Is there a public dlf league to follow?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Is there a public dlf league to follow?

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:27 am

I'm still happy that a random idea that I had one day actually turned into a couple of leagues. Fun times.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 am

True. Some very good and knowledgeable personalities to be found here.

:clap:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:31 am

knotts4372 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:01 pm
Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:50 pm While the Hall of Famers League has more renowned members, the DLF Premium League is way better, has non-stop GroupMe chatter and is full of cool guys, unlike the primma donnas in the HoFL. Perfect example is Arryt hijacking my DLF PL vacancy post with one of his own.

DLF Premuim League will also get a graphics face lift going into 2019, a rules refinement and possibly begin using a travelling trophy.
hmm seems to me the kinda chatter that should get a hof league/premium league rivalry going? maybe some kinda cross brand gamesmanship? maybe a week 17 pro bowl type game where the hof champion plays the premium league champ?
Only flaw with this plan is that I'm the current HoF league champ and I've already had the horseshoe up my rear surgically removed.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Both leagues are high-powered and worth following.

(As a proud DLFPLer i should add that we have our own recent history of prima donna behavior)

Cult and Arry are both great owners, fortunate to share leaguespace with both.

Leagues are as good as their owners and their leadership...there is a really strong group of committed owners in DLFPL with the world’s most extraordinary non-player commish (working for free) in Stan. Anyone thinking of a deep roster 16 teamer should check out the post in the help wanted section.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Somehow, between 5 am and now, there were another 83 messages in our GroupMe. The DLF PL doesn't take a day off.

FYI, I was just ribbing Arryt mostly in good fun. He's one of the classiest posters on here at this time.

I used to push for unification of the two leagues, but I think it's an interesting case study, over the coming years, to see how these two nearly identical leagues evolve.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:31 pm

I am glad to hear that your groupme is so active. :) And yes - it is interesting to see how 2 similar leagues can evolve. I am almost tempted to do that one day - take a 12 team league - clone it - and whichever owners from the first league did not want to join the 2nd, I'd open to new owners - and see how it plays out from there.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Glad to hear it. :)

DLF HOF has filled its vacancies, as has DLFS & the DLF Vet Invitational so I think that only leaves DLF Charter left.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:57 am

The DLF Premium League has received a major facelift going into 2019. I did a majority of the new graphics (new league banner and division banners), with Mark_in_MI assisting with the four new team banners and cleaning up a fifth.

After four seasons, we decided to do away with generic division names (NFC North, NFC South, etc.) and let division winners name their division. The fact that two division winners left the league ... well it threw a curve ball into that arrangement. So we collected suggestions and then had a vote on the two divisions names. The names are all in good fun, and I hope that the ex-owners (who are members of this forum) take it in stride. Both are missed.

You can see the 2019 site here: http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2019/home/15795#0

Gonna be another fun season!

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:59 pm

That is always kewl (giving owners some power into designing the league) - too bad two of the teams that earned that 'power' were not around to use it. Also thanks for sharing the link. :)

DLF HOF is about to run its 3 team dispersal (perhaps more if any of the current owners decide to join). One of us will likely share the results on the DLF HOF thread. :)

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Well I'm a firm believer in making leagues enaging to owners, and two ideas we've discussed are letting division winners name their divisions (which has been implemented) and having a travelling trophy (which has not yet been implemented).

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:43 pm Well I'm a firm believer in making leagues enaging to owners, and two ideas we've discussed are letting division winners name their divisions (which has been implemented) and having a travelling trophy (which has not yet been implemented).
I certainly concur it is a good idea to find ways to keep owners engaged. :thumbup:

I also like the idea that some leagues have about naming the worst team (ie the team that finishes in last gets their team name chosen for them the next year).

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:03 pm

That can work in most leagues. But don't really think its appropriate for these two leagues, since we use our DLF handles.

I've also tried to get some interest going in having year end awards (e.g. best trade, best FA pickup, most active manager, etc.). However, that never really got any traction? At the same time, I also proposed that we have an online GM Meeting in early spring on Skype or FaceTime. Even created an agenda for it. But this fell through as well with hardly anyone committing to the meeting. Still think it would be cool to speak (online) about the league, the upcoming NFL Draft, the upcoming Rookie Draft and the status of teams. Maybe 6-8 guys...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:03 pm That can work in most leagues. But don't really think its appropriate for these two leagues, since we use our DLF handles.

I've also tried to get some interest going in having year end awards (e.g. best trade, best FA pickup, most active manager, etc.). However, that never really got any traction? At the same time, I also proposed that we have an online GM Meeting in early spring on Skype or FaceTime. Even created an agenda for it. But this fell through as well with hardly anyone committing to the meeting. Still think it would be cool to speak (online) about the league, the upcoming NFL Draft, the upcoming Rookie Draft and the status of teams. Maybe 6-8 guys...
Yeah absolutely - I was talking more in general than for these specific leagues.

I think something like that could be fun. What it comes down to, for me, is like anything Commissioner involved, is whether or not it is worth the time & effort to put together. In the end, as I am sure you'll agree, the Commissioner is the glue that holds a league together, and they have to have a sense of what activities they can put together that will garner enough interest. I would agree that it is better to start small and grow it from there. IE hope for 6 owners, and let word of mouth the next year help entice a couple more to partake.