is not for BIG MONEY. The league (from my understanding) is two 12 team leagues each with 2 divisions each. Each league (American and National) would have to have it's own waiver wire, as each team has its own set of NFL players. Each league will have it's own playoffs between divisions (similar to most league playoffs) and thus it's own champion. As far as the championship for the whole thing - Yes, that is mainly for fun and it is something that isn't governed like normal leagues. Because - this isn't a "normal league".

As far as cutting it down to 16 from what we've put together - how does anyone see that as a realistic thought at this point? Seriously? I don't. You want the public to vote on whom of us should be in or shouldn't for simplicities sake? huh? Simply put; The idea of the league is not for all of us to bring our ideas and opinions to the forefront and shape this league into something similar to our other leagues or to fit our comfort levels - rather - its to put together an informative, low cost, entertaining source of information that the average DLF visitor can easily and conveniently use as a source to gather information on trends, management, roster philosophies, draft strategies, and player / trade values. Simple as that. I am completely cool with our commissioner making the bylaws up and getting this going. All this chirping in and buzzing about this and that and this and that - seems like a small yip dog chasing it's tail.

Sure, there are few minor details about exact cost, payouts, scheduling, etc. How about we not over think, over complicate, and over legislate every single thing, and also, how about we let some of this just be decided by our league commissioner?

Again... too many captains on a ship - get the ship lost or sunk. Lets chill out a little bit fellas. It will all be fine as originally planned.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:07 am

I would also add that for the idea behind the league, it's very beneficial to have two divisions with different player pools, different waivers, etc. You're giving double the information to the community at DLF.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 am

klazk wrote:Outsiders view - but if the goal was to put something together that forum members could follow and look at the strategies used, then a double player pool doesn't make much sense from a draft or trading standpoint. That isn't "standard" and is going to diminish a lot of the aspects that it seems were originally intended.

24 teams isn't standard, but look at it more as 2 separate 12-team leagues that happen to have the champs face off in week 16.

They will be playing each other only in their own conferences. Draft strategies and trade values will remain relatively the same.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 am

I'm just confused as to how/why the whole idea of changing the size and format even got brought up. I thought we were past that...

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:14 am

zfifelski wrote:I'm just confused as to how/why the whole idea of changing the size and format even got brought up. I thought we were past that...

Me too. Hence my response. :thumbup:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 am

Irishdoom wrote:I would also add that for the idea behind the league, it's very beneficial to have two divisions with different player pools, different waivers, etc. You're giving double the information to the community at DLF.
I'm not so sure about that. Double player pool allows for a more robust trade market, so folks would get a better idea of trade values.

Still, probably better to go with what we have. I change my vote to status quo.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

klazk
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby klazk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:20 am

zfifelski wrote:
klazk wrote:Outsiders view - but if the goal was to put something together that forum members could follow and look at the strategies used, then a double player pool doesn't make much sense from a draft or trading standpoint. That isn't "standard" and is going to diminish a lot of the aspects that it seems were originally intended.

24 teams isn't standard, but look at it more as 2 separate 12-team leagues that happen to have the champs face off in week 16.

They will be playing each other only in their own conferences. Draft strategies and trade values will remain relatively the same.
Yes. I agree. My comment was directed at the idea that was floated that there be a double player pool available to all 24 teams (not as in 1 player pool per conference but as in each player available twice).

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:21 am

klazk wrote:
zfifelski wrote:

Yes. I agree. My comment was directed at the idea that was floated that there be a double player pool available to all 24 teams (not as in 1 player pool per conference but as in each player available twice).
Gotcha.