Is there a public dlf league to follow?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Is there a public dlf league to follow?

Postby guyatwork37 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:06 pm

The premium league seems like a solid group of people. I have no idea wtf happened to / is happening to the HOF league, but from the outside looking in, it seems like a bunch of egos. But I'm basing that off of some comments I've seen and not much else.

teprovich88
Captain
Captain

Postby teprovich88 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:09 pm

guyatwork37 wrote:The premium league seems like a solid group of people. I have no idea wtf happened to / is happening to the HOF league, but from the outside looking in, it seems like a bunch of egos. But I'm basing that off of some comments I've seen and not much else.
Both leagues will be off and running without a hitch. For the HoF league we are just finalizing a few things and getting the final teams paid up and finalized. It actually works out well for the forum to have one league draft pre-FA and one to likely draft post-FA.
Pittsburgh Predators: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2021 Champion
NDFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/14733#0

Pittsburgh Tyrants: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 Champion
ADFL: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/12028#0

DLF HoF: http://www68.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/23015#0

DLF Premium: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2024/home/15795#0

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:10 pm

guyatwork37 wrote:The premium league seems like a solid group of people. I have no idea wtf happened to / is happening to the HOF league, but from the outside looking in, it seems like a bunch of egos. But I'm basing that off of some comments I've seen and not much else.
Well I think that's a little excessive...If you look at teh actual league page and the chat, it seems like people are being pretty reasonable about this whole thing
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:11 pm

It's not that bad, though it's been a bizarre process, but talking about it probably just creates more hassle, and it's in the past. I'm staying quiet and waiting for the last 5 guys to pay their dues. Money is finally on the table!

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:33 pm

auggiedoggies wrote:
Well I think that's a little excessive...If you look at teh actual league page and the chat, it seems like people are being pretty reasonable about this whole thing
Maybe I heard/read wrong, but didnt' the league start off with 24 guys all of which, for the most part, were stoked to be in the league on behalf of the forum and then once the rules and settings got in place, people bailed because it didn't fall in line with what they wanted/were accustomed too/would deal with? Isn't that an ego thing, especially since the point of these leagues is to provide the forums something to monitor / follow along with?

I may be very wrong, but that's how I perceived it.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 am

guyatwork37 wrote:Maybe I heard/read wrong, but didnt' the league start off with 24 guys all of which, for the most part, were stoked to be in the league on behalf of the forum and then once the rules and settings got in place, people bailed because it didn't fall in line with what they wanted/were accustomed too/would deal with? Isn't that an ego thing, especially since the point of these leagues is to provide the forums something to monitor / follow along with?

That was my sense as well... But also think that the level-headed guys kept a low profile and now make up most of, if not all, of the HoFL.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:19 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
guyatwork37 wrote:Maybe I heard/read wrong, but didnt' the league start off with 24 guys all of which, for the most part, were stoked to be in the league on behalf of the forum and then once the rules and settings got in place, people bailed because it didn't fall in line with what they wanted/were accustomed too/would deal with? Isn't that an ego thing, especially since the point of these leagues is to provide the forums something to monitor / follow along with?

That was my sense as well... But also think that the level-headed guys kept a low profile and now make up most of, if not all, of the HoFL.
i am in the hof league and this to me is exactly what happened. too many ppl wanted everything their way and whined if it wasnt at first. i droppped out cause i got tired of exactly that but i jumped at the chance to get back in. im hoping it works out and we got all the bad apples out of there. kinda weird waiting on ppl to pay up like they are surprised or something. i mean hell you knew it was a pay league when you joined just pay the damn dues and lets go!!
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:28 am

i think its worth pointing out that the perception you might get from reading this thread is probably quite a bit different from the impression if you're in the HOFL, seeing the chats and message board postings.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:58 am

knotts4372 wrote:

i am in the hof league and this to me is exactly what happened. too many ppl wanted everything their way and whined if it wasnt at first. i droppped out cause i got tired of exactly that but i jumped at the chance to get back in. im hoping it works out and we got all the bad apples out of there. kinda weird waiting on ppl to pay up like they are surprised or something. i mean hell you knew it was a pay league when you joined just pay the damn dues and lets go!!
I think this is overall right, but I wouldn't characterize anyone who left (or anyone who stayed) as a bad apple. Just a bunch of people who have strong beliefs about what's best for the long-term health of a league. Since we all stepped back and let the commish take over, it's been much better.

