Overvalued - RB (Updated)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Which stud dynasty RB could be most overvalued going into the 2009 season?

Matt Forte
24%
Maurice Jones-Drew
10%
Chris Johnson
8%
Steve Slaton
32%
DeAngelo Williams
26%

Total votes: 50

GridIronFavre
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby GridIronFavre » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:48 pm

I considered voting for Forte at first glance of the options because I think he is being slightly overvalued. However, I then saw that Slaton was an option. While I like Slaton, I do not think that he is capable of producing fantasy numbers year in and year out. I think that Chris Brown or someone else will take a few carries this year, and they will soon bring someone in who is more capable of lightening Slaton's load.
Start: 2 QB, 3 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE (All TDs=6, 1 per 10 rush/rec, 1 per 25 pass, NO PPR) 8 teams
QB: Rodgers, Vick, Cutler, Schaub, Luck
RB: Rice, CJ, McFadden, Richardson, Stewart, Ingram, Spiller, Vereen
WR: Green, Marshall, Roddy, Jennings, Roddy, Bowe, Maclin, Britt, A Brown, Williams (TB), Collie, Smith (STL)
TE: Graham, Finley, F Davis, Cook
Taxi Squad: Tebow, Crabtree, Jeffrey, Hill, Gordon

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:38 pm

GridIronFavre wrote:I considered voting for Forte at first glance of the options because I think he is being slightly overvalued. However, I then saw that Slaton was an option. While I like Slaton, I do not think that he is capable of producing fantasy numbers year in and year out. I think that Chris Brown or someone else will take a few carries this year, and they will soon bring someone in who is more capable of lightening Slaton's load.
I think the fact that they have not brought someone (of stature) in via free agency or the draft shows their intentions are to use Slaton as much as possible.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:52 pm

hosler427 wrote: I think the fact that they have not brought someone (of stature) in via free agency or the draft shows their intentions are to use Slaton as much as possible.
Exactly my thinking. Houston is certainly not worried about using Slaton much the same as they did last season. And does anyone honestly consider Chris Brown a significant threat for time? While healthy, the guy was talented - but he was almost never healthy.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:41 am

gaz29 wrote:I voted for Williams. I just dont think he repeats his numbers from last year where as the others have the opportunity to do so
For once I have to agree with my English friend! :D With Stewart creeping up on him, D-Wills touches will be fewer and fewer as the season(s) roll on.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Donkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Donkey » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 pm

jimmo wrote:I voted Forte, thanks Skip for getting him in the poll! Turner would be my second choice (Yes, I'm a big believer in the Curse of 370).

Forte won't catch 63 passes again- with a better QB comes fewer checkdowns. The receivers are also better this year, if for no other reason than experience. Olsen will catch more passes. Jones is fully healthy and will get more touches. Forte was very pedestrian running the ball last year and I really can't imagine he'll keep getting the rock if he's not even getting 4 yards a carry (10 games under 4.0 last year, two right at 4.0 and three games under 3 YPC!). Plus he's hurt right now. No thanks.
I voted for Forte for the same reasons as Jimmo.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Forte with Slaton a close 2nd IMO.

BubbaBurst
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BubbaBurst » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:57 am

Steelersfan wrote:Forte with Slaton a close 2nd IMO.
I'd prob swap the two (Forte was still startable in ppr leagues) but i wouldnt fault anyone for seeing like you Mark. Forte was ranked a few spots higher.
DLF I Romo, Mathews, DMC, Murray, AJohnson, Welker, Wayne, Nelson, Finley
DLF II Peyton, McCoy, Ballard, DJackson, VJackson, DMoore, Welker, Gronk
DLF R Cam, AP, Foster, RWilliams, Nicks, SSmith, Floyd, Hill, Gresham, Keller
DLF U Eli, DMC, CJ2k, Sproles, Ballard, AJ Green, VJackson, Graham, Gresham

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:20 pm

BubbaBurst wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:Forte with Slaton a close 2nd IMO.
I'd prob swap the two (Forte was still startable in ppr leagues) but i wouldnt fault anyone for seeing like you Mark. Forte was ranked a few spots higher.
Forte was being drafted as high as the #1 in some startups. His finish this season is very disappointing.

His ppg (13.887) is also lower than Slatons (15.582). Slaton had 44 catches in the first 11 games he played and was plenty startable over that stretch. I don't think his production was disappointing - it was Houston's decision to bench him. He wasn't running very effectively and was fumbling too often.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.