Props to you, knotts, for compromising on the issue of fees. That seemed to be the biggest hangup for a few people (and understandably so). Now let's get this thing rolling!
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

DecafMaverick
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby DecafMaverick » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:23 am

Steveeb wrote:I believe the door has closed for getting in, DecafMaverick. The Premium league is drafting now and the other league is for HoF forum posters. I could be wrong, though, so someone can chime in and correct me if so.
jeffster wrote:
DecafMaverick wrote:Getting in on this party extremely late, but I'm looking to add a league and would love to get into one of these DLF leagues. I'm a premium member (don't know how to get that to show on here), and have traversed these threads for about three years now. I just registered to join the forums for this opportunity.
I'm sure you can get on the wait list for the premium league! Welcome to posting. :)
Thanks for the reply fellas. I would, indeed, like to be wait listed! If there is anything else I need to do on my end to make this happen, please feel free to shoot me a PM or leave a reply here. Thanks all.
10-tm, PPR/Tackle Heavy, 53-man rosters
2QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 3DL, 3LB, 3DB, 2DP (DL, LB, DB)

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:34 am

I'm late to the dance and happy to have missed any drama. I agree with Jules that there likely weren't any bad apples. Pretty much all of the HoF posters on these forums are simply passionate about dynasty and with that passion comes knowledge and caring for how a league should be set up for longevity and health, and not everyone agrees on these issues. Not all leagues are for every owner, and I think that's likely what we saw here.

Is the format for these PPR? Since that's DLF default scoring, I assumed so, but I can't seem to find it in writing anywhere to confirm.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:46 am

Hey Steveeb, yep, it's ppr.

I've been one of the original owners to sign up for the hof league. Was very interested in the 2 12 team leagues and didn't really have any hang ups. Never left, never thought of leaving, just sat back and read the posts and the frequent voicing of differing opinions. No biggy. The handfull of people that signed up then left really strikes me as odd. I mean, where is the conviction? Why sign up if you "really" don't plan on doing it? Strange to me. In regard to paying, I responded to Stanley (Hof) Commissioner about this. I'll be paying in a couple weeks or so. To explain to all other hof members, for some reason several of my leagues have their league fees due and just about the same time this year. Seems to me a couple of them have moved up their due date by a couple months compared to last few years. I paid 3 of them this past weekend and 4 in the last 2 weeks. My wife is a bit put off by my hobby and when I told her about this league FINALLY coming around - and now another leaguesafe invite - she wasn't overly pleased. She asked what the due date was and I told her. So.... long story short - happy wife / happy life - I'm gonna wait till the due date. I figure there really is NO hurry. Who knows, a few more owners may change their mind by then. lol. Anyway, I figured I'd give all a heads up.

As to that thought, I see no reason why we can't draft for our draft position soon, just to get that done, (I rolled a 900 something - and am 1st), then all must be paid by time of draft. For the record, I'm in it for the long haul and do not plan on backing out. the back and forth thing - Never crossed my mind. A Teacher's salary can have an impact on ones free spending on hobbies such as this. At times we have to take a look at priorities (as my wife says).

Peace all.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 am

JFever wrote: As to that thought, I see no reason why we can't draft for our draft position soon, just to get that done, (I rolled a 900 something - and am 1st), then all must be paid by time of draft.
Actually, for draft order I think you rolled a 272. Just sent you an email.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:03 am

JFever wrote:Hey Steveeb, yep, it's ppr.

I've been one of the original owners to sign up for the hof league. Was very interested in the 2 12 team leagues and didn't really have any hang ups. Never left, never thought of leaving, just sat back and read the posts and the frequent voicing of differing opinions. No biggy. The handfull of people that signed up then left really strikes me as odd. I mean, where is the conviction? Why sign up if you "really" don't plan on doing it? Strange to me. In regard to paying, I responded to Stanley (Hof) Commissioner about this. I'll be paying in a couple weeks or so. To explain to all other hof members, for some reason several of my leagues have their league fees due and just about the same time this year. Seems to me a couple of them have moved up their due date by a couple months compared to last few years. I paid 3 of them this past weekend and 4 in the last 2 weeks. My wife is a bit put off by my hobby and when I told her about this league FINALLY coming around - and now another leaguesafe invite - she wasn't overly pleased. She asked what the due date was and I told her. So.... long story short - happy wife / happy life - I'm gonna wait till the due date. I figure there really is NO hurry. Who knows, a few more owners may change their mind by then. lol. Anyway, I figured I'd give all a heads up.

As to that thought, I see no reason why we can't draft for our draft position soon, just to get that done, (I rolled a 900 something - and am 1st), then all must be paid by time of draft. For the record, I'm in it for the long haul and do not plan on backing out. the back and forth thing - Never crossed my mind. A Teacher's salary can have an impact on ones free spending on hobbies such as this. At times we have to take a look at priorities (as my wife says).
Peace all.
Looks like your official roll was 272 and closer to the bottom. If you think there's an error I would reach out to the commish.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 am

JFever wrote:Hey Steveeb, yep, it's ppr.

Peace all.
I don't have a problem progressing with selecting draft picks on the assumption that JFever pays when it's due, as long as everyone else is okay with it. Up to the commish. Of course there are still four others that haven't paid, and as has been pointed out, there's no need to hurry this early